Age now: 74
Race: White female
Hair color: Red/Auburn

Eyes Color: Hazel
Height: 67.0
Weight: 130.0
Scars and Marks:
Arthritis caused right index finer to be curved
Clothes: Last seen wearing white blouse, blue jean shorts; Sandals; Several silver rings; Prescription sunglasses

No photos disponible

Brenda Sue Lefler was last seen in Greenacres, Florida on May 2, 1974

From http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/19...ings-investigators-and-family-custody-matters (dated 1986);

"For the family of Brenda Sue Lefler, 31, of Greenacres City, it`s a long, emotional wait. Lefler was last seen on May 2, 1974. She left a note saying she was running off with her boyfriend but left behind her purse, clothes, credit cards and insulin needed to treat her diabetes. Investigators and family think she probably was murdered, the victim of a love triangle.
``I believe she was kidnapped and then killed. I don`t believe she is alive today. She couldn`t be,`` said her oldest daughter, Lou Ann Lefler, 20, a junior at Florida Atlantic University."

I suspect Brenda Sue Lefler was born Brenda Sue Blanchette, as Ancestry has a marriage record from October 1962 in Florida (when she would have been 19) to Samuel Kenneth Lefler in Palm Beach.They also have a high school yearbook photo of 'Sue Blanchette' at Lake Worth High School in 1960. Greenacres and Lake Worth are both in Palm Beach County. Samuel Lefler seems to have been born in 1942 also in Palm Beach, so they were a local teenage marriage. Samuel and Brenda divorced in February 1974, 3 months before she disappeared. He remarried a year later in May 1975 and still lives in Lake Worth. When Brenda Sue's mother, Marcella Bennett, died in 2005 it quoted " [FONT=&quot]She was also preceded in death by her only child, Brenda Sue “Suzie” Blanchette Lefler. " So the family believe she died.
[/FONT]

From http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/19...ings-investigators-and-family-custody-matters (dated 1986);

"For the family of Brenda Sue Lefler, 31, of Greenacres City, it`s a long, emotional wait. Lefler was last seen on May 2, 1974. She left a note saying she was running off with her boyfriend but left behind her purse, clothes, credit cards and insulin needed to treat her diabetes. Investigators and family think she probably was murdered, the victim of a love triangle.
``I believe she was kidnapped and then killed. I don`t believe she is alive today. She couldn`t be,`` said her oldest daughter, Lou Ann Lefler, 20, a junior at Florida Atlantic University."

I suspect Brenda Sue Lefler was born Brenda Sue Blanchette, as Ancestry has a marriage record from October 1962 in Florida (when she would have been 19) to Samuel Kenneth Lefler in Palm Beach.They also have a high school yearbook photo of 'Sue Blanchette' at Lake Worth High School in 1960. Greenacres and Lake Worth are both in Palm Beach County. Samuel Lefler seems to have been born in 1942 also in Palm Beach, so they were a local teenage marriage. Samuel and Brenda divorced in February 1974, 3 months before she disappeared. He remarried a year later in May 1975 and still lives in Lake Worth. When Brenda Sue's mother, Marcella Bennett, died in 2005 it quoted " [FONT=&amp]She was also preceded in death by her only child, Brenda Sue “Suzie” Blanchette Lefler. " So the family believe she died.
[/FONT]

Guessing this is probably her in the 1960 Lake Worth High School yearbook. She would have been a sophomore.

attachment.php

Attachments

• LeflerBrendaSue.jpg
    LeflerBrendaSue.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 344

I assume this is referring to Timothy Lee Lampkin, who was divorced in Palm Beach in 1983. That being the case you would have thought the divorce records and former wife would be a starting point for a search for him. Of course, the divorce may have been for abandonment if he had disappeared. There are Timothy Lee Lampkins living in Tennessee and Arkansas (and with ages within the margin of error for online address sites), but whether these have any connection with the man sought I do not know.

It is unclear from the clipping what, if any, relationship there is between the Leffler case and the Lampkin disappearance which happened nearly 10 years later. It may simply be that poor editing by the newspaper has made it appear that two separate disappearances are related.

Last edited:
I assume this is referring to Timothy Lee Lampkin, who was divorced in Palm Beach in 1983. That being the case you would have thought the divorce records and former wife would be a starting point for a search for him. Of course, the divorce may have been for abandonment if he had disappeared. There are Timothy Lee Lampkins living in Tennessee and Arkansas (and with ages within the margin of error for online address sites), but whether these have any connection with the man sought I do not know.

It is unclear from the clipping what, if any, relationship there is between the Leffler case and the Lampkin disappearance which happened nearly 10 years later. It may simply be that poor editing by the newspaper has made it appear that two separate disappearances are related.
Yeah, the whole article was poorly worded. I had to read it a few times to understand what was being talked about. But as far as I can tell they’re two separate, unrelated cases. The link actually allowed me to view the full article, I guess it’s one that’s not hidden behind a paid subscription.

Tapatalk has posted a People Magazine article about the Lady of the Dunes which mentions an unnamed candidate from Florida that had an initial positive ID test followed by an inconclusive and had an exact dental record match except for one tooth. I'm pretty sure this is Brenda Sue Lefler. She has already been mentioned somewhere online as a possible candidate (Naptime Nancy...). See image in Post #3.

MAF740726 "Lady in the Dunes"

Yeah, the whole article was poorly worded. I had to read it a few times to understand what was being talked about. But as far as I can tell they’re two separate, unrelated cases. The link actually allowed me to view the full article, I guess it’s one that’s not hidden behind a paid subscription.

BBM

A subscriber clipped the article and, when that happens, non-subscribers are allowed to read the full page.

I am confused about TL's age. Was he 24 in 1986, 1983 or in 1974?

MOO JMO

The clipping in #2 above raises one obvious question. If the family and LE suspect she was killed due to a love triangle, did that triangle involve her husband and new partner or was it with two unrelated (and unnamed) people? If the former the suspect is obvious. If the latter presumably the comment means that LE and family know the identity of the others involved.

I think there is no connection between Lefler and Lampkin. Probably just a poorly worded article as @MadMcGoo previously said. And, if so, who was BSL's boyfriend then?

Here is the full article: MYSTERY SHROUDS MISSING DISAPPEARANCES OF 101 UNSOLVED

MOO JMO

BBM

A subscriber clipped the article and, when that happens, non-subscribers are allowed to read the full page.

I am confused about TL's age. Was he 24 in 1986, 1983 or in 1974?

MOO JMO

Reported my own post. After reading the full (poorly worded) article, i am sure that there is no connection between TL and BSL. My question became irrelevant.

MOO JMO

Brenda Sue was divorce from her husband on February 6, 1974 and she disappeared May 2 of the same year. The husband remarried in 1976 according to the obituary.

Samuel Kenneth Lefler
in the Florida, U.S., Divorce Index, 1927-2001

Spouse's Name: Brenda
Divorce Date: 6 Feb 1974
Divorce Place: Palm Beach, Florida, USA
Certificate Number: 008000
Source: Ancestry

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online