Peter Hofstrom Has Died

tezi

Proud member of WS since 2000.
Reaction score
Alex Hunter's second in command at the time JBR was murdered has died. Some of you may remember his famous, "We can't ransom the body," remark. He was also the ADA that handed over police investigative reports and let them see other evidence such as the garrotte BEFORE the Ramseys would agree to be interviewed four months after JBR was murdered. He also had Patsy do a handwriting sample at his dining room table.

He also rubbed Fleet and Priscilla White the wrong way by lecturing them about his time spend at San Quintin as a guard.

Here is the link to his obituary.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timescall/obituary.aspx?n=peter-hofstrom&pid=188023980

Alex Hunter's second in command at the time JBR was murdered has died. Some of you may remember his famous, "We can't ransom the body," remark. He was also the ADA that handed over police investigative reports and let them see other evidence such as the garrotte BEFORE the Ramseys would agree to be interviewed four months after JBR was murdered. He also had Patsy do a handwriting sample at his dining room table.

He also rubbed Fleet and Priscilla White the wrong way by lecturing them about his time spend at San Quintin as a guard.

Here is the link to his obituary.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timescall/obituary.aspx?n=peter-hofstrom&pid=188023980

God forgive me, but I'm not shedding any tears for him, for all the reasons you described and a few you didn't. For what he did in this case, I don't envy him when he stands before The Man.

God forgive me, but I'm not shedding any tears for him, for all the reasons you described and a few you didn't. For what he did in this case, I don't envy him when he stands before The Man.

Sad to hear, another witness leaves us, RIP.

I'll bet his passing sends shivers up JR's spine.

The disappearance of Madeleine McCann has slipped down the news agenda, she vanished from her bed in 2007. Stories used to be headliners, latest about investigation funding requests has passed almost without comment.

IMO - I believe Pete Hofstrom was the number 1 person who helped the Ramseys get away with murder.

He was a friend of the Ramseys from church. He opened the door for all manner of conspiracies and collaboration from giving Pam Paugh a law enforcement jacket to impersonate police as she removed evidence from the crime scene to leaking the Grand Jury results without knowing what Alex Hunters actions were to be. Alex Hunter was in Hawaii when Jonbenet died, it was Pete who was in charge.

If he knew of the ongoing abuse and what happened in the Ramsey family is doubtful but nonetheless he's the reason Jonbenet has no justice. Alex Hunter wasn't smart enough to pull it off.

That makes two of us who are not going to shed any tears for Mr. Hofstrom either. He could have helped LE to get the info they needed, such as the missing cell phone records. He could have been a hero in case for for for a little girl JBR, but no, he decided to take the Ramsey' side in all of this, and the case still is unresolved today.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_31614432/longtime-boulder-da-pete-hofstrom-dies

'The soul of the office': Longtime Boulder DA Pete Hofstrom dies

01/23/2018

"I think when you look throughout the nation you see some prosecutors and DA's offices that only look for a conviction," Smith said. "I think the Boulder DA's Office has always looked for justice and worked with police agencies. I think Pete embodied that philosophy and that culture."

Added Miller: "People appreciated what he did, even if they were up against him. He wanted to see the right outcome. Sometimes that means you get a conviction, sometimes it means you offer a resolution that maybe others would not have."

"He was open to people being rehabilitated," he said. "He wanted them to succeed. It goes hand in hand with the fact that he was an incredibly keen mind, not only with the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law.

"That's the culture he embedded into that office."

That makes two of us who are not going to shed any tears for Mr. Hofstrom either. He could have helped LE to get the info they needed, such as the missing cell phone records. He could have been a hero in case for for for a little girl JBR, but no, he decided to take the Ramsey' side in all of this, and the case still is unresolved today.

I hold him personally responsible for this case being in the lousy shape it's in. He's not alone in that regard, not by a damn sight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back