CA - Michael Morales in the '81 murder of Terri Winchell

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Well Morales was supposed to be executed tuesday.CNN said that a judge says that lethal injection is too painful.The poor family cannot even speak.

A judge set a Feb. 21 execution date Wednesday for a Stockton man convicted of murdering a 17-year-old girl in 1981. It would be California's third execution in three months.

Michael Morales lost his final court appeal in October when the U.S. Supreme Court refused to review his case. He can still seek clemency from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Morales, now 46, was convicted of choking, beating and stabbing Terri Winchell to death in a remote area of San Joaquin County in January 1981. Prosecution witnesses said a cousin of Morales, Ricky Ortega, had learned Winchell was having an affair with Ortega's male lover and asked Morales to kill her.

So the night that the execution is supposed to take place,the judge says that the injection would be too painful for Morales...
Now he is going to live years longer because of the stay of execution.

This was tuesday's article prior to the judges ruling.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/01/19/BAGTQGPLPH1.DTL

Is this the guy that his anesthesieustus(sp) walked off from?

He had some crap about injection being cruel and the docs said they could not abide by bring him back. His death sentence had he would be brought back at any sign of pain or anxiety of the body. The guys hired to put him under felt they could not and would not try to ressucitate.

Hey Becba,

Yes that is the one.The anesthesiologists did not want to be involved in it.
Why would they want to stop if he felt pain.They have the murdered girl and her family in mind.

Ummm, Dark Shadows, that's not exactly why the stay was put in place. Judge Fogel ordered the execution could proceed if either:1) the anaesthesiologists were present, or 2) another trained medical personal could give a single injection overdose of Barbituate by syringe. San Quentin planned to go ahead with method #2 by 7:30 tonight, but could not find the trained personnel to administer it. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the judge in this case.

Ok, the guy murders someone and now they are concerned with whether or not his injection is too 'painful?' I'm speechless.

Becba said:
Is this the guy that his anesthesieustus(sp) walked off from?

He had some crap about injection being cruel and the docs said they could not abide by bring him back. His death sentence had he would be brought back at any sign of pain or anxiety of the body. The guys hired to put him under felt they could not and would not try to ressucitate.

Since when are the killers making the rules? I would think the judge would have asked this killer if he stopped when the girl screamed and begged for her life. This whole thing is just a sample of what is going on in our great justice system. What B.S.

Bobbisangel said:
Since when are the killers making the rules? I would think the judge would have asked this killer if he stopped when the girl screamed and begged for her life. This whole thing is just a sample of what is going on in our great justice system. What B.S.
I totally agree!! What a total crock of s*it!

Doctors take an oath to do not harm, that is why they are having difficulty finding doctors to assist in the excution.
But what concerns me, is that with the one guy being successful, then all the other death row inmates will be following suit. And since a prescedence (sp) has been set, they stand a good chance of not being excuted either. So it is a major win for the anti death penalty advocates. The only way that they are going to save this, is if they get a new procedure set up quick.
It also sounds as though Cali may be headed for abolishing the death penalty, unless the citizens start protesting.

Who gives a crap if the *advertiser censored* feels pain.....I know I don't. He sure didn't care if the girl was scared out of her mind and felt immense pain. Surely Californians will stand up and have some balls to say enough is enough, compared to what he did, it's a completely HUMANE way to die.

he raped, bludgeoned and stabbed his victim. Now, I call that pain!!!! Execution by lethal injection involves giving anesthesia to render the person unconscious- than a drug to cause muscle paralysis is given - than another med to stop the heart. The concern was if the anesthesia didn't work than the prisoner would feel pain when receiving the paralying agent. What a crock!!! Death by lethal injection is much less painful then what these killer's victims have to endure.

I had to put my old dog to sleep, btw. TWAS sad but barely a wince and a peaceful death, if i was the judge i'd ship him over to Texas, for that good old eleectric chair *mwahahaha*

But that still wouldn't be as painful as the pain they felt:furious:

dark_shadows said:
So the night that the execution is supposed to take place,the judge says that the injection would be too painful for Morales...
LinasK said:
Ummm, Dark Shadows, that's not exactly why the stay was put in place. Judge Fogel ordered the execution could proceed if either:1) the anaesthesiologists were present, or 2) another trained medical personal could give a single injection overdose of Barbituate by syringe. San Quentin planned to go ahead with method #2 by 7:30 tonight, but could not find the trained personnel to administer it.

