Identified! UK - Birmingham, LIVING teen girl, mute, Feb'18 - Name withheld

*Verdigris

Revelation 21:4
Reaction score
 ̄
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...police-unable-identify-mute-teenage-girl.html

Not really sure where to put this.
This is a reverse-missing. Usually we know who, but not where...
but in this case we know where, but not who!

Unidentified special-needs/mute teenage girl found wandering in Birmingham, West Midlands, six days ago (on Valentine's Day) in a distressed state.

So then, apparently she doesn't match any missing persons report. (...right?)
She's definitely been well-fed. I'm afraid she may have had a single carer who possibly collapsed inside the home, and has not yet been discovered. :(
Not a very good photo, but hopefully good enough for a neighbour to recognize her, if she had ever been seen outside her home.

Poor dear. Hope this gets solved soon.

image.jpg

Aww poor thing, she looks so sad :-(

Isn't New Street where the station is? Could someone have been travelling with her and been taken ill and she got separated from them? I hope she hasn't been abandoned :-(

Identified!
https://news.sky.com/story/police-ask-for-help-identifying-mute-girl-found-in-birmingham-11258612
Police in Birmingham have identified a mute girl found wandering the streets in Birmingham after a public appeal.

The girl, believed to be aged about 14, was found in a distressed state in New Street, in the city centre, on the evening of 14 February.

She was carrying a pink blanket and a toy dog.

Officers made a public appeal for help identifying the child on 19 February and she was identified within 24 hours.

West Midlands Police tweeted thanks to those who had helped, saying "our appeal was shared thousands of times, and as a result the girl has now been identified".

I was watching this unfold at 3a.m ...

She's been identified by a Beds Police officer and is known by Surrey police too and has been referred to as 'the lady' by Beds police ...

If there's no report of a child or vulnerable adults missing after 6 days , the most likely reason is, she's neither ... maybe ... munchausens?

https://twitter.com/Beds_PC5055/status/965744920064610304

I was watching this unfold at 3a.m ...

She's been identified by a Beds Police officer and is known by Surrey police too and has been referred to as 'the lady' by Beds police ...

If there's no report of a child or vulnerable adults missing after 6 days , the most likely reason is, she's neither ... maybe ... munchausens?

https://twitter.com/Beds_PC5055/status/965744920064610304

....you think she's faking?

she's been identified. leave it.

Very interesting!

I have some experience of being on the receiving end of the deceit of someone with Munchausens and also a mother inflicting unnecessary medical therapies, surgeries and drugs on her child.

It's hurtful but, also fascinating and although not unwell in the way that they portray, they ARE unwell and need help

was she abandoned??
No idea, found on Feb 14th 2018 in Birmingham in a distressed, non-verbal state. Initially thought to be around 14.

No reports of child or vulnerable adult missing.

6 days later, West Midlands police post on social media and she is quickly identified by a Beds Police officer who says that Surry police are "well aware of the lady too" ...

We can only read between the lines but, I would guess that she's been 'found' a few times before ...

can someone enlighten me please ... I am reading between lines and thinking she is not a child at all but a young woman with perhaps mental health issues

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Aww poor thing, she looks so sad :-(

Isn't New Street where the station is? Could someone have been travelling with her and been taken ill and she got separated from them? I hope she hasn't been abandoned :-(

The station is nearby but New Street itself is a pedestrianised main shopping drag. It's the long street running diagonally across the top of this map:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...xba66437dafb77e07!8m2!3d52.47905!4d-1.8979038

From the photo she looks to be mentally handicapped* to me, which may means she seems younger that she actually is. And yes, the possibility of her travelling with someone she got separated from isn't impossible but I would have thought a carer or parent would have raised the alarm very quickly. The fact they apparently didn't raises red flags for me.

So she's known to Bedfordshire, Surrey and now West Midlands police. There has to be a safeguarding issue here since she's known to at least three police forces.

* Yes, I know this is not the PC term in the UK these days but it's a useful umbrella term covering learning disabilities and intellectual disabilities when there's obviously a problem but you don't know what the problem is.

A nurse has confirmed on the West Midlands police FB post, that she is an adult and not a child. I messaged her and asked her to explain but, she said she couldn't reveal anything more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back