Identified! AR - Cross Co., Newborn twins found in purple suitcase, Feb'18

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
WYNNE, Arkansas (AP) - Authorities say the bodies of two newborn babies who appear to be twins have been found in a suitcase along a road in northeast Arkansas.

The Cross County sheriff's office says the bodies were discovered Friday afternoon in a purple suitcase, which was on a ditch bank along a county road.

Officials say the investigation is ongoing and they are asking the public for any information regarding the identity of the infants or a suspect.
http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Bod...n-suitcase-along-Arkansas-road-474344843.html

:tears::rose::rose: Why Why Why??? There are so many people who would have loved to give these babies a loving home.

I hate these stories. I hope they didn't suffer. But ugh...there are other options!!

:tears::rose::rose: Why Why Why??? There are so many people who would have loved to give these babies a loving home.

That assumes they were both born alive and viable. I imagine they were, but maybe an autopsy will find otherwise.

I thought I read an article that said the babies were likely premature, and it gave an estimate in the 30's week. I don't remember the extra range it gave. Did I dream that??? Someone knows who was pregnant, and isn't, yet has no baby!!

I cannot believe this...... unbelievably sad.

I cannot believe this...... unbelievably sad.

How could someone be so cruel? If they weren't full term how about going to hospital ,or is this a concealed pregnancy and the person in question was frightened?

I am under the impression that twins often come a month earlier than singletons. If that's true then these babies were only 2-4 weeks less than full term.

I am under the impression that twins often come a month earlier than singletons. If that's true then these babies were only 2-4 weeks less than full term.

Just because they arrive earlier doesn't make them any closer to full term, which is about 37 weeks. The fact that twins usually arrive a month early simply means twins usually do not make it full term. Twins don't grow/develop at a more rapid pace than any other baby in the womb.

For reference, my friend just had twins 6 weeks early, so at 34 weeks. They only spent two weeks in the NICU and she said they "looked huge" compared to the other babies in there. They were each around 5 pounds give or take a few ounces.

Just because they arrive earlier doesn't make them any closer to full term, which is about 37 weeks. The fact that twins usually arrive a month early simply means twins usually do not make it full term. Twins don't grow/develop at a more rapid pace than any other baby in the womb.

I agree. I chose my words poorly. I just meant they were closer to their typical gestation time than a singleton.

[bbm]

I wonder if they were spotted on surveillance. I also wonder if 'several' people were together or if it could be one of several all caught on surveillance at different times. Although I think the purple suitcase would give it away ... whichever person was carrying it.

Bodies of infant twins found in suitcase near Wynne, Ark.

[....]

Deputies said a passerby discovered the bodies inside a purple suitcase on a ditch bank on County Road 602 and alerted authorities who responded at 1:43 p.m.

[....]

Nichols confirmed his office has several persons of interest, but wouldn’t elaborate.

[....]

http://wreg.com/2018/02/16/cross-county-deputies-discover-dead-infant-twins-in-suitcase/

According to the Cross County Sheriff’s Office, the babies were not born full term. The preliminary autopsy results show that they were “32 to 34” weeks along. The Sheriff did not release any information about the race of the babies, but did say that at one of the babies is female.
http://powerfullhelpers.com/2018/02...n-arkansas-ditch-were-born-premature-autopsy/

I'm getting a 404 but 32-34 weeks is viable with medical care [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member