UNSOLVED OK - Male, 40-60, Clothing, Hunting Boots, Hotel Lotion, Feb'18

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Investigators asking public for help to ID human remains[/h]
[FONT=&quot]After the discovery of human remains near a Cherokee County, the District Attorney's Office and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation are asking the public for help with identification.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A human skull was found on Friday evening by a landowner near the intersection of State Highway 51 and McCrary Road west of Tahlequah. Further searching by authorities with the help of cadaver dogs on Saturday yielded more remains, along with some clothing, hunting boots and hotel lotion.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Preliminary indications suggest the remains have been at the site of discovery for about six months, and belong to a man age 40-60. The District Attorney's Office said Saturday that the remains were in the possession of the Medical Examiner's Office, which is attempting to determine a cause of death.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Investigators say they are having difficulty finding leads because there are no recent reports in the area of anyone going missing.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On Saturday, the District Attorney's Office said there was no immediately obvious link to the remains and any open missing person case in Cherokee County.
[/FONT]
http://www.tahlequahdailypress.com/...cle_79b14163-762b-5b25-ad32-f02733032764.html

There is no clothing description? Stanley Vigil is a missing hunter from NM. 56 y/o male missing since Nov 9.

I too wonder which hotel the lotion came from .. usually the brand of the hotel chain is listed if it's specific to that hotel. I hope the police/investigating party are looking into that ... is the nearest town Tahlequah? Any hotels that would look like the kind to give toiletries to guests?

I know some people take the shampoos, conditioners, lotions etc and make ziploc bags for homeless. I’ve gone through my stuff I’ve taken home and donated it to a group that was putting bags together with new socks, gift card for food and care products. Not sure if the rest of it fits but it may explain the hotel lotion. Most of mine have said the hotel or are a brand specifically made for hotel chains.

[FONT=&quot]After a few days of investigation, the office of the District 27 Attorney believes a set of human remains found west of Tahlequah can soon be attached to a name.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speculation has been rife on social media about possible identities, but District Attorney Jack Thorp said no details will be announced without proper verification.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I have a preliminary ID, but I can't release that," Thorp said. "I have been advised about who the person is, but we are waiting for official identification from the medical examiner. They need to look at some things, but I feel comfortable we know the ID of the person."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thorp also said he could not "speculate" about a cause of death.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"We want to make the confirmation, reach out to next of kin, and when we confirm, the [Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation] will probably ultimately list in a press release who the person was," Thorp said.
[/FONT]
http://www.tahlequahdailypress.com/...cle_8835fc90-e80f-5abf-8f2e-802e19e7b32e.html

I thought we'd have an ID by now based on the most recent article, but I still haven't seen one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back