HI HI - Honolulu, WhtFem 460UFHI, 55-65, homeless, in Ala Moana Park, May'04

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1][url]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/460ufhi.html[/size][/font][/url]

Unidentified Living White Female

* The victim was discovered on May 4, 2004 in Ala Moana Park, Honolulu, Hawaii

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 55 - 65 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"-5'7"; 112 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White, grey and brown hair; hazel eyes.
* Medical Conditions: She has schizophrenia.
* Dentals: she has no teeth or dentures.
* Fingerprints: Available.

Case History
The woman was located in Ala Moana Park, Honolulu, on May 4, 2004.
This unidentified woman is a homeless individual who was living in Ala Moana Park. She was in need of medical attention and could not walk because of lack of strength. She was admitted into a state hospital where she is currently receiving treatment. She is unable to care for herself. She is schizophrenic. She is described as being very "proper" and having an "English-Canadian" like accent. She refers to herself as "Ah", with the sound being the "a" as in the pronunciation of the word "agreement". Based on investigative conversations with local social service organizations, she has probably been in Hawaii for the last 6-8 years.
She is an avid reader. She is a smoker.

Note at the National Center for Missing Adults she's described as 70-80
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200401620S

http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/stewart_alice.html

Alice Jewell Stewart

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: March 2000 from Merritt Island, Florida
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date Of Birth: August 23, 1923
# Age: 76 years old
# Height and Weight: 5'0; 90 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Gray hair; hazel eyes. Stewart has surgical scars on her left elbow, her left hip and on her abdomen. She wears eyeglasses. Stewart has difficulty walking and occasionally uses a wheelchair for mobility. Her nickname is "Joy."
# Medical Conditions: Stewart is in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's Disease. She no longer speaks audibly as a result of her condition and requires continuous medical care.

Details of Disappearance
Stewart was last seen at her residence in the 1000 block of Outrigger Drive in Merritt Island, Florida sometime during March 2000. She has never been heard from again. Stewart's son had been awarded temporary caregiver rights to his mother at the time of her disappearance. He has refused to divulge her whereabouts to authorities. Investigators believe it is possible that Stewart wandered away from her home in a disoriented state. She was reported as a missing person in May 2000, two months after she was last seen.

Possible match?

Almost everything fits the estimates except the height. I'm wondering if the height for Alice is listed incorrectly? Especially since they likely got the information from her son....

I see a difference on the eyes, Alice Stewart's eye's appear "heavy lidded" and the unknown doesn't. But who knows what changes would occur after 6 or more years of being homeless. Also, I don't know how she would have managed to get from Fla. to Hawaii. But the stories are similiar enough, a similiarity in the noses, shape of the face. The last pic here really looks like her: http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/stewart_alice.html
I say tip it and get it checked out.

I'm really debating on this one Mysteriew as I find only one of the pictures looks strongly like her... the other two photos of Alice look like a different person.

My guess, if this is Alice, is her son took her to Hawaii and left her there. He was in charge of her care and won't tell LE where his mother is.

I did try to find an email address and struck out for Hawaii. I tried Crime Stoppers in Brevard County and they don't have an email. I did find a "general" email address for the Sheriff in Brevard County that I might use... but I'm still not sure.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/newton_pan.html

Pan lee Newton Missing since 1983 from CA.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/460ufhi.html

Unidentified amnesia victim, HI.

The age is right, Pan lee more than likely had a "behavior disorder" and the UID has schizophrenia. Pan Lee also had reason to get away from the area she was in, since she was more than likely involved in criminal activity, and it said the the UID had been in the area for awhile. Then look at the long, long face that both of these woman have, and look at the ears.
I thought this one was very strong. I submitted it a while ago and haven't heard back yet, but I thought that it should have a thread that is has been submitted.

The age isn't really that close. Newton would be within six months of her 75th birthday and the UID is estimated to be between 55 and 65. We're looking at a 10 year difference from her suspected age and Newton's.

Nonetheless, I think this was a good one to submit. The two women obviously have a lot in common as far as appearance goes. The shape of the two women's noses is what immediately caught my attention. Both are quite unique and they seem pretty darn close, at least to my eyes.

