Looking for Rock Star Sleuths

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

We are looking for sleuths who are "rock stars" meaning they know how to sleuth like nobody's business.

If you feel you are an excellant sleuth do not be shy. This is for a possible TV show.

I need your name and a picture ASAP. Please mail to websleuthstv@gmail.com ASAP.

All information will be kept strictly confidential.

Thanks,
Tricia

Hey Everyone,

We are looking for sleuths who are "rock stars" meaning they know how to sleuth like nobody's business.

If you feel you are an excellant sleuth do not be shy. This is for a possible TV show.

I need your name and a picture ASAP. Please mail to websleuthstv@gmail.com ASAP.

Thanks,
Tricia
Good luck. I aint no expert.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,
Tricia
Why do you need a photo?

Unsure of where to post this lengthy article about sleuthing, but it has many references to sk Robert Black as well as mentioning Websleuths, Todd Matthews and "Brain Scratch's" John Lordan.
1 Jun 2020
We're 'armchair detectives' investigating grim cold cases from our own homes
''POURING himself a coffee, Chris Clark prepares for another long night of trawling through old newspaper clippings for clues about grisly murders and violent kidnappings.

But Chris isn't a police officer - he's a self-confessed 'armchair detective' who has dedicated his life to solving missing persons cases, hunt killers and investigate decades-old mysteries from the comfort of his own home.''

Chris Clark spends hours pouring through research to help police solve cold casesCredit: Chris Clark
''And he's not alone. There are now streams of online pages, forums and chat rooms dedicated to those wanting to solve cold cases around the world - from Facebook groups through to huge forums like Websleuths, which has built up hundreds of thousands of members.''

"Tips for armchair detectives
While there's no set rules when it comes to investigating a cold case, amateur sleuth John Lordan has a rough plan he usually sticks to when making his videos.

He says: “Initially I’ll do a media review, going through everything that’s publicly available.

"If there’s any type of police material or statements that have been released, I’ll include all of them too. I’ll usually start without any direct contact with family, before hearing from them.

"People may initially be upset and ask why I didn’t reach out first to ask them about it, but I’ve found information from the family can be the most biased yet."

Todd Matthews agrees and suggests the first step should always be to look through old newspaper articles, gathering all the public information you can together.

Meanwhile, according to an online Jack The Ripper tour guide, a few simple tips to stick to include paying attention to small details, distancing yourself if you become too invested in the research - as that may cloud your judgement - and being adaptable, catering your research to each individual case rather than following one uniform method.''

If it barks like a dog and chases you out my yard, it’s probably a dog!!! But no, it’s my attack duck that learned to bark from my lab. Pics on profile, but only a professional amateur

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back