Resolved MI - Detroit, 24th St alley, BlkFem 20-40, UP11831, ears pierced 3Xs, stretch marks, scar, Nov'02

Al Ka

Reaction score
NamUs UP # 11831

ME/C Case Number: 02-11355
Wayne County, Michigan
20 to 40 year old Black/African American Female

Date found: November 30, 2002

Demographics

Estimated age: Adult - Pre 40
Minimum age: 20 years
Maximum age: 40 years
Race: Black/African American

Sex: Female
Weight (pounds): 121, Measured
Height (inches): 65, Measured

Body
All parts recovered
Recognizable face

Estimated postmortem interval: Days

Hair color: Black
Head hair: Natural

Scars and marks :
Striae present on lower abdomen, anterior aspect of the left forearm had a scar.

Piercings : Earlobes had three holes pierced in each
Finger and toe nails : Toenails polished with red polish

Clothing
White t-shirt with "Platnium" printed on the front, black bra. She was nude from the waist down.

Circumstances
Body was found in the alley of 3342 24th St. (Detroit). It is believed that the body was at that location since 11/29/02.

Fingerprints Status: Fingerprint information is available and entered
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11831

Um. I've seen a missing woman who looks very much like this. Now if I can find her...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I don't normally post comparisons as I am more into research but this caught my eye.

Missing 38 year old Sherry Hudson from Detroit, MI on November 22, 2002. Just 8 days before Jane Doe was found.

Height (inches): Sherry 64.0 - UID 65 (match)
Weight (pounds): Sherry 105.0 to 120.0 - UID 121 (match)

Scars:
Sherry - Scar on inside of left forearm, scars on inside and outside of right forearm near wrist
UID - Striae present on lower abdomen, anterior aspect of the left forearm had a scar.

Sherry - Sherry was last seen in the vicinity of Joy Rd. and Greenfield Rd. in Detroit, MI.
UID - Body was found in the alley of 3342 24th St. - Detroit, MI
(I have not checked how far it is from each other, but it is the same city)

Jane Doe Namus profile is relatively new, made only in October 2017.

Last but not least resemblance:

Sherry Hudson NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/822/
Jane Doe NamUs: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11831

Thoughts?

Please call it in. Looks like a match to me. I’ve attached 2 other photos of her. Additionally, someone else on FB had the same suggestion 24 weeks ago but she doesn’t indicate that the potential match has been suggested to LE.
8d82c66a8668d8c51702a659bf921dd7.jpg
01274b9d35299ff6aadf1f32ec8c9214.jpg
33cdeae53eb12dba9869104b5351d848.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please call it in. Looks like a match to me. I’ve attached 2 other photos of her. Additionally, someone else on FB had the same suggestion 24 weeks ago but she doesn’t indicate that the potential match has been suggested to LE.
8d82c66a8668d8c51702a659bf921dd7.jpg
01274b9d35299ff6aadf1f32ec8c9214.jpg
33cdeae53eb12dba9869104b5351d848.jpg

I am in Europe, so calling in is not an option. If more members agree that it is good enough and close enough match then whoever has experiencing with submitting can feel free to do so. But please let us know about it. I have not seen or checked FB for either of them but I will search for post you are referring to. I have spotted them by Reveal (Lost & Found) website.

That looks like a really good match. I can't find an email for the Detroit police, so email the Regional Administrator of the Jane Doe on NamUs and she should take care of it.

It looks like the UID has dentals, but no DNA and Sherry has DNA but no dentals. This might be tricky. Al Ka - you can email the NamUs contact under the “Contacts” tab or I’m happy to call it in for you. Up to you.

Another plus: it says the decedent has multiple piercings in her ears. In the photo of Sherry Hudson in the blue shirt, you can see at least two earrings in each ear.

