Found Alive CA - Joshua Thiede, 29, Los Angeles, 11 Feb 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Joshua Thiede’s family says his last call was to 9-1-1 on Feb. 12. Thiede, Uber and Lyft driver, was last seen near the 1000 block of Wilshire Boulevard in downtown Los Angeles and was driving a 2014 black Nissan Altima with the license plate number of 7CSD450.

He is described as being about 6 feet tall and weighs about 170 pounds He has brown hair and blue eyes.

attachment.php

http://ktla.com/2018/02/17/lapd-off...are-driver-last-seen-in-downtown-los-angeles/

Last call was to 911?

Would be really interesting/helpful to know the circumstances and reason for THAT call.

http://ktla.com/2018/02/17/lapd-off...are-driver-last-seen-in-downtown-los-angeles/
He was last seen in the area of the 1000 block Wilshire Boulevard. Joshua is missing in the city of Los Angeles, California. He was driving a 2014 black Nissan Altima, 4 Door, California license 7CSD450. His last call was on Monday, February 12 to 9-1-1. According to his sister, Joshua was trying to launch a new organic shoe line. He was driving Uber/Lyft to supplement his income. His roommates and friends are working really hard in Los Angeles in the search for Joshua. And their mom has been running leads. According to his family, it is unlike him to disappear without warning them.Joshua Thiede is a Caucasian male. He is 29 years old. His hair is brown and his eyes are blue. Joshua is described as 6’0″ tall and 170 pounds. It is unknown what Joshua was wearing when he was last seen. Joshua ‘s nickname is Josh.

https://missingadultskids.com/find-missing-joshua-thiede/

He was working on a shoe line.

Uber/Lyft should have a record of any call he was on at the time, shouldn't they? If whatever happened to him involved a passenger there should be a record of that.

I hope Uber/Lyft are helping with the search.
I would think they could give last known location and trip data as well as asking other drivers to be on the lookout for his vehicle.

Uber/Lyft should have a record of any call he was on at the time, shouldn't they? If whatever happened to him involved a passenger there should be a record of that.

Every time I've been in an Uber, they have a cell phone up with a map. So there should be some data recorded by the cell phone company and/or the map provider. I haven't ridden a Lyft but I'm guessing it is very similar.

Top of my head thoughts:

There must be a number of security cameras on/around Wilshire... I suppose LE was unable to track and/or lost his movements beyond this area? And, I wonder if above-ground parking structures have been searched?

Every time I've been in an Uber, they have a cell phone up with a map. So there should be some data recorded by the cell phone company and/or the map provider. I haven't ridden a Lyft but I'm guessing it is very similar.

Was he actually working when he disappeared? Can they track if he wasn't??

Was he actually working when he disappeared? Can they track if he wasn't??

I don't think we know right now. If he wasn't working, then I don't think Uber/Lyft will know where he was, and they can't really provide more information than the cell phone company can.

It almost sounds like the cell was shut off after the 911 call.

the info in the article doesn't specifically say but I'd assume he was working at the time.
google search says the nissan is a popular car to steal..the parts are very expensive.
no time given for the 911 call..was it a hangup?.. night? in that area?..not good.
His mom works in ohio..I wonder how long he's been in los angeles?..
some areas of los angeles are like no go zones especially at night

This is so scary.
The 911 call being made nearly 24 hours AFTER he was last seen is curious.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1784438375195666

Joshua Thiede, age 29, was last seen around 6:14 p.m. PST on Sunday, February 11, 2018 near the 1000 block of Wilshire Blvd. in downtown Los Angeles. He was driving a 2014 black 4-door Nissan Altima with CA plate 7CSD450. The last call on Josh’s phone was to 911 on Monday, February 12th around 4:30 p.m. PST.

378a51079244e2a745dd9d0cba98085e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1784438375195666

Joshua Thiede, age 29, was last seen around 6:14 p.m. PST on Sunday, February 11, 2018 near the 1000 block of Wilshire Blvd. in downtown Los Angeles. He was driving a 2014 black 4-door Nissan Altima with CA plate 7CSD450. The last call on Josh’s phone was to 911 on Monday, February 12th around 4:30 p.m. PST.

378a51079244e2a745dd9d0cba98085e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm

That's an awfully specific time to be last seen. Maybe at an ATM or CCTV footage?

I hope he comes home. He looks like a really nice person. But the 911 call is very concerning. I wonder did he speak to the operator or was the call disconnected/hung up or something? Don't they follow up anyway even if a 911 call disconnects?

bbm

That's an awfully specific time to be last seen. Maybe at an ATM or CCTV footage?

I hope he comes home. He looks like a really nice person. But the 911 call is very concerning. I wonder did he speak to the operator or was the call disconnected/hung up or something? Don't they follow up anyway even if a 911 call disconnects?

maybe that was the time he dropped off his last uber passenger.. that would explain the specificity.
I thought 911 showed the location of a call.. but maybe that's just on hardlines

Local to me. This section of Wilshire is downtown, close to the main public library and right off the 110. At 6:15 p.m., it should have been busy with commuter traffic. It wasn't so late that he would have been carjacked, in my opinion. If he were, there would have been a lot of witnesses and the driver wouldn't have been able to leave the scene quickly due to traffic being backed up. They have to have camera footage of where he went from there. I'd bet my last dollar on it.

Editing: Just realized the date was a Sunday. Downtown would have been much quieter at this time of day. Businesses closed. Library closes at 5:00 p.m. I retract my statement above about witnesses. There may not have been, other than the homeless. That area is dicey at night. Still, they should have his car on camera. It's a central part of the downtown area.

6208b7875d942b660fad0929b407f613.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if he was ubering at the time he went missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back