Found Safe GA - Nathan Barfield, Adult, Polk Co, 3 Feb (fnd)/ 6 Feb 2018

Dalagali

Reaction score
The Polk County Police Department is seeking help today finding a local man who hasn't been seen since Saturday morning, according to a post on the police department's Facebook page.

The post stated that Nathan Emory Barfield was last seen around 7:30 a.m. Saturday morning, possibly wearing a burgandy fleece pull over and boots. He was last known to be driving a dark blue 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Georgia tag number BDH6360.

According to Polk County Police Chief Kenny Dodd, Barfield left Saturday morning to go to Cartersville to pick up exercise equipment, and never showed up.

"No one has heard from him since," Dodd said.

Dodd added that the route he likely took to Cartersville was searched, and no sight of he or his vehicle have been found.

Those with any information in reference to Barfield’s location are asked to please contact Polk County 911, or the Polk County Police Department at 770-748-7331.

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com...cle_4731cd16-09d8-11e8-a223-4fe1b41a32e7.html

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...1e8-a028-2797bf6c7b37/5a775112050ea.image.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit confused with the time on the pic. It says 12:47, but the article says he was last seen at 7:30 am. Wonder what's up with that?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

A bit confused with the time on the pic. It says 12:47, but the article says he was last seen at 7:30 am. Wonder what's up with that?

That is strange. I wonder where the photo came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for the dating on the picture. Perhaps a picture of a picture to use for a missing flyer?

Also, this is pretty close to my neck of the woods.

And the post below on missing veterans mentions Food and Rockmart?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=858027221043048&id=360622800783495

ETA Nathan's facebook-

https://www.facebook.com/nathan.barfield.9

I think you are correct about the photo. If you look closely, the picture looks pixelated, as if a photo of a computer, phone, or TV screen was taken. The timestamp of the photo is also upside down, so I'm pretty sure it's a picture of a picture.

That IS somewhat confusing though. They should have cropped out the timestamp or made a note about it.

I think you are correct about the photo. If you look closely, the picture looks pixelated, as if a photo of a computer, phone, or TV screen was taken. The timestamp of the photo is also upside down, so I'm pretty sure it's a picture of a picture.

That IS somewhat confusing though. They should have cropped out the timestamp or made a note about it.
I agree!

The comments I see say he is no longer missing and alive....interesting choice of words. Hope that he is ok too.

so, is he still missing? Missing again? anything official to get the mods to change the title here if needed? Weird.

I read the rules about referring to social media pages, but I'm still unsure what's okay to provide a link for. He does have a Facebook page and has been tagged in posts, which confirm what the wsbtv article I linked in my earlier post stated. He never returned home and did not contact family after police in Alabama located him. So he has not been found safe. Not sure how to have admins confirm that.

I am notifying a mod. Still missing from what I have read. Very confusing.

Nobody heard from Barfield until police in Alabama located his vehicle on Monday. According to Barfield’s family, police sent him back to Georgia.

On Tuesday morning, police in Georgia found Barfield’s car abandoned on Hwy 27 in Haralson County.

Search teams are looking for Barfield, and his family says foul play is now suspected.

Barfield’s family says he’s never disappeared before, and they don’t believe he has a girlfriend. They said they don’t know what’s going on.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/fam...er-disappeared-going-to-chick-fil-a/695211739

Family suspects foul play?

He disappeared for 3 days, Police in Alabama found him and instructed him to return to Georgia/go home. And now Police located his vehicle again, in Georgia, but it was abandoned and no word from him but his family, again, suspects foul play?

Not sure what led to him disappearing for 3 days the first time but my gut tells me his absence this time is either due to fear (or embarrassment) of facing his family about his initial 3 day absence, or whatever reason he left to begin with is still (to him) unresolved

This is so bizarre.

Family suspects foul play?

He disappeared for 3 days, Police in Alabama found him and instructed him to return to Georgia/go home. And now Police located his vehicle again, in Georgia, but it was abandoned and no word from him but his family, again, suspects foul play?

Not sure what led to him disappearing for 3 days the first time but my gut tells me his absence this time is either due to fear (or embarrassment) of facing his family about his initial 3 day absence, or whatever reason he left to begin with is still (to him) unresolved

This is so bizarre.
IMO....the closer he got to "home", the more reality set in. They found him because of the vehicle on Monday. No vehicle to link him now....

Curious about whether or not the police in Alabama who originally found him actually ID'ed him, or if they just found the car and naturally assumed the male in it was Nathan but it was really not?

*Edited to add*
Really reaching here simply since the FAMILY thinks foul play but, IMO it's not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back