Found Safe CA - Katherine Harden, 29, Santa Cruz County, 19 Feb 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Sheriff's Officials Seeking Help Locating Missing Woman[/h]
Santa Cruz County sheriff's officials said Monday night that they are looking for a woman who went missing that afternoon near the beach.

Katherine Harden, 29, was last seen around 3 p.m. at the parking lot of the Greyhound Rock County Park northwest of Davenport.

Sheriff's officials said that she left her vehicle and might have been walking south on state Highway 1.

Harden is described as a white woman, 5 feet 9 inches tall, 160 pounds with hazel eyes and brown hair. She was wearing blue jeans, a black sweater with gray sleeves and a red blanket.
Anyone who sees her is asked to call the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office at (831) 471-1121.
https://m.sfgate.com/news/bayarea/a...ls-Seeking-Help-Locating-Missing-12626429.php

She left her car at the parking lot and started walking? Maybe she was just going to take pictures or get a better view. Maybe she fell.... :(

https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...828fbf76f82ae!8m2!3d37.0790772!4d-122.2675155

attachment.php

Attachments

• greyhound rock.jpg
    greyhound rock.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 94
North would have been just as lovely as south. Maybe they saw footprints or something, or someone "thinks" they saw her.

North would have been just as lovely as south. Maybe they saw footprints or something, or someone "thinks" they saw her.

Perhaps you are right that they were going by footprints or a witness. But it doesn't really make sense, IMO. There is a path leading from the parking lot to the beach, yet they said she may have been walking along the HWY. I can "walk" the park paths with the little google man: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.080...4!1svFCFiL8yNlbRF-e0Ku9PjA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Beautiful views, but nothing would lead me to walk down the HWY from here unless I had car trouble and needed to try to get a ride. Here is a view from the beach looking up at the cliffs where the HWY is located (I think): https://www.google.com/maps/@37.079...4!1s6Y6hDRup4H3uPIhlNIX07A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I hope she didn't walk down the road to jump from a cliff :(

What? YaY!!

I'm thrilled, but I'm also left with questions that I suppose will never be answered.

Questions like what, Tony? I had more than just art supplies, more like at least 3-4 duffle bags containing most of my things, and I never went and got that red and cream colored blanket back from the sheriff's department. Sure, I made it out to HWY 1, but I tell you what, I was not going far with all of that! For three straight days and the majority of a couple weeks before that I swear I couldn't even breathe without wondering if I was going to get yelled at or "b**** slapped," as he called It. I couldn't take it anymore....

Questions like what, Tony? I had more than just art supplies, more like at least 3-4 duffle bags containing most of my things, and I never went and got that red and cream colored blanket back from the sheriff's department. Sure, I made it out to HWY 1, but I tell you what, I was not going far with all of that! For three straight days and the majority of a couple weeks before that I swear I couldn't even breathe without wondering if I was going to get yelled at or "b**** slapped," as he called It. I couldn't take it anymore....

Welcome to Websleuths. No one should ever treat you that way. I hope you are in a safe environment now.

Welcome to Websleuths. No one should ever treat you that way. I hope you are in a safe environment now.

I think I forgot to mention that I left a note on the stop sign on the way out with the people I ended up with. It included their names and the license plate and make of the motorhome.. search and rescue found it on the second day....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back