Wales - Earthquake in Swansea, 4.4 on the Richter Scale

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Earthquake hits Wales: The biggest tremor to strike Britain in ten years shakes Swansea at 4.4 on Richter scale as buildings are evacuated and shaking is felt from Cornwall to Preston

An unusually large earthquake has hit Wales and south-west England. The tremor, which measured 4.4 on the Richter scale, was centered eight miles north-east Swansea in Cwmllynfell.

It is the biggest earthquake to hit the UK in 10 years after a 5.2 quake was recorded in Market Rasen, Lincolnshire on February 27, 2008.

Dyfed-Powys Police said in a statement they are receiving an 'extremely high call volume' reporting some sort of earth tremor in the area.

As well as residents in Newport, Cardiff and Swansea reporting that they were affected by the earthquake, tremors were felt in Bristol and Cornwall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5403557/Earthquake-hits-South-Wales-4-9-Richter-scale.html

Clearly Twitter has been having the usual field day taking the piss.

I imagine there's an awful lot of Taffs suddenly very pleased with their sex lives today.

Glad there are no serious injuries.

I thought this was funny on Twitter

296217F6-8FB0-4B83-855B-96D9D1C519CA.jpeg

Glad there are no serious injuries.

I thought this was funny on Twitter

attachment.php

Yeah, you see the same memes go round Twitter every time something like this happens.

Last time there was an earthquake in North Wales there was a mock appeal asking for donations for Scousers made homeless by the tremour. You know the sort of thing:

"£1 buys a pen to help a homeless Scouse family fill in an Earthquake Relief Claim Form
£10 buys chips and kebabs for a homeless Scouse family
£100 buys a tent for a homeless Scouse family"

Etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member