I think the teeth might not match, but that's for the pros to determine.

http://charleyproject.org/case/sherry-regina-hudson

Her Charley page lists the phone number for Detroit police as the contact.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

It looks like the UID has dentals, but no DNA and Sherry has DNA but no dentals. This might be tricky. Al Ka - you can email the NamUs contact under the “Contacts” tab or I’m happy to call it in for you. Up to you.

Taramarie, if you do not mind, yes, please submit it. From previous posts it seems that it is good to submit to both, person in charge of the missing person case and Jane Doe contact too. Thank You.

Taramarie, if you do not mind, yes, please submit it. From previous posts it seems that it is good to submit to both, person in charge of the missing person case and Jane Doe contact too. Thank You.

Will submit tomorrow!

I fear that there's no way to compare these two cases, even though it looks really good. Why they wouldn't have the UID's DNA is weird, but it is Detroit. The financial and government issues there are no secret.

I fear that there's no way to compare these two cases, even though it looks really good. Why they wouldn't have the UID's DNA is weird, but it is Detroit. The financial and government issues there are no secret.

I’m trying to be optimistic - maybe they can get dentals from Sherry’s family. I assume it’s not likely they’ll exhume the UID (or if that’s even possible). Regardless, it’s worth checking on. It also seems very strange to me that they don’t have DNA for the UID considering she was found in 2002.

Will submit tomorrow!

Hi - So sorry for the delay, but I have reported the potential match to Lori Bruski of NamUs & The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office. I will try calling the officer in charge of the Sherry's case again later, but her VM box was full. The gentleman I spoke with sounded very receptive, & I followed up with all details in an email. I will let all of you know when/if I hear back.

Both have responded to confirm receipt of the email details. Now we wait. I've copied/pasted the email I followed up with below:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. There are very compelling similarities between a missing person recently entered into NamUs to an unidentified body being investigated by your office. I will preface this by mentioning that according to the NamUs entries, comparison between the two may be difficult as the missing person only has DNA & the body only has dentals. I hope there may be some way to compare them, however, as the similarities are too much to ignore. Links to both cases are below, along with bulletpoints highlighting why I believe this to be a match.

Unidentified Person - Case 02-11355, NamUs Case 11831: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11831

Missing Person - Sherry Regina Hudson - Case 6M626, NamUs Case 822: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/822/

Sherry went missing on 11/22/02, 8 days before the body was found
Height: Sherry 64", UID measured at 65"
Weight: Sherry 105-120lbs, UID measured at 121lbs
Both are listed as having a scar on the left forearms
Location: a quick Google search shows Sherry going missing 15min from where the UID was located.
Sherry was last seen in the vicinity of Joy Rd. and Greenfield Rd. in Detroit, MI.
Body was found in the alley of 3342 24th St.
The post-mortem of the victim & photos of the missing person look strikingly similar (see links)
The UID is stated to have 3 piercings in each ear & I can see multiple piercings in the photos of Sherry

As you can see, the potential match is extremely close - I'd be shocked if they are not the same person. Per my comment earlier in the email, it seems as though the indentifiers will make it difficult to make the match - I'm hopeful Ms. Hudson's family could provide dentals for her or perhaps DNA could be taken from the UID.

Please keep me updated if possible & reach out to me with any questions.

Al Ka - Good eye! I hope you've enabled Sherry to come home to her family!

Taramarie Thank You so much for doing all this! :goldstar: Can't wait for updates.

I am not too optimistic as you can't really be in these cases, but I am hopeful.

One more update for now - I tried calling the LE contact for Sherry again this morning & her VM was still full, so I sent her a FB message instead. She responded this evening; she gets a lot of hangup calls on her VM which fills her box daily & makes it tough for anyone to contact her. However, she said they're already trying to get DNA from the UID & would keep me updated. Fingers crossed they're able to gather DNA & give back her name!

Side note - I did a quick google search on the LE contact & she seems like a great victim's advocate which fills me with optimism :)

Hi - the medical examiner got back to me to tell me that the UID and Sherry were compared back in 2002 with no match. It sounds like fingerprints were compared, but I’ve asked for confirmation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back