Race - White

Sex - Female

Hair Color - Grey

Eye Color - Brown

Height - 63

Weight - 110

Medical Details - Wore glasses.

Clothing - N/A

Circumstances - The last confirmed sighting of the missing person was by a friend at a bar in Tracy. On the same day, an auctioneer arrived at her house to examine some belongings, and was informed by her husband that she had travelled to Minneapolis–Saint Paul for arthritis treatment. Between the dates of October 6th and October 31st, the husband gave numerous explanations for her whereabouts, including that she was actually on a pleasure trip to Minneapolis–Saint Paul, that she had gone to California or Wisconsin for medical treatment, that she was visiting a cousin in Wisconsin and that she had gone on holidays to California, where he planned to join her later in the year. The last explanation was refuted by a close friend, as the missing person had stated to her that she had no interest in visiting California. In the time frame that it took for the husband to report her missing, she missed the both her own birthday and the birthday of the aforementioned friend. He later retracted all these statements, and stated that he had heard a noise downstairs early on the morning she vanished, and that he had awoken to find all the doors unlocked, and no trace of his wife.

The husband of the missing person had previously indicted in the murder of another wife, but was acquitted by a jury. Authorities later located bloodstains on Larson's coat and in the downstairs kitchen, but due to amendments at the time, a no-body conviction was unattainable. Numerous searches have been made to ascertain her whereabouts, but despite extensive inspections of parts of southwestern Minnesota (including Lake Shetek), she has not been located.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/42004/

I'm not optimistic she is alive. You would think her husband could have kept his story straight. When a person changes their story that many times, either he's the killer, or he's covering for someone he cares about.

Name - Leona Jean Larson

Last Seen - 10/06/1980

Missing From - Tracy, Minnesota

Age - 61

Race - White

Sex - Female

Hair Color - Grey

Eye Color - Brown

Height - 63

Weight - 110

Medical Details - Wore glasses.

Clothing - N/A

Circumstances - The last confirmed sighting of the missing person was by a friend at a bar in Tracy. On the same day, an auctioneer arrived at her house to examine some belongings, and was informed by her husband that she had travelled to Minneapolis–Saint Paul for arthritis treatment. Between the dates of October 6th and October 31st, the husband gave numerous explanations for her whereabouts, including that she was actually on a pleasure trip to Minneapolis–Saint Paul, that she had gone to California or Wisconsin for medical treatment, that she was visiting a cousin in Wisconsin and that she had gone on holidays to California, where he planned to join her later in the year. The last explanation was refuted by a close friend, as the missing person had stated to her that she had no interest in visiting California. In the time frame that it took for the husband to report her missing, she missed the both her own birthday and the birthday of the aforementioned friend. He later retracted all these statements, and stated that he had heard a noise downstairs early on the morning she vanished, and that he had awoken to find all the doors unlocked, and no trace of his wife.

The husband of the missing person had previously indicted in the murder of another wife, but was acquitted by a jury. Authorities later located bloodstains on Larson's coat and in the downstairs kitchen, but due to amendments at the time, a no-body conviction was unattainable. Numerous searches have been made to ascertain her whereabouts, but despite extensive inspections of parts of southwestern Minnesota (including Lake Shetek), she has not been located.
Hello
I was told by a relation that a book was published on this case. I just ordered the book and I’m very interested to read it once it shows up. I lived in the home of Clarence Larson (Killer Larson)
I remember the day he had an outdoor auction. I believe it was in 1995. My mother who I am disconnected from by choice still owns that house and she lives in still to this day. I remember the day she purchased the house. I was with her and I met Clarence Larson when he handed the keys to the house. That was the last time I ever saw him. He left a lot of stuff behind. Many stories to tell about living in that house. I would gladly tell you anything about what was left in the house and the details and stories of living in that house.

Hello
I was told by a relation that a book was published on this case. I just ordered the book and I’m very interested to read it once it shows up. I lived in the home of Clarence Larson (Killer Larson)
I remember the day he had an outdoor auction. I believe it was in 1995. My mother who I am disconnected from by choice still owns that house and she lives in still to this day. I remember the day she purchased the house. I was with her and I met Clarence Larson when he handed the keys to the house. That was the last time I ever saw him. He left a lot of stuff behind. Many stories to tell about living in that house. I would gladly tell you anything about what was left in the house and the details and stories of living in that house.
Welcome GT3 and thanks for the post. Very interesting indeed! I would like to read the book. Please share your stories about the house and Clarence. Would love to hear about it. You can message me directly or post here. Thanks

The Daily Globe, Worthington, Minn.

Minnesota man was found not guilty of murdering his first wife; his second wife later disappeared​

Kari Lucin, The Daily Globe, Worthington, Minn.
October 19, 2021

• larson_leona.jpg
Larson, circa 1980
  • Missing Since 10/06/1980
  • Missing From Tracy, Minnesota
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 61 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Gray hair, brown eyes. Larson's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

Larson was last seen in Tracy, Minnesota on October 6, 1980. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency​

• Tracy Police Department 507-629-5534

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 29, 2018; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back