837 users online (184 members and 653 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
    I've lost two significant others to heroin overdose.
    One left a suicide note.
    The other one died in my home while I was gone for days. I found the body.
    No note that time.
    I just want to say that the addict does self-blame and hate what they are doing. They will often go to any lengths to end their pain. The OD I found had been dead a couple of days. And had also been clean for a very long time.
    There is "fire" heroin in the neighborhood that is killing a large number of people, The addict is obviously suicidal when they hear this news and make sure to score from the dealer who has this batch.
    NB could have run in a gas station restroom or anywhere very quickly and injected while out with the killer. They are very skilled at being quick and sneaky.
    You don't have to think that if he says she didn't use drugs in his presence that she didn't find a way to do it without him knowing.
    Just so very sad all the way around.
    It tore my life apart even though I've never even seen heroin.
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
    One left a suicide note.
    No note that time.
    I just want to say that the addict does self-blame and hate what they are doing. They will often go to any lengths to end their pain. The OD I found had been dead a couple of days. And had also been clean for a very long time.
    There is "fire" heroin in the neighborhood that is killing a large number of people, The addict is obviously suicidal when they hear this news and make sure to score from the dealer who has this batch.
    NB could have run in a gas station restroom or anywhere very quickly and injected while out with the killer. They are very skilled at being quick and sneaky.
    You don't have to think that if he says she didn't use drugs in his presence that she didn't find a way to do it without him knowing.
    jmo
    Sorry about what you encountered. I lost my brother to a heroin OD last spring. He had been a user for 15 years, so I saw firsthand addict behavior and the like. I agree that addicts use quickly and bathrooms are prime locations. One thing about strong batches--some addicts are seeking higher highs and not necessarily suicidal. I don't think NB was suicidal but she was an active addict. I think she was unlucky to come across the perp but also had a tendency to befriend (and date) dangerous men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids dad died of a cocaine overdose.
    I'll never again understand how addicts justify their behavior as being victimless (I, too, said that and I've now been clean 21 years). Everything you said is spot on. So much pain all around and encompassing addiction

One left a suicide note.
    No note that time.
    jmo

And I'm so sorry for everyone's pain and loss

Yes we've been hurt. We've lost pieces of ourselves. We've lost people we dearly loved and can never get back.
    We've been through survivor's guilt, played the situations over and over in our minds.
    We're still here trying to make it day by day.
    NB isn't waking up today, but we know she's not in pain.
    Much love to all survivors and to all who suffer.

eta:maybe NB left her phone behind in a final way of leaving the truth behind. The texts, the emails. Maybe in her state of mind she just forgot it, but being that she was actively using again, it could have been her own unique form of a final reveal of the truth. Of her desire to leave this world. Her own note from beyond.
    jmo
    Last edited by chihuahua; 02-18-2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: just a thought

Just to add, I'm in no way calling this other than the cold-blooded murder it was. No matter what NB's state of mind was that day it is absolutely horrific. If someone is feeling down or like hurting themselves we are called to help them not hurt them.jmo

eta:maybe NB left her phone behind in a final way of leaving the truth behind. The texts, the emails. Maybe in her state of mind she just forgot it, but being that she was actively using again, it could have been her own unique form of a final reveal of the truth. Of her desire to leave this world. Her own note from beyond.
    jmo
    This may be true. Or the perp may have made her leave it behind to reduce the chance of it being tracked. They found her body in the woods quite quickly via what seemed to be a total fluke? Had that not happened, she may have been missing for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the FB discussion groups (in conjunction with a close family member) raised money for Alycia so that she could go visit home for her and NB's birthday this year. A video was posted of Alycia receiving the surprise, and it hit me hard. She is so sweet and so tiny.

"Beware the Ides of March!"

Quote Originally Posted by theides View Post
    One of the FB discussion groups (in conjunction with a close family member) raised money for Alycia so that she could go visit home for her and NB's birthday this year. A video was posted of Alycia receiving the surprise, and it hit me hard. She is so sweet and so tiny.
    Same here. And when she spoke, her voice is what I assume NB’s sounded like. It was really eye opening

Quote Originally Posted by blondieee View Post
    In order to have a legal assisted suicide in Colorado, you have to be diagnosed with a terminal illness, have six months left to live, and have two doctors sign off to indicate that you are both terminally ill and mentally/psychologically capable of making this choice. There is a multi-week waiting period for the drug, then, you have to mix and drink the medication yourself. Even if it can be proven that JL killed NB at her own request while she was dying of a lethal dose of heroin, this still qualifies as a crime rather than a physician-assisted suicide.

There are so many rules set in place around assisted suicide partially for this reason. If it weren't this way, murderers would be able to make this argument and get away with their crimes.
    Agree but they were kids and make will make decisions based on little information.

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27