They very well could be the same person, and I look forward to hearing the outcome of this.

Have you heard anything back on this one? I see a lot of similarities between the two women.

The age for Jane Doe is the age she was when she was found, right? Pan Newton was born in June 1934, which would have made her one month shy of her 70th birthday in May 2004 when JD was found. If the upper age limit for JD was 65 (IMHO it's hard to guess her age from her photo because her teeth are missing) that's only a five year age discrepancy.

Wow. I am no expert, both those 2 sure look like the same person to me!

And even though another poster stated there was like a 10 year difference.....considering how this woman may have lived, she may have aged quicker than most.

Wow, I actually minimized one and put them side by side and it was astonishing. good work

I may have to put off the phone calls, as I am experiencing the wonders of strep throat. But once I get better, I am going to see if this ever went anywhere, at the moment, all I can make is a froggy noise, so bear with me.

I may have to put off the phone calls, as I am experiencing the wonders of strep throat. But once I get better, I am going to see if this ever went anywhere, at the moment, all I can make is a froggy noise, so bear with me.

Thank you for your hard work. Get better soon. :frog:

Maz :crazy:

I think this is a very possible match as well! Look at the height/weight, and the bone structure in the face (cheeks and chin.) This will be interesting to see if it's the same person!

Updating link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/460ufhi.html
460UFHI.jpg
460UFHI1.jpg

I'm not sure if Alice Jewell Stewart is still missing or not but IMO the UIL is not her.
If she was in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's Disease and could no longer speak audibly and care for herself in 2000 it is unlikely that she'd become a very proper and avid reader with an English-Canadian accent after 4 years of homelessness.

Edit, yes Alice Stewart is still missing according to http://www.nampn.org/cases/stewart_alice.html

Also, UIL is listed as 5'5"-5'7 and Alice Stewart as 5'0"

Charlotte Moriarty was submitted several years ago, but was she ever ruled out being Ah by LE? There's the hazel/blue eyes difference, but still..

Missing Person Case

519DFHI - Charlotte Marcella Moriarty
519DFHI - Charlotte Marcella Moriarty
CMoriarty.jpg

Name: Charlotte Marcella Moriarty
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 21, 1977
Location Last Seen: Hauula, Hawaii County, Hawaii

Physical Description
Date of Birth: August 2, 1945
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs. to 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Char; Marcella Charlotte Moriarty
Distinguishing Marks/Features: scar on chin, scar on leg, pierced ears, chipped upper left incisor

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Possibly wearing a turquoise wedding band
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
According to reports, Charlotte had taken her son, Marx Moriarty, for a walk in his stroller. The stroller was found at approximately 1:00pm at the Haaula bus stop at 54-295 Kamehameha Hwy. Mark Barnes, then-boyfriend of Ms. Moriarty and father of Marx, filed a missing persons report on July 10, 1977, more than two weeks after he found the stroller. In the report, he explained to police that Moriarty had gone missing on several prior occasions, but she had always returned home, and he thought this incident was just another similar episode. They had been together for about two years.

Marx Moriarty was found 35 years later in New Jersey living as Steve Carter, having been adopted by a couple at the age of 4. He got curious when he discovered his birth certificate was created when he was a year old, and did some investigating on the NCMEC web site. That's where he saw a composite image that looked just like him for Marx Moriarty. A DNA test confirmed his identity in October 2011.

Back in 1977, Charlotte and Marx had been discovered in an Oahu woman's home. Police were called, and Charlotte made up new names (Jane Amey and Tenzin Amey) and a new birth date for her son. Charlotte was taken to a psychiatric hospital while Marx went into protective care. A few days later, Charlotte left the hospital against the advice of medical staff, leaving Marx a ward of the state. He was placed in an orphanage and adopted by the Carters three years later.

Charlotte is still missing. She was once married to Donald Bell Monnheimer (listed as Marcella Moriarty). Their marriage is recorded both in Cuyahoga County, Ohio and Hancock, West Virginia for the year 1967. They had one child together, Jennifer.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Honolulu Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: (808) 529-3064
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: F50056

NCIC Case Number: M-741876289
NamUs Case Number: 595

Information Source(s)
NamUs
People
ABCNews (4/28/12)