655 users online (126 members and 529 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 265
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Redondo Beach, CA

    CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #10

    This is awful. I wonder what else we're going to find out.


    PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) --
    Thirteen victims, ranging in age from 2 to 29 years old, were kept shackled to their beds amid foul surroundings in a Perris home by their parents, sheriff's officials said.

    Early Sunday morning, a 17-year-old girl escaped from the residence, located in the 100 Block of Muir Woods Road and called 911 from a cellular device she managed to take from the home, investigators said.

    That teen told the 911 operator that she and her 12 siblings were being held captive in their home by their parents.

    Media Thread

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Last edited by Tricia; 02-07-2018 at 09:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Daily Mail has photos of the family from their FB page


    All the children are dressed alike in the family portraits.

    Same photos now posted at this link


    One photo shows the parents and kids in what looks like a wedding ceremony.

    LE are asking for any information from the public about the family.
    All statements are my opinion only.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Here's the deal.

    No sleuthing of other family members. Doesn't matter who was related to which side of the family that invented that thing from England and passed along the patient to the brother on one side of the family do you get my point? Unless the relative has a direct connection to the criminal part of this case please do not sleuth anyone related to these people.

    If you make a statement about injuries or a statement of anything and make it sound like a statement of fact without backing up what you say with a link you will be issued a timeout.

    No politics.

    I think that's it.

    Carry on.

    Please donate atGoFundMe
    PayPal and Google Pay use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com
    If half the people who visit today gave $5 dollars we would never have to worry but please
    only donate if you can truly afford to do so
    Thank you

    Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sagewood Drive
    STE H 214
    Park City UT 84098

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    63° 22'N 32° 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Looking at the case so far, the surface is just being scratched. I suspect the abuse had been going on before 2010.

    I saw 20/20 about David and Louise Turpin. I think they could be injustice collectors.

    Injustice Collectors

    Characteristics of Injustice Collectors:
    1.) Injustice Collectors are convinced that they are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It is simple: They are always right.

    2.) Injustice Collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

    3.) Injustice Collectors truly believe that they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others chronically do not hold themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

    4.) Injustice Collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combined legislator, police, and judge and jury of

    5.) Injustice Collectors never worry about what is wrong with themselves as their "bad list" grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

    6.) Injustice Collectors are never upset by the disparity of their rules for others with their own expectations of themselves.

    7.) Injustice Collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

    David and Louise Turpin show all seven characteristics.

    Here are more with 20 characteristics

    Characteristics of Injustice Collectors

    1. Injustice collectors are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It's simple: They are always right.

    2. Injustice collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

    3. Injustice collectors truly believe they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others seem incapable of holding themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

    4. Injustice collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combination of legislator, police, judge and jury to those they consider their subjects. They forever banish from their kingdom any subject they deem disloyal, and only grant clemency if there is sufficient (in their eyes) contrition.

    5. Injustice collectors never worry about what is wrong with them as their "bad" list grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

    6. Injustice collectors are never troubled by the disparity between their rules for others and their own expectations of themselves. Injustice collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

    7. Injustice collectors have an external orientation; the problem always exists in the world, outside of themselves, and in their view, the world would be an acceptable place if their rules and standards were followed at all times.

    8. Injustice collectors do not have a capacity for remorse, empathy or guilt.

    9. Injustice collectors scoff at the idea of therapy, therapists, self-help books, and other tools used by people who struggle to live with them.

    10. The phrase "walking on eggshells" describes life with an injustice collector.

    11. The IC (injustice Collector) will prey upon your weaknesses to frame all issues in their terms.

    12. IC's will always cry foul when you are 'mean' to them and accuse you of being nasty when you are confronting them with their negative behavior.

    13. They are titanically insecure and cannot trust anyone. All relationships they have, even with their own parents and children and trustless and must be reinforced by subordination over and over.

    14. They can only strengthen relationships through imprisoning their mates and banning behaviors and other relationships. Friends and family are a huge threat to the IC.

    15. They must repetitively revisit situations where you service them, give in to them and agree with them. They will over time shrink your world to a small plot of empty activities that only they like. They are terrified of travel, meeting new people, understanding new concepts and paroling you from any punishment they have previously 'convicted' you of.

    16. They do not care about you at all, they care about aggrandizing themselves with you as an assistant producer.

    17. They will occasionally do something for you, but if you are not completely brainwashed, it will be a negative experience for you in the end. Example is throwing you a birthday party. I guarantee you will not have fun at your own party.

    18. They will force you to choose between them and other things you like or love. The more you choose them, the more they will make you choose them over and over. They do not understand the concept of loyalty at all.

    19. Hypocrisy is their modus operandi for debating and arguing with you. Everything they say about you is true about them. (aka Projection) It makes it so you try to 'win' fights by getting them to agree with you, which they never can because their whole position is false.

    20. Your life will disappear into their lives. Your hopes and dreams will fade, even in your own mind. You will eat what they want, you will watch what they want on TV, you will vacation where they want, or not at all.

