GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
35-year-old Timothy Cunningham of Atlanta's Bolton neighborhood was last seen by coworkers while leaving his workplace, the Centers for Disease Control, in Chamblee, Georgia. The family said he called out sick from work and hasn't been heard from since that day. They said it is unusual for him not to contact them.

16112087_G.jpg
16112088_G.jpg

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...e-search-for-missing-atlanta-man/85-519865321
http://www.wbrc.com/story/37529772/police-searching-for-missing-cdc-employee

ATLANTA, GA — Atlanta Police are asking for the public's help in finding a man who called in sick to his job at the Centers For Disease Control last week and hasn't been heard from since.

Timothy Jerrell Cunningham, 35, was last heard from around 7 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 12. Police say it is unusual for Cunningham to go missing and not contact his family.

Cunningham lives on Harry Brooks Drive in the Riverside neighborhood in northwest Atlanta. According to police he is about 6' tall and weighs about 200 pounds.
https://patch.com/georgia/atlanta/atlanta-police-seeking-missing-cdc-employee

LE and or family should provide description of uniform that Timothy might be wearing when he went missing.

This is my first post ever on web sleuths, though I’ve been following another Atlanta missing persons case (Jenna Van Gelderen) on here for a while. Here is the updated news story on Tim. His family has been inside his house and he isn’t there. His phone, wallet, credit card, and keys were at the house, as was his car. I assume they have called hospitals?
http://www.cbs46.com/story/37529772/police-searching-for-missing-cdc-employee

I wonder if he had access to any sensitive research areas of the CDC. Could someone looking to release a bio-weapon on the public have tried to get his creds or access codes? The latest article says his phone, wallet, credit cards, keys and vehicle were left behind, but what about his work ID/access badge? Maybe I'm super paranoid, but I hope the feds are taking his disappearance seriously and pulling out all the stops to find him. :panic:

I wonder if he had access to any sensitive research areas of the CDC. Could someone looking to release a bio-weapon on the public have tried to get his creds or access codes? The latest article says his phone, wallet, credit cards, keys and vehicle were left behind, but what about his work ID/access badge? Maybe I'm super paranoid, but I hope the feds are taking his disappearance seriously and pulling out all the stops to find him. :panic:

He didn't work on that kind of stuff.

The story is getting a decent amount of local press. He almost certainly drove to work. There is a MARTA bus stop a few blocks from his house, and he could have had cash on him but still, without a wallet or id he couldn't buy a plane ticket or rent a hotel room. If he was really sick he could have called a friend to take him to the hospital...but he certainly would have brought his wallet and keys. Plus I'm sure the hospitals have been checked. Him leaving his wallet, phone and keys at home is really weird. Best guess, some kind of mental health thing? It's hard to see this having a positive outcome.

SUPERBOWL%20_OP_2_CP__1518832735664.jpg_13088977_ver1.0.jpg

ATLANTA — Family and police are continuing their desperate search for a Centers for Disease Control employee not seen in nearly a week.

Authorities confirmed they are searching for Timothy Cunningham of Atlanta's Bolton neighborhood. The 35-year-old is a commander at the CDC and was once named to the Atlanta Business Chronicle's 40 under 40.
Cunningham is a graduate of Morehouse College and was recently promoted to his current position at the CDC.

"He's a scientist, so he has a very methodical mindset and an outgoing personality," family said,

Friends told 11Alive that Cunningham was last seen by coworkers Monday the at the CDC office in Chamblee, Georgia. Friends said he was feeling sick, so he left work early and said he was going to finish his work from home. That was the last time anyone saw him and he hasn't been heard from since that day.

Family said there's a sort of family rule to be in touch with one family member at all times. Usually, that's Cunningham's sister. She said the last time they spoke was Monday, then nothing. To not hear from him for this long, family said, is very out of the ordinary.
"He didn't respond to any calls, and that in itself had us wondering, "Is he OK?'," Cunningham's father questioned.
http://www.wltx.com/article/news/na...c-employee-missing-since-monday/101-520841074

Shaun King posted about this yesterday... Cunningham is a good friend of his from their MH days. I lived near this area in my ATL days... neighborhood is friendly and close to DT. Really hoping they find him soon.

another case that seems like it should have a lot more attention. Wow. Hope he is found safe but this is an another odd case IMO.

Shaun King posted about this yesterday... Cunningham is a good friend of his from their MH days. I lived near this area in my ATL days... neighborhood is friendly and close to DT. Really hoping they find him soon.

Forgive me... I know who Shaun King is but what is MH and DT? Thanks.

ETA: I got the MH now. Morehouse College. Sheesh.

Atlanta Police search for missing CDC employee

ATLANTA - Police said a man working at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention disappeared without a trace leaving behind things his family said he held very dear.

The sudden disappearance of his brother Timothy Cunningham is just surreal, not to mention unbelievably heartbreaking for his parents and two siblings. Anterio Cunningham is convinced his brother wouldn't just walk away from a great job at the CDC, a beautiful home and the dog he so dearly loves.

"My first mind is that something has happened especially considering the length of time he's been gone. Not having his phone, leaving his dog Bo alone, he just wouldn't voluntarily check out like that," Anterio said sitting in his brother's living room Monday.

why isn't this getting more attention? here, there, everywhere? I know the obvious reason but aside from that, why isn't this bigger? Does the family need help getting the word out? I see they are active, but maybe they need more help?

The fact that he called in sick... maybe that needs to be explored. Could it have been someone else calling in purporting to be him? Did he say how he was sick? (i.e., flu, sore back, upset stomach?) Some of the articles use the language"..he reported to be sick" (emphasis on the word reported, leaving room for this not to be true IMO) I imagine that's so because no one can verify that he sick at this point. ETA; Ugh, the BET article linked by JG at post 18 says he was at work and told his bosses he was sick and went home. But this one http://www.atlantaloop.com/atlanta-police-search-for-missing-cdc-employee/ says that he called in sick at 7am. Hmmm...

And leaving his dog, who he seems very bonded with...

I have to believe that either LE knows a lot more, or perhaps his loved ones are holding something back. Was he struggling at all, honestly? With anything or anyone? He just got promoted to head of the US Health Corps. Is this work related?

It's been 10 days.

The media keep calling it the US health corps. But he is a part of the Public Health Service- Usphs.gov - His rank is commander (CDR), but that does not mean he is the head of the agency. He did not work on secret disease type of stuff. You can Google PHS uniforms and see the khaki Uniform he was wearing the day he went home from work. Could somebody have come over to his house, knocked him out and then kidnapped him? Did he go for a stroll and get taken? Could he be a victim of a hate crime? Or could he have left on purpose with the intent of disappearing forever - ie taking his own life? I wonder if any neighbors had doorbell cameras that Saw anything. Or perhaps nearby intersection cameras of the vehicle leaving that street – like a unmarked van or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail