LA - Emily Rodgers, 19, murdered, Maurepas, 3 Feb 2018 *Arrests*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Livingston Parish Sheriff accuses 35-year-old John Cowart of slaying 19-year-old Emily Rodgers. Rodgers was reported missing Friday night, and deputies found her body near Maurepas, Louisiana, Tuesday afternoon. Foul play was immediately suspected due to conflicting stories from "those close to the investigation."

Both 29-year-old Derek Williford and 33-year-old Justin Scivique are accused of concealing information about the crime

The motive for the killing is unknown, but authorities expect to learn more from an autopsy.

https://www.livingstonparishnews.co...cle_ee6b8010-113d-11e8-a1ac-6758f6746d7e.html
http://www.kalb.com/content/news/Missing-Louisiana-teens-body-found-3-arrested-474061543.html

This was actually my niece. I just received a phone call from my father telling me she was murdered. I wasn't around much but was there when she was born and as a child/toddler. She was the good one out of her side of the family. Never expected something like this to happen. Her sister and mother are some of the worst people I have met. Her sister is currently in the hospital in critical condition for an infection from shooting up (heroin)

This was actually my niece. I just received a phone call from my father telling me she was murdered. I wasn't around much but was there when she was born and as a child/toddler. She was the good one out of her side of the family. Never expected something like this to happen. Her sister and mother are some of the worst people I have met. Her sister is currently in the hospital in critical condition for an infection from shooting up (heroin)

My most sincere condolences for the death of your niece :( RIP Emily.

Condolences for the untimely loss of your niece. It's extra sad to hear that she was the bright light of the family. I hope that justice is served, though I know that's cold comfort.

16085100_G.jpg

Cowart was booked into the Livingston Parish Detention Center on charges of second degree murder and obstruction of justice. His bond is set at $150,000, but probation and parole has placed a detainer on him.

Scivicque is charged with principal to second degree murder. His bond is set at $150,000.

Williford is facing charges of accessory after the fact to second degree murder and obstruction of justice. His bond is set at $200,000.

The three men appear to know each other

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/37499747/3-arrested-after-body-of-19-year-old-woman-found-in-maurepas

Autopsy scheduled for the morning of Thursday, February 15th 2018 reported that she suffered blunt force trauma. Detectives are still trying to piece everything together. Her father and sister stated on statuses looking for her that she had left her phone (wiped clean), wolfdog Sky (she never leaves without her), and all of her clothes. With this in mind, she was most likely forced out of her house, and someone tried to cut any ties to themselves if they had contacted her prior through any form on her cell phone. She initially disappeared on the night of February 3rd 2018, and someone had told her sister that she was "safe." No word on why anyone believed this initially without worrying even the slightest, but I personally think her roommate needs to be looked at. They must have been at the house when it happened, and they could have been the ones to wipe her phone. Just my thoughts from my observations. May she rest in peace even before she receives her Justice. God knows her poor soul deserves it.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_92663576-1278-11e8-a4cf-e7aa98349b44.html

attachment.php

Cowart was booked into the Livingston Parish Detention Center on charges of second degree murder and obstruction of justice. His bond is set at $150,000, but probation and parole has placed a detainer on him.

Scivicque is charged with principal to second degree murder. His bond is set at $150,000.

Williford is facing charges of accessory after the fact to second degree murder and obstruction of justice. His bond is set at $200,000.

The three men appear to know each other

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/37499747/3-arrested-after-body-of-19-year-old-woman-found-in-maurepas

It's 300k now. Cowart, if and when he gets out will need to be careful. As long as I or my father are alive. I miss her dearly. I feel like there is more I could have done to help her. Sadly she had called my father asking for $100 cause she needed help but her lowlife sister and mother had burnt all resources so he couldn't help her. The next day she was dead. We have speculation her sister needed the money so she couldn't get it so they killed her. It's just speculation though.

My condolences to you and your family.

I'm sorry to say, but word around Maurepas is that it was a sexual killing as Rodgers didn't want to have sex with Cowart. That in and of itself doesn't make me rule out her sister because she may have very well offered her sister in exchange for money. I have aleast heard about how she has prostituted herself for drug money, and I wouldn't be surprised she would try to pay her own debts by using her sister. My theory is that the roommate and the sister both need to be looked at. Her father stated her phone was wiped, but why wouldn't anyone do that without needing to hide something?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back