College/University fat-shaming sex game called "Pig Roast/Hogging"

fred&edna

Reaction score
"The contestants — all pledges of Cornell’s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity — called their secret, fat-shaming sex game the “pig roast.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...with-overweight-women/?utm_term=.87ae5ae5d384

http://cornellsun.com/2018/02/02/co...warded-points-for-sex-university-report-says/

“Behavior that degrades and dehumanizes women contributes to a climate and culture of tolerance for sexual violence,” Lombardi said.

A University of Alabama sociology professor explains a game played by college men, often referred to as "hogging."

Dr. Prohaska shared with ABC 33/40 what she learned during her study of the game between 2004 and 2011.

"According to UA Associate Professor of Sociology Dr. Ariane Prohaska who has studied the “game,” the goal is to achieve a sense masculinity through sexual predation."

http://abc3340.com/news/local/hogging

ETA: With 68 men (in movie/theatre/political world) accused of sexual misconduct... maybe this "news" about pig roasting/hogging isn't really new at all... just an offshoot of what's been going on for years???

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/10/us/men-accused-sexual-misconduct-weinstein.html

"The contestants — all pledges of Cornell’s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity — called their secret, fat-shaming sex game the “pig roast.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...with-overweight-women/?utm_term=.87ae5ae5d384

http://cornellsun.com/2018/02/02/co...warded-points-for-sex-university-report-says/

“Behavior that degrades and dehumanizes women contributes to a climate and culture of tolerance for sexual violence,” Lombardi said.

A University of Alabama sociology professor explains a game played by college men, often referred to as "hogging."

Dr. Prohaska shared with ABC 33/40 what she learned during her study of the game between 2004 and 2011.

"According to UA Associate Professor of Sociology Dr. Ariane Prohaska who has studied the “game,” the goal is to achieve a sense masculinity through sexual predation."

ETA: With 68 men (in movie/theatre/political world) accused of sexual misconduct... maybe this "news" about pig roasting/hogging isn't really new at all... just an offshoot of what's been going on for years???

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/10/us/men-accused-sexual-misconduct-weinstein.html

What the hell is going on in the world?

So basically these men, once again, get away with their behaviour.

What should happen is that any student identified as being involved in this behaviour should be sent down, ie permanently expelled and their records marked with the reason for that.

Until they personally start to suffer real consequences for their actions these cases will keep cropping up.

So Dr. Prohaska studied this game between 2004 and 2011, but the university leadership wasn't advised until 2017? Sigh.

So Dr. Prohaska studied this game between 2004 and 2011, but the university leadership wasn't advised until 2017? Sigh.

I think my original post was a bit confusing as it included two different reports (at two different schools) about the same/similar topic... one occurring at Cornell 2017, and the other about research done by Dr Prohaska at the University of Alabama.

Personal opinion here:

Participation in these “contests” was not a criminal act (i.e. rape/sexual assault), but it was degrading and dehumanizing behavior. While Cornell seemed to take a strong verbal stance against the contest the actual punishment was little more than telling a 2 year old "naughty, naughty".

This mentality seems to be prevalent in our society and it appears these attitudes will continue into the future (as these young men will be part of that future). We never learn nor seem to improve... it's creeping misogyny.

There was a case all over the news a few months ago here in Europe. I am not posting the link as I feel that girl has gone through a lot already -many of her pictures have been circulated around- but you can google it if you wish, it was on most British newspapers and websites.

The boy was from the Netherlands and he wrote to this British girl for months online until she decided to go visit him. He, after having sex, confessed it was a bet with his friends about who would get the fattest one and proceed to announce on social media he had won the bet with humiliating comments etc. Last time I read about the case an investigation had been launched in the Netherlands and there was the possibility he could face charges.

Sickening.

I think my original post was a bit confusing as it included two different reports (at two different schools) about the same/similar topic... one occurring at Cornell 2017, and the other about research done by Dr Prohaska at the University of Alabama.

Personal opinion here:

Participation in these “contests” was not a criminal act (i.e. rape/sexual assault), but it was degrading and dehumanizing behavior. While Cornell seemed to take a strong verbal stance against the contest the actual punishment was little more than telling a 2 year old "naughty, naughty".

This mentality seems to be prevalent in our society and it appears these attitudes will continue into the future (as these young men will be part of that future). We never learn nor seem to improve... it's creeping misogyny.

