FL FL - Orange Co, WhtMale, 40-60, Bone Graft on Jaw, Containers of Glass, Sep 2016

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
ME/C Case Number: 2016-001450
Orange County, Florida
40 to 60 year old White Male

Adult pre-70
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Height: 69, Estimated

Probably year of death: 2012-2014

Body Condition: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Circumstances: Skeletal remains were found near a transient camp located in a wooded area near the Turnpike and E Osceola Parkway.

Distinctive features as described below:
Evidence of bone graft taken from hip bone and used on lower jaw repair

Evidence of osteoarthritis in spine, two antemortem rib fractures, mandibular fractures

Surgical screws present in mandible, along with evidence of surgical repair and bone graft. Graft(s) appears to have come from hip bone(s).

Clothing and accessories are described below:
Multiple long-sleeved shirts sized 2XL and 3XL. Pants were gym/track style, sized XL

Decedent had multiple containers of broken pieces of glass that he appeared to collect

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/16837

To expand on the broken glass bit, per a detective, with the remains were "several hospital type socks with broken glass in them". He believes it was some type of obsession.

Two ideas here. My first thought was that it was some kind of self-mutilation to show someone that "I've been walking on broken glass". Gardener also suggested on another thread that the broken glass could possibly be reconstructed to form an entire object.

I had another thought that perhaps the socks with glass in them were to use as weapons, depending on how sturdy the socks were... I have heard of putting rocks or baseballs in socks to use in that way. If he was homeless maybe he was using it for protection. :thinking:

I think the key to finding a match will be the jaw graft though. Maybe look for missing with previous jaw fractures?

Well... ?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/41317/

Can't really find any cases closer than this.

Great find! I think you should submit Harold Pack. Besides the broken jaw-- Age is within range. Height is right range. His weight of 255-260 means he would be a bigger guy and the UID was wearing XL, 2XL and 3 XL sizes. And time frame of going missing in 2012 works with the estimated year of death as well. He went missing with a car listed so he easily could have driven to Florida. It says the initial Inquiry for DNA is underway so they probably won't be able to rule him out right away, but maybe if you submit it will speed up getting the DNA collected.

Consider it done. I'm going to message the user from the other thread who has a direct line of communication with the detectives on this case.

Message sent to GigTu, who has been in contact with the Kissimmee detectives.

Per GigTu's recommendation, I've also submitted the possible match via Doe Network. The county where Harold Pack disappeared from appears to have lost much of its original population (only 33k estimated residents in 2016) so hopefully the West Virginia detectives will have more time to devote to the case at the moment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back