The doctors had been brought in by a federal judge after Morales' attorneys argued that the three-part lethal injection process violates the Eighth Amendment prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. The attorneys said a prisoner could feel excruciating pain from the last two chemicals if he were not fully sedated.

Linask said:
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the judge in this case.

:boohoo:

From Fox News;
Deborah Denno, a Fordham University law professor and expert on lethal injection, said Fogel's order seemed "like a desperate measure."
"These are not circumstances by which somebody ought to be executed," she said. "It's never been done before like this."

FOX NEWS STORY

dark_shadows said:
Well Morales was supposed to be executed tuesday.CNN said that a judge says that lethal injection is too painful.The poor family cannot even speak.

A judge set a Feb. 21 execution date Wednesday for a Stockton man convicted of murdering a 17-year-old girl in 1981. It would be California's third execution in three months.

Michael Morales lost his final court appeal in October when the U.S. Supreme Court refused to review his case. He can still seek clemency from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Morales, now 46, was convicted of choking, beating and stabbing Terri Winchell to death in a remote area of San Joaquin County in January 1981. Prosecution witnesses said a cousin of Morales, Ricky Ortega, had learned Winchell was having an affair with Ortega's male lover and asked Morales to kill her.

Now he is going to live years longer because of the stay of execution.

This was tuesday's article prior to the judges ruling.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/01/19/BAGTQGPLPH1.DTLhttp://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/01/19/BAGTQGPLPH1.DTL
DOESNT HE SUPPOSE THAT WAS PAINFUL? :doh: :bang:

2beautifulboys said:
Who gives a crap if the *advertiser censored* feels pain.....I know I don't. He sure didn't care if the girl was scared out of her mind and felt immense pain. Surely Californians will stand up and have some balls to say enough is enough, compared to what he did, it's a completely HUMANE way to die.

Hi 2beautifulboys,
Thank-you and the others who agree.He gets off easy.That girl had to suffer.

dark_shadows said:
Hey Becba,

Yes that is the one.The anesthesiologists did not want to be involved in it.
Why would they want to stop if he felt pain.They have the murdered girl and her family in mind.
I correct this post.This is why they did not want to participate;

The two anesthesiologists balked, saying the procedures forced them into the role of executioner, in violation of their medical ethics.

The family reacted;

Crittendon also met with family members of 17-year-old Terri Winchell, whom Morales was convicted of murdering. "They took this very hard," Crittendon said.
Reached at her Lodi-area home, Terri Winchell's mother described herself as "knocked down" by the decision. It "was just like someone hit you in the stomach," Barbara Christian said. "You feel weak, and the pain hurts…. We have lived with a knife in our hearts for all these years, and this makes the knife even sharper."

The killer reacted when he found out that he was not going to die;

Morales was sitting in a prison cell with his Los Angeles attorney, David Senior, when San Quentin spokesman Vernell Crittendon brought them the news that the execution had been called off.

"He was quite relieved to find he was not being executed,"

LA Times

My second choice of "punishment" would be to take this out into the woods and find a tree stump about 4ft in height ,you slam his *advertiser censored* down on the stump and then you nail his scrotum (numerous times) to the tree stump, you then hand a baseball bat to the parents of the deceased child and they slam him in the chest knocking him over, you then hand him a VERY dull knife, he now has the choice..... cut em off or dangle by em'. Sounds better than any other solution I have heard.

And this is just my opinion....Right or wrong it is my opinion.

My second choice of "punishment" would be to take this out into the woods and find a tree stump about 4ft in height ,you slam his *advertiser censored* down on the stump and then you nail his scrotum (numerous times) to the tree stump, you then hand a baseball bat to the parents of the deceased child and they slam him in the chest knocking him over, you then hand him a VERY dull knife, he now has the choice..... cut em off or dangle by em'. Sounds better than any other solution I have heard.

stump.jpg
Wasn't sure how to draw a scrotum....:silenced:

The Family and Friends of Terri Winchell, killed by Morales are planning a Candle Light Vigil on March 3rd at Tokay High School in Lodi, Ca. There is a meeting planned today and I will get back with the final details.

Thanks so much Sue !

( and I'm glad you came over here ! ;) )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back