Uh, what exactly did they do to deserve a punishment? They slept with over sized girls that were willing to let them have a one night stand. It was a contest, not a great idea for sure but now this is something that gets into morality. We may not like it, we may not agree with it, but in the end these college aged guys picked up and seduced college age women. I am certain they (the women) didn't know it was a contest but in the end they were looking for a one night stand or at least were offering an opportunity for it, and at what point do we say there is some personal responsibility the girls should share?
News flash, this is not an isolated incident. This game or versions of it have been around for years, decades even. It's not uncommon, not even close but in the end what law or what rules were broken? I have a sneaking suspicion several at websleuths have been unwitting participants in such a game. That's how common it is.
So here is a question, what is the difference between a group of guys competing to have sex with the biggest girl and guys competing to hav sex with the prettiest hottest girl? The latter happens every night of every week of every year in every state in every country in the world. Sure the girls in this case feel like they were used, and they were but in the end the girls wanted sex, the guys wanted sex and both got what they wanted. The girls were driven by desire and the guys by a game.

This is only a new revelation to people that did not go to college, did not participate in a frat or sport, or if they did that particular college frat or sport didn't do that. Rest assured, someone on that campus was though

So basically these men, once again, get away with their behaviour.

What should happen is that any student identified as being involved in this behaviour should be sent down, ie permanently expelled and their records marked with the reason for that.

Until they personally start to suffer real consequences for their actions these cases will keep cropping up.

This is going to be as unpopular as my last post. Why on earth would you suggest this? Why should someone have their record marred by this? Or get expelled? If you are going to do that then the maybe the females get branded as easy? Get expelled for being loose? Do you realize these are not long term deception games? These are one night stands on the girls part and a one night stand/game on the boys. The motivation for both are sex. The boys just want to get laid and bigger girls are easier to seduce because they don't get the attention other girls do. Its about the numbers. Again, if a girl doesn't want to be involved in these shenanigans, don't attend college parties with athletes or fraternities and don't have one night stands. Value yourself more than that, if you don't, no one else will. Now the guy in Ireland should have his *advertiser censored* kicked because that was a long term deception.

Uh, what exactly did they do to deserve a punishment? They slept with over sized girls that were willing to let them have a one night stand. It was a contest, not a great idea for sure but now this is something that gets into morality. We may not like it, we may not agree with it, but in the end these college aged guys picked up and seduced college age women. I am certain they (the women) didn't know it was a contest but in the end they were looking for a one night stand or at least were offering an opportunity for it, and at what point do we say there is some personal responsibility the girls should share?
News flash, this is not an isolated incident. This game or versions of it have been around for years, decades even. It's not uncommon, not even close but in the end what law or what rules were broken? I have a sneaking suspicion several at websleuths have been unwitting participants in such a game. That's how common it is.
So here is a question, what is the difference between a group of guys competing to have sex with the biggest girl and guys competing to hav sex with the prettiest hottest girl? The latter happens every night of every week of every year in every state in every country in the world. Sure the girls in this case feel like they were used, and they were but in the end the girls wanted sex, the guys wanted sex and both got what they wanted. The girls were driven by desire and the guys by a game.

This is only a new revelation to people that did not go to college, did not participate in a frat or sport, or if they did that particular college frat or sport didn't do that. Rest assured, someone on that campus was though

Sexual conquest deception isn’t new. I wasn’t a victim during my years at college. ‘Maybe it’s because I was lucky or maybe it’s because I wasn’t “targeted” based on appearance. The Cornell victims were targeted. We do not know if the victims agreed to “one night stands”, we do not know what types of deception the fraternity contest members used. But we do know the Cornell ZBT fraternity violated a code of conduct per the review board (see link below). While the deception isn’t new, the level to which male-bonding is achieved has been (and continues) sinking to new lows… and extends beyond the school campus.

https://hazing.cornell.edu/violations/2016-17-academic-year

Sexual conquest deception isn’t new. I wasn’t a victim during my years at college. ‘Maybe it’s because I was lucky or maybe it’s because I wasn’t “targeted” based on appearance. The Cornell victims were targeted. We do not know if the victims agreed to “one night stands”, we do not know what types of deception the fraternity contest members used. But we do know the Cornell ZBT fraternity violated a code of conduct per the review board (see link below). While the deception isn’t new, the level to which male-bonding is achieved has been (and continues) sinking to new lows… and extends beyond the school campus.