    David and Louise Turpin show all twenty characteristics.

    Injustice collectors are often very controlling as they are paranoid. They are prone to extreme anger and in some cases extreme violence.

    Injustice collectors are usually seen in mass killers and terrorists like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden. There are many abusers who are considered injustice collectors like Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, Eliza Baker, Kayla Narey, and Theresa Knorr.

    This what I think. I am sure we will hear more about them.

    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Southern Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunned View Post
    I cringe every time I see them described that way.
    No worries. This “thing” was bothering too many of us, so we discussed this last night and decided on “Survivor 1, 2, 3, etc” with Tricia’s blessing. There is a photo on this thread and on the media thread with each of these dear survivors photoshopped with this designation by AnaPisces. Here it is again.

    Attached Images Attached Images

    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Here is the cropped photo where she looks pregnant to me. Since she has had multiple pregnancies she may look further along than she actually is. I think this coincides with the 2013 Vegas renewal. She is wearing a different dress than the other times and her hair looks the same as this picture in length and color. If this is from the end of 2013, then it would not be the youngest child.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    The frozen tundra, US
    Both have 12 counts of torture

    Both have 12 counts of false imprisonment

    She has 11 counts of child endangerment and he has 6

    She has 6 willful harm to a child and he has 5

    Both have 7 harm/cruelty to a dependent adult

    He has 1 lewd act.

    Did I count these right? Please check my work.

    DT charges: http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/...kno=201801856P
    LT charges:

    ETA to add links from Kizzykat

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Ohio, USA
    (first post)
    Just wanted to chime in on a few issues here. I am a parent and a grandparent and I come from a large family so the extended family is very large. I can’t even begin to imagine treating any one of them in such a horrific way.

    I think there are definite signs that the abuse/neglect began way back. The fact that Fantastic #1 went to school in the same dirty clothes every day is a red flag. And several facts supplied by the sister remembering her visit around that time were also troublesome – very little family time, to begin with. The kids had to stay in their room. And the control of LT was there as well, as evidenced when the child couldn’t even eat what was on the table in front of them without first getting visible permission from LT. None of these alone is proof of anything, but the signs are there nonetheless.

    As for the relatives, I can understand them wanting to take care of them. I would accept any of my family members with open arms and be there for them if they needed it. However, in this case, I don’t think that’s wise, for several reasons. To begin with, the siblings (I will call them “the siblings” or “The 13” rather than kids) need a greater degree of separation from DT/LT than immediate family can provide. They need time – a LOT of time – to heal, and some scars will never heal. That is part of what is disheartening about this – there is some damage that will be forever with them, I believe. It will take a lot of time for them to really see and believe and understand that THIS WAS NOT THEIR FAULT – not an easy road to recovery.

    Apart from that, however, we know that families can sometimes push each other’s buttons. And I fear that under the surface (if not spoken outright) some extended family will resent them for breaking apart the family and besmirching the family name, and I am afraid it would come out in ways both subtle and not so subtle. Perhaps especially so against Fantastic (and Brave) #8 who brought it all to the light of day. They don’t need that.

    Also I wonder if there will be ramifications or charges relating to the possibility that they registered as a home school but very little to no actual schooling was going on, at least with regard to required subjects.

    Regarding the Dr. Seuss pictures, personally I don’t believe it was touched up, but I could be wrong. When you have that many people in a picture, hands, arms, elbows, etc. get thrust in every direction.

    That’s enough for now, although there is so much more…

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I totally agree with you. I even saw on here that there were some trying to justify or explain why there could be things such as chained children or chained and locked everything. The way it is stated implies doubt, to me.
    Respectfully, the defense attorneys are not going to waltz into the courtroom, throw their hands up and declare their clients guilty, they are going to put on a defense, and in a high profile case, it's going to be a doozie.

    The jury will ultimately decide based on facts, circumstantial evidence, the Prosecution's alleged motive, and a theory by the accused's defense team.

    Are we not curious what the defense will use to try and "justify" the actions that are detailed in the DA's charges, and what will not be considered evidence at all?

    Speaking for myself, presenting possible defense scenarios, in an effort to anticipate what the Turpin's attorneys may interject to possibly cause reasonable "doubt", is hardly justifying child abuse.

    As a matter of fact, I share (eerily) much in common with these survivors and I can assure you there is no justification in my mind or heart for any form of child abuse. I have spent most of my life searching for a good excuse because my abuser died before I could find the courage to ask him why, and the other parent has offered little. I have found only one halfway justified excuse, the 1999 case of Betty Topper. Brain damage.

