Stranger spanks crying toddler while in grocery store check-out line

Ibiz

Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.
Reaction score
"That's how we deal with kids in Mexico," said Martinez, directly after spanking Morris's child.

Martinez was charged with battery, disorderly conduct, and obstruction of officers. He was also placed on the store's Criminal Trespass Log due to the incident.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/02...oddler-while-in-grocery-store-check-out-line/

While they're at it I hope they check his status here in the US. Jmo

This just makes me so angry. I have a 1 yo and a 3 yo and I would be absolutely livid if someone dared lay hands on my babies. Someone who would hurt a strangers child like that in public seems pretty unstable and potentially dangerous to others as well.

This makes me very angry, too...but I do have to say, how did this happen on "Bursary 6th"???? Edit, edit, edit please, journalists!

Lol, I thought I was reading an article from the U.K. and bursary 6th was a street. Then I looked to see where the article was from when Mexico was mentioned. LOL. .... still laughing.

to be honest parents need to be accountable and teach thier children how to act out in public.

So you justify a stranger battering a strange child in public because YOU think more parents just need to teach their children how to act in public? It was a two year old baby! I think you are the one with the problem here. Anyone who justifies people beating babies is messed up.

You also clearly know nothing about child development or developmentally appropriate behavior.

So you justify a stranger battering a strange child in public because YOU think more parents just need to teach their children how to act in public? It was a two year old baby! I think you are the one with the problem here. Anyone who justifies people beating babies is messed up.

You also clearly know nothing about child development or developmentally appropriate behavior.
I'm not justifing the situation at All. no one should put thier hands on anybody. I'm just saying being an older person myself and coming from a differ generation the parent she control thier own children

There is absolutely NO justification or argument for touching another person’s child! Please explain how one is to control the emotions of a 2 year old? They were in the process of leaving the store anyway. It isn’t as if the child was running amok or causing any damage to the store or anyone at all. If one is so sensitive to the sounds other people make maybe they should look into grocery delivery services.

Maybe older generations should look into some of the research that has been done over the last several decades before they judge parents of young children.

“Spanking erodes developmental growth in children and decreases a child's IQ, a recent Canadian study(link is external) shows.

This analysis, conducted at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario in Ottawa, offers new evidence that corporal punishment causes cognitive impairment and long-term developmental difficulties.”
How Spanking Harms the Brain

“The more children are spanked, the more likely they are to defy their parents and to experience increased anti-social behavior, aggression, mental health problems and cognitive difficulties, according to a new meta-analysis of 50 years of research on spanking by experts at The University of Texas at Austin and the University of Michigan.

The study, published in this month’s Journal of Family Psychology, looks at five decades of research involving over 160,000 children....

“Our analysis focuses on what most Americans would recognize as spanking and not on potentially abusive behaviors,” says Elizabeth Gershoff””

Risks of Harm from Spanking Confirmed by Analysis of Five Decades of Research

I am so glad that didn't happen to my grand baby, by a nutty stranger. If so, my son would probably be arrested for felony assault on the stranger.

I'm an older person,and would have my claws out and kicking his butt if it was my children or grandchildren . No matter its OK in their counrty. You don't touch a child if they're not yours. And I'm not a violent person.

I may have missed something but the article doesn't even say the little boy was crying. Just the headline. Not that it matters, the man should not have touched the child. Without more information, it's hard to know if the father even had time to correct any issue with behavior, if in fact, there was any.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back