Houston IAH Airport Security Breach

Jean

Former Member
Reaction score
Some gates shut down after IAH security breach 2/22/06 (George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston, Tx.)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3677762.html

Federal authorities shut down Terminal B of Bush Intercontinental Airport shortly after noon today after a woman breached a security checkpoint.

Houston Airport System spokesman Roger Smith said he was told that a woman "apparently went through when she wasn't supposed to'' at 12:34 p.m.

Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Andrea McCauley said the target of the search entered the "sterile'' area past the metal detectors through an exit lane into the public area.

McCauley said the terminal was evacuated for the search and the people-mover trains that link it to the other four terminals were shut down. (More at link)

My son is going to fly next week and I am worried enough without hearing about blunders lately.

The George Bush Airport had a problem today.They had to take all of the passangers off a plane today because she was not screened and somehow boarded the plane.So all of the passangers had to be removed from the plane and rescreened.
Then an Air Traffic Controller allowed three plane to take off at the same time on a runway at the Los Angeles International Airport a couple of days ago;

LOS ANGELES Federal investigators are trying to figure out why an air traffic controller directed three planes onto the same runway at Los Angeles International Airport last week.

A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman says, "It was pretty close."

Last Friday, the controller directed a departing turboprop to taxi on the same runway where he'd just cleared a Southwest Airlines jet to land. He also told an Air Canada jet it could cross the same runway on its way to the terminals.

The pilot of the smaller plane saw the incoming Southwest jet and stopped short of the runway. The jet roared past about 275 feet away and 50 feet above the smaller plane.

The F-A-A spokesman says the Southwest jet landed without incident and never got closer than about 56-hundred feet to the Air Canada jet.

That is just 2 examples.

Jean said:
Some gates shut down after IAH security breach 2/22/06 (George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston, Tx.)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3677762.html

Federal authorities shut down Terminal B of Bush Intercontinental Airport shortly after noon today after a woman breached a security checkpoint.

Houston Airport System spokesman Roger Smith said he was told that a woman "apparently went through when she wasn't supposed to'' at 12:34 p.m.

Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Andrea McCauley said the target of the search entered the "sterile'' area past the metal detectors through an exit lane into the public area.

McCauley said the terminal was evacuated for the search and the people-mover trains that link it to the other four terminals were shut down. (More at link)
Hi Jean,
Apparently I was pecking away at my post about this when you posted yours.:)
There was not a link that I saw while I was doing my post.I was watched it on the news.
So thank-you for posting a link.

In a few months I will be flying 3,000 miles across the country .... I don't want to hear this.

I flew to Zurich, Switzerland and no problem.

Mistakes will happen, but as long as they are few and far between. Flying is safer then cars........so enjoy your trip. If you calculate how many planes are flying in the USA alone on a given day, then calculate how many "problems" that you hear about, it is still safe.

Excepting for the blunders,

Airlines are pretty safe from terrorists at this time. Better screening, better procedures, air marshals; the terrorists, as anyone would, will take the path of least resistance, with respect to the maximum amount of damage. When it begins happening, the fear factor alone, will do great damage to this country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back