    I have been on this forum for many years and have never so much as hinted at my story because I am a very private person and, IMO, it has no place on another victim's thread. I only now mention it because I would ask people to please consider this before harshly judging someone's words and/or intent...they might be victims too.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Someone was asking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

    Observation...the young man all the way to the right looks painfully thin, while the older girls, all the way to the left look normal. Makes me wonder if the abuse was targeted to certain children.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    This article says that only the oldest daughter, now 29 was not home-schooled. She attended Kindergarten through Third Grade at a public school in Texas:


    Read another article that said the oldest daughter knew how to drive.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    La la land
    Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    For example; If a child is found to be in a home with drug abuse, and the family is falling apart, then yes, they take those kids. That is not deliberate abuse most times. It is the result of addiction. The families work with CPS, have visits, have a plan and caseworker, to attempt to get their lives on track, to get their child(ren) back. Not all addicts can do so though.

    In the case of grandchild's adopted brother, he'd had no attention at all, and at five, was not toilet trained, and watched his one parent murder the other. Never would that situation be repaired. The young lady who stayed with us was sexually molested from around five to 13, by her father. No attempt to put that family back together. As a result though, she went through mulitple foster homes, had children, very young, but was not able to maintain. Male "parent" got five years, yet damaged her for life. Each case is extremely different. There is no cookie cutter plan for each family. CPS won't hardly take kids over 13, out of a home, unless it is just extremely dangerous (needles, violence directed toward the child, etc.). They've made it that long, there's few fosters for teens, and they'll be out of foster care at 18, with little options. Hardly anyone adopts a 14 y/o.
    This is a good,example of how CPS does not swoop in and remove children. Good to,see that it operates the same way in your state. Providing services for the family.

    These things are expensive and there is not enough money for it to be done well. I wonder why people are so happy to spend money on prisons but do not want to soend the funds on things that would help people

  13. #13
    rsd1200's Avatar
    rsd1200 is offline I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I do not understand the cleaning, The fire department can burn it down. Who could even live in such a place after. Ugh
    It was a decent little place. After it was cleaned out, it was structurally sound, so, some Clorox, a fresh coat of paint, some new linoleum, and carpet, and it was fine. The waste was due to their water being cut off so mostly contained to the bathroom. They'd gotten on drugs and couldn't pay their bills and didn't want to tell anyone. But a lot of folks around here without a large income need little affordable places. It was a lot better after we cleaned up, than some places listed for rent, as ready-to- move-in, when the kids were looking for rentals.

    "When someone wrongs us, we want the maximum amount of punishment.
    But when we do wrong, we want the maximum amount of understanding and forgiveness.”
    - Unknown

    (Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2¢.)

    Keyboard is possessed. Please excuse missing letters.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Here's an article exploring education law across various states and the potential to prevent or enable abusive situations like the Turpins.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepierre View Post
    I don't believe any homeschooling was done.
    The oldest attended school from K-grade 3 and IMO, had no more schooling after that.
    The "graduation" photo is just that-a photo.
    A photo to keep up appearances.
    This article looks kinda generically at what leads parents to abuse/neglect children in the way that the Turpin children were. http://time.com/5109959/turpin-paren...ldren-torture/

    The experts that they quote tend to look at two categorical situations. One has to do with drug/alcohol abuse, which does not appear to be the case for this family. The other has to do with mental/emotional impairments (for lack of a better term) that relate to either delusion or paranoia (or I suppose both). Without offering excuses, I think it is helpful to look through different lenses in order to understand the internal logic of what was going on. Just as each of the victims had point of view or logic that prevented them from simply walking out or calling on authorities or neighbors for rescue, so the parents must also have been operating based on some internal logic. If one's delusional belief system suggests that great wisdom comes to those having large families under their control (just making this up for the sake of illustration), then one might zealously pursue that situation way beyond the point at which normal folks would recognize that things had gone too far. Similarly if one carried a great fear of one's children one day being able to overpower their parents and do dire things, then one might go way beyond normal kinds of behavior restraints, discipline and teaching in search of being able to feel safe.

    All of this for me is just prelude to being able to fit in these pictures of family outings and graduations, birthdays and the like. While we suppose the parents to be monsters getting some kind of thrill from isolating, restraining and torturing their children, it is my guess that within their internal logic (and perhaps even some or all of the children) they were simply responding to what they saw as real dangers. This is what paranoia and delusion do. I would imagine that their "condition" also escalated over time so that the oldest children likely received a greater attempt at education--including a celebration of graduating. It would also appear as though Mom (I'm guessing Mom) got some kind of joy/thrill from dressing her flock up and parading them around some places that she apparently liked to visit. This was possibly even an obsession, and it must have required not only a big cash outlay at regular intervals, but also planning, purchasing all those matching outfits, scheduling the Vegas chapel and so forth. In short, I don't think it was about providing cover for the rest of what was going on. I think it was part of her whole head game.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1105
    Last Post: 01-24-2018, 06:58 PM
  2. Replies: 1187
    Last Post: 01-23-2018, 02:46 AM
  3. Replies: 1080
    Last Post: 01-21-2018, 02:30 PM
  4. Replies: 1175
    Last Post: 01-19-2018, 11:23 PM
  5. Replies: 1083
    Last Post: 01-17-2018, 09:49 AM

Tags for this Thread