This is not hazing. To say these guys were Hazing is a stretch. Targeting? Every night a single guy goes out he is targeting. Yes of course they agreed to one night stand or else there would be some laws violated and arrests made. It's an unfortunate occurrence at school but it happens to those willing to sleep with people they barely know. If a person ever had a one night stand at college they could be deemed as targeted too. This is nothing more than college kids sleeping with other college kids for purpose of having sex. What did the winner get? See that anywhere? It was no big prize I assure you, just bragging rights. If you lost so what, if you win so what.
Back to targeting, do these young women get special protection cause they are on the hefty side compared to smaller girls? My point here is that smaller girls, good looking girls are targeted nightly. If this was a rat race, a contest on just the overall number of girls slept with in a week or month would it be better or different than "hogging"? And I am not 100% sure that there was any deception going on at all. You don't necessarily need to deceive someone to get her them in bed.

This is not hazing. To say these guys were Hazing is a stretch. Targeting? Every night a single guy goes out he is targeting. Yes of course they agreed to one night stand or else there would be some laws violated and arrests made. It's an unfortunate occurrence at school but it happens to those willing to sleep with people they barely know. If a person ever had a one night stand at college they could be deemed as targeted too. This is nothing more than college kids sleeping with other college kids for purpose of having sex. What did the winner get? See that anywhere? It was no big prize I assure you, just bragging rights. If you lost so what, if you win so what.
Back to targeting, do these young women get special protection cause they are on the hefty side compared to smaller girls? My point here is that smaller girls, good looking girls are targeted nightly. If this was a rat race, a contest on just the overall number of girls slept with in a week or month would it be better or different than "hogging"? And I am not 100% sure that there was any deception going on at all. You don't necessarily need to deceive someone to get her them in bed.

BBM

Did you just overlook the information in the link I provided? The review board found the fraternity committed TWO violations... hazing AND sexually abusive behavior.

I am quite certain there are many, many people who agree with your opinions on this issue - I'm just not one of them.

BBM

Did you just overlook the information in the link I provided? The review board found the fraternity committed TWO violations... hazing AND sexually abusive behavior.

I am quite certain there are many, many people who agree with your opinions on this issue - I'm just not one of them.

hmmmm.. are they considering deception as "sexually abusive behaviour"? So if you lie to another person as part of your courting to have sex with them, that is now considered sexual abuse? wowzers... that's gonna be a problem for a lot of people. Male & Female.

hmmmm.. are they considering deception as "sexually abusive behaviour"? So if you lie to another person as part of your courting to have sex with them, that is now considered sexual abuse? wowzers... that's gonna be a problem for a lot of people. Male & Female.

This wasn't "courting" (imo)

Here are the details:

The rules were simple: Would-be brothers allegedly earned points for having sex with overweight women. If there was a tie at the end, the victory went to whoever had slept with the heaviest woman. New members were told not to inform the women about the contest, according to a university report."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...with-overweight-women/?utm_term=.6136bba3388f

Here are the violations:

The University’s Fraternity and Sorority Review Board determined that the chapter was in violation of the University’s Fraternity and Sorority Recognition Policy – Section E. 17 (b.): Will not implement or tolerate hazing, as defined by the Campus Code of Conduct, in any form, at any time. The Board also found the chapter in violation of Cornell’s Fraternity and Sorority Expectations of Membership, section 11: The fraternity or sorority will not tolerate or condone any form of sexually abusive behavior on the part of its members, whether physical, mental, or emotional. This is to include any actions, which are demeaning to any person or persons including but not limited to sexual assault or verbal harassment. Culpability is not diminished for acts in violation of this Code that are committed in ignorance of the Code or under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or improper use of controlled substances.

And, I'll (again) add this comment:

Ryan Lombardi, Cornell’s vice president for student and campus life, called the game “abhorrent,” according to the Daily Sun, Cornell’s student newspaper.

“Behavior that degrades and dehumanizes women contributes to a climate and culture of tolerance for sexual violence,” he said.

(imo) I do not/cannot see how this could be possibly be associated with so-called "courting".

I am aware of deception associated with dating, courting and sex. I didn't live a sheltered, ignorant life... and (like many other women in the world) I encountered a few misogynistic males in my dating history. This is the same basic mentality, but violations I've mentioned above are not "courting". Fraternities just love to promote male bonding but they should not promote this by secretly deceiving/demeaning females... of any size, shape, color, etc etc etc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back