Age - 29

Race - White

Sex - Female

Hair Color - Strawberry Blonde

Eye Color - Blue

Height - 60 - 64

Weight -
80 - 90

Medical Details - Smoked cigarettes at the time of her disappearance, had previously given birth to two children

Clothing - Last seen wearing blue jeans and a tan-coloured raincoat with a fur lining in it.

Circumstances - The missing person was last seen when she left her home during the early hours of morning in an apparent hurry, as she left behind her cigarettes, lighter and purse, which contained her wallet and credit cards. Her car was found locked and abandoned a week later on California Avenue near the McKee's Rock Bridge, and no signs of foul play were evident. Since her disappearance, her family have had no contact with her, and she has not made any bank withdrawals.

*This article has a photograph attached to it, but there is no photograph on her Namus profile.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/146188967/?terms=sally+white,+missing

Articles/Pictures have been added to NAMUS:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/42224/

Details of Disappearance
White was last seen in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on January 21, 1987. She lived with her two sons in a first-floor duplex in the 60 block of Sheridan Avenue in Bellevue, Pennsylvania. She apparently left home sometime before 6:00 a.m., without taking her wallet, purse, credit cards, cigarette or lighter, leaving her two young sons asleep.

Investigators stated it looked like she had left in a hurry, and she may have been going to meet someone. She never returned and has never been heard from again. On February 1, her car was found locked and abandoned in the 3000 block of California Avenue, near the McKees Rocks Bridge. There were no indications of foul play.

White's husband was killed in a car accident a few years before she went missing, and her neighbors said she kept to herself. She worked as a cleaner at various local stores. According to witnesses, White was very despondent at the time of her disappearance. She hasn't withdrawn any money from her bank account since she went missing. Her case remains unsolved.

Sally J. White – The Charley Project

Sally White was ruled out as being Shot Gun Jane Doe last week. I submitted the possible match two weeks ago and they didn't waste any time. Bellevue police that are handling Sally's disappearance actually emailed me back and told me they were talking with authorities in charge of the Shot Gun Jane Doe case. I would love to know what happened to Sally.

Sally White was ruled out as being Shot Gun Jane Doe last week. I submitted the possible match two weeks ago and they didn't waste any time. Bellevue police that are handling Sally's disappearance actually emailed me back and told me they were talking with authorities in charge of the Shot Gun Jane Doe case. I would love to know what happened to Sally.
Oh wow they worked quickly on that! That really is great that they are actually stil working dillegently on her case!

I don't know how to do a side by side but here is the recon and Sally's photo. I think the actual post mortem looks like her more.

I wish there were more photos of Sally and in color too.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.PNG
    IMG_2775.PNG
    553.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2774.PNG
    IMG_2774.PNG
    517.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Bumping for Sally

Attachments

• BAB8E31B-9945-4FEB-ADE8-A20894467CEF.jpeg
    BAB8E31B-9945-4FEB-ADE8-A20894467CEF.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
How awful for those 2 children, that their father was killed - and then they woke up one morning to find their mother was missing and has never returned......

Does anyone know whether Sally's deceased husband's first name was Jerry, Gerald or something similar? Is there a way to find out Sally's maiden name or the initials of their children? I've done a basic internet search for an obituary but that led nowhere. :confused: I'm trying to determine whether Sally could be a match for a Jane Doe in Jersey City. There's quite a large discrepancy in weight (Sally: 80 - 90 pounds; JD: 120 lbs, Estimated). The 6-hour distance b/w locations leaves me doubtful as well. Jane Doe's race is unknown. Everything else in their physical descriptions matches up (i.e., age, hair, height). I ask about names because JD had two tattoos that are described on her NamUs profile as: (BBM)

The number "35" tattooed on inner lower leg (unknown which leg). Left inner ankle has a tattoo with the letters "S E" below which is "&" and below that is the name "Jerry".

I'm by no means confident that this is a potential match (probably a 5 on a scale of 1-10), but I'd like to put my mind at ease by checking out their names/initials. JD's WS thread is linked below. TIA for any help or ideas you have. :)

NJ - NJ - Jersey City, West St, UnsFem 27-37, UP16990, clothes, anklets, tatts 'SE & Jerry', '35', Sep'87

Visually, she looks a lot like this Jane Doe. Distinctive long narrow face. The Jane Doe was found with a 'possibly' Chevrolet key, but as far as I can tell the keys for both a Buick and Chevrolet were labelled GM? The car was found near a bridge though..... Height and eye color are off, but that's common, and the Doe was in the Texas sun in a creek for 2 weeks so...
1684912049731.png

Name - Sally J White

Last Seen - 01/21/1987

Missing From - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Age - 29

Race - White

Sex - Female

Hair Color - Strawberry Blonde

Eye Color - Blue

Height - 60 - 64

Weight - 80 - 90

Medical Details - Smoked cigarettes at the time of her disappearance, had previously given birth to two children

Clothing - Last seen wearing blue jeans and a tan-coloured raincoat with a fur lining in it.

Circumstances - The missing person was last seen when she left her home during the early hours of morning in an apparent hurry, as she left behind her cigarettes, lighter and purse, which contained her wallet and credit cards. Her car was found locked and abandoned a week later on California Avenue near the McKee's Rock Bridge, and no signs of foul play were evident. Since her disappearance, her family have had no contact with her, and she has not made any bank withdrawals.

*This article has a photograph attached to it, but there is no photograph on her Namus profile.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/146188967/?terms=sally+white,+missing
I personally knew Sally and her family. I’m very close with her oldest Son. If there are any questions that I can answer to help find her. Please let me know. Finding her is very important to me.

Hi What was Sally’s husband’s name? Was she from Texas? Praying for her case to be solved!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back