Found Deceased SD - David Courtney, 40, Yankton, 4 Jan 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
David was last seen leaving the Broadway Inn hotel on his cell phone heading north through the parking lot.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/42134/1/
ab2bbd63cb0046940a4f675e1a9f6e71.jpg

Where was he “fresh out” of in Yankton? Was he in jail there or had he been in the state mental institution there? I live in South Dakot and haven’t heard anything on this case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what was meant by that comment. I wondered too! Maybe he was "fresh out" of something (eventhough he denied that fact)?Because it sure seems like everyone was concerned about him staying on the straight and narrow in his FB comments.

looking through the friends list on his facebook page, I am guessing that he maybe be from West Virginia or that area, I found a couple things there but not sure that it is him. If what I found was him, he may have been in the federal prison

looking through the friends list on his facebook page, I am guessing that he maybe be from West Virginia or that area, I found a couple things there but not sure that it is him. If what I found was him, he may have been in the federal prison
Your on the right track....his family is still there and have been looking for him.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

There is a Federal prison in Yankton, SD. Could have done his time there.

David is my brother in law well ex brother in law still my brother as far as I'm concerned and his family is very worried about him. Regardless of one's past or history he is a son a father a grandfather brother and friend to many who love him and deserves to be searched for as hard as they would look for a church going man law man or any human being.the family is so far away and this is the most helpless feeling ever.

David is my brother in law well ex brother in law still my brother as far as I'm concerned and his family is very worried about him. Regardless of one's past or history he is a son a father a grandfather brother and friend to many who love him and deserves to be searched for as hard as they would look for a church going man law man or any human being.the family is so far away and this is the most helpless feeling ever.

Welcome to Websleuths Scaredsister....I am so very sorry for the reason that prompted you to join. You are absolutely correct...a person's past does not mean mean they don't deserve to be searched for and found. WebSleuths (WS) is a victim friendly site dedicated to helping find missing persons. Unfortunately, sometimes the past of the missing person can be the reason behind why they are missing, and thus must be one of the puzzle pieces when looking for a missing person.

Here is a link to a forum within WS that provides helpful information for family of missing persons. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?550-Missing-Persons-Resources

I am praying that you find David very soon....

Hi sister- Welcome. Did a camera outside the hotel show David leaving? If so, was there another person there too? And one last question? Had he moved to SD?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Welcone scaredsister! I can see from posts that I am not allowed to link here due to TOS that David is loved and wanted found by many.

Information from his past may help find David. Rumor was his hotel room was broken into at one time and because of cameras they knew who who did it. I hope LE has spoken to this person.

Unidentified body found in Yankton:

YANKTON, S.D. (AP) — An autopsy on the body of a man found in downtown Yankton should help determine a cause of death.

That autopsy is planned for Tuesday. Yankton Police Chief Brian Paulsen tells the Press & Dakotan the body was discovered about 2 p.m. Monday between two buildings. It's believed the body had been there for an extended period of time, although police were not specific.

Authorities believe they know the identity of the man, but aren't naming him until his family is notified.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...les/2018-04-03/body-found-in-downtown-yankton

:(

Between two buildings in downtown and not found for "an extended period of time"? So very sad for whoever this person is and their family.

YANKTON, S.D. (KSFY) - Authorities have identified the man whose body was found in Yankton earlier this week.

Police said 39-year-old David Courtney died of positional asphyxiation, according to an autopsy conducted on Wednesday.
Foul play is not suspected.

Police discovered the body around 2 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of 3rd Street and said the body "had been at this location for an extended period."
The Yankton Fire Department assisted in extricating the body from the location.

RIP David

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back