Identified! CO - Saguache Co, Fem body NW of Rio Grande National Forest, Feb 2018 - Brandy "Raven" Bishop

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
SAGUACHE COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - Authorities are asking the public for any information that may help in the investigation of a body found by a hiker on Sunday in Saguache County.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is reporting a woman's body was found just after 10 a.m. The body was found by a hiker in the area of County Road 42 and County Road Z. The area is just northeast of the Rio Grande National Forest. Anyone with information on this is asked to call the Saguache County Sheriff’s Office at 719-655-2544.

The CBI says this case does not appear to be connected with Kristal Reisinger, a person who was reported missing in the area.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Body-found-in-Saguache-County-474518953.html

I did some digging to see if I could find out what happened to her. Based on FB rumors that can't be mentioned here, I found that her boyfriend (and the POI in her death) was also found deceased. Here is his obituary. Joseph “Joe” Paul Garcia Sr.

I can't find any MSM reporting her cause of death. Resigned myself to never knowing....RIP Brandy.

This article seems to have the most detailed info:
brandy-bishop.jpg

Bishop, who had lived in Saguache for “a few years,” had not been reported as a Missing Person, according to Sheriff Warwick. The case is currently under investigation by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, and local authorities are hoping to speak to Bishop’s boyfriend at the time of her death, a Saguache resident. While official investigation protocols would not allow Sheriff Warwick to release his name, Saguache Today was able to confirm her boyfriend’s identity by a local thrift store employee where Bishop had worked and volunteered up until last October (2017).
“Jo-Jo,” as Raven (Bishop) called him, is Joseph Garcia, who has deep family roots in Saguache and the San Luis Valley. He is currently considered a person of interest in the investigation, and is being encouraged to contact authorities.
While Warwick did not want to speculate on how long Bishop was out there, he did state in an interview with Saguache Today that her body did not appear to have any visible trauma, like a gunshot wound or noticeable bruising. The Saguache County Sheriff added that her body was intact, suggesting that it had not been exposed to the elements for an extended period of time, nor had been compromised by any wildlife or severe decomposition.

More info at link: Saguache News – February 23

RIP Raven

I did some digging to see if I could find out what happened to her. Based on FB rumors that can't be mentioned here, I found that her boyfriend (and the POI in her death) was also found deceased. Here is his obituary. Joseph “Joe” Paul Garcia Sr.

I can't find any MSM reporting her cause of death. Resigned myself to never knowing....RIP Brandy.

Valley Publishing

Not sure if the above Valley Publishing site on FB is considered mainstream media? It seems to be the publisher of The Monte Vista Journal, but I did not find an article link to the Journal site. Feel free to delete this post if against TOS.

This post says the boyfriend died reportedly by suicide four days after her body was found and maybe the day after the body was identified. Note: His obituary also welcomed donations to a youth anti-suicide organization in lieu of flowers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back