PA PA - Philadelphia, Schuykill River, BlkFem 35-55, UP16686, Living Photo, Mar'17

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

This photo was taken of the decedent as she was admitted to Belmont Hospital under an alias.

ME/C Case Number: 17-1470
Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
35 to 55 year old Black/African American Female

Decedent was recovered from the Schuykill River in Philadelphia on 3/27/2017. She was moderately decomposed and was carrying no effects. Decedent did have a hospital bracelet from a recent admission to a psychiatric hospital in the area (name on bracelet was determined to be alias).

Weight: 244, estimated
Height: 66, estimated
Hair: Black, possible dread lock

Clothing:
multiple layers of pants and jackets

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16686

The name she used in the hospital seems to have a number of arrests in Maryland with the same birthdate and also some associated possible relatives in public records: https://www.instantcheckmate.com/people/alcinda-deminds/

I wonder how they determined this was not her real name?

Also of note is that her ethnicity is listed there as "black, African". This is different from "African-American". When I google the name "Alcinda" a few African women in leadership positions come up in the results, some of whom have a similar look to the UID (though I don't think they are her). This woman may be originally from Africa and stayed in the US simply by overstaying her visa.

Also of note is that her ethnicity is listed there as "black, African". This is different from "African-American". When I google the name "Alcinda" a few African women in leadership positions come up in the results, some of whom have a similar look to the UID (though I don't think they are her). This woman may be originally from Africa and stayed in the US simply by overstaying her visa.

Very sharp Gardener. If I recall right there is/was a woman from Kenya missing. Have to look into that again.

Very sharp Gardener. If I recall right there is/was a woman from Kenya missing. Have to look into that again.

The arrests in Baltimore under that name took place in 1999, 2000 and 2001. IF it was the same woman from the hospital in Philadelphia she has been in the US for a long time. However, it is possible the UID woman took the identity of the Baltimore woman. Perhaps when police investigated they found the real Alcinda is alive and well. I cannot find any mugshots from the 1999-2001 arrests to see if she looks like the same woman. Surely police would check that out, right?

I don’t think she weighed 244. Is that a mistake? That would be obese, and she looks a normal weight in her photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think she weighed 244. Is that a mistake? That would be obese, and she looks a normal weight in her photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The picture was taken when she was admitted to the hospital in January, 2017. She looks to have a "normal" posture there. Could it be possible she gained a lot of weight during the time between admission and date found, having food available in the hospital on a regular basis?

She probably jumped off the Strawberry Mansion Bridge which is very near the hospital grounds into the Schuylkill river (can't help it to see some irony in the name of the river) and drifted with the current to the location she was found. (just speculation)

The name she used in the hospital seems to have a number of arrests in Maryland with the same birthdate and also some associated possible relatives in public records: https://www.instantcheckmate.com/people/alcinda-deminds/

I wonder how they determined this was not her real name?

I think it's probably a case of medical identity theft.

The definition of medical identity theft is the fraudulent acquisition of someone’s personal information – name, Social Security number, health insurance number – for the purpose of illegally obtaining medical services or devices, insurance reimbursements or prescription drugs. In the article a few examples.
https://khn.org/news/rise-of-indentity-theft/

she was also 5"6, 244 is quite overweight for that height but if she carries weight in the hips and legs her face and shoulder may not appear too terribly large.

The picture was taken when she was admitted to the hospital in January, 2017. She looks to have a "normal" posture there. Could it be possible she gained a lot of weight during the time between admission and date found, having food available in the hospital on a regular basis?

its pronounced "skookle" strangely enough lol.

She probably jumped off the Strawberry Mansion Bridge which is very near the hospital grounds into the Schuylkill river (can't help it to see some irony in the name of the river) and drifted with the current to the location she was found. (just speculation)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back