Ukraine - 12 year old girl mauled and eaten by stray dogs on her way home from school

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Girl, 12, is 'torn to pieces and eaten' by pack of stray dogs on her walk home from school in Ukraine before her parents find her dismembered body

A 12-year-old girl was 'torn to pieces' and partly 'eaten' by a pack of stray dogs as she walked home from school in Ukraine, it has been claimed.

Liza Kanareikina was ambushed by the animals in woodland on her daily route in the Ukrainian city of Khartsyzsk, 18 miles east of Donetsk, say police.

When she failed to return home, her parents found her mauled and dismembered body in blood-strained snow.

They found her remains ripped apart by the dogs 'as vicious as wolves', according to local reports in the rebel-held eastern Ukraine region.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5425639/Girl-12-eaten-pack-stray-dogs-Ukraine.html

I've never been to Ukraine so have no idea how much of a problem these dogs are there, but I saw packs of feral dogs lounging all over the place in Bucharest when I went there on business. Periodically the Romanian authorities have a massive cull of them and inevitably there are howls of protest from bleeding heart do-gooders in western Europe. There are actually groups who bring Romanian strays into the UK despite dog rescue places here being overrun with British strays that they can't find homes for.

Horrible.
We had a 10 year old killed like this in NC after getting off the bus. It was just 1 pitbull though. When a sheriffs deputy came on the scene he had no idea the bits of rags he saw were what was left of a child. The dog attacked him & clamped onto his arm & continued biting him even after he shot it. The horrible deaths these children had.

I am not trying to make humour out of it...but this is "Little red riding hood" for real, only she never makes it to her grand-mothers home. The horrific deaths these poor children had. The Romanian authorities should completely eradicate these vicious feral dog packs, they are deadly to wildlife and people.

The Romanian authorities should completely eradicate these vicious feral dog packs, they are deadly to wildlife and people.

I agree. Unfortunately the culls have been pretty brutal, often including clubbing the dogs to death rather than trapping and euthenising them by needle, and emotive images of piles of dead dogs have been used for propaganda purposes by campaigning groups, especially outside the country.

These dogs are generally descended from those which were turned out of family homes in the old central districts of Bucharest in the 1970s and 1980s. The old districts, mostly comprising ordinary houses, many with yards or gardens, were cleared by the Ceausescu regime to create space to build the monstrosity known as the Palace of the Parliament (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_the_Parliament). The displaced residents were rehoused in tower blocks of flats which were unsuitable for pets and so the dogs were abandoned. As a result, the dogs have been feral for 30+ years and 10+ generations - which is one very good reason for not trying to rehome them into families, especially those with young children.

I agree. Unfortunately the culls have been pretty brutal, often including clubbing the dogs to death rather than trapping and euthenising them by needle, and emotive images of piles of dead dogs have been used for propaganda purposes by campaigning groups, especially outside the country.

These dogs are generally descended from those which were turned out of family homes in the old central districts of Bucharest in the 1970s and 1980s. The old districts, mostly comprising ordinary houses, many with yards or gardens, were cleared by the Ceausescu regime to create space to build the monstrosity known as the Palace of the Parliament (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_the_Parliament). The displaced residents were rehoused in tower blocks of flats which were unsuitable for pets and so the dogs were abandoned. As a result, the dogs have been feral for 30+ years and 10+ generations - which is one very good reason for not trying to rehome them into families, especially those with young children.

Thank you for your reply, I was not sure about all these details, but abandoned pets is nearly always the reason. I had forgotten the Ceausescu regime. Obviously not having a strong RSPCA - as the UK, the United States and Australia has also makes a big difference. I am also horrified at the thought of brutal culls. "Clubbing" any animal to death is a horrific method. I naturally thought of professional shooters who were excellent marksmen, as well as trapping and humane euthanasia by needle. CLUBBING!!!! Only a barbarian would club an animal to death.
These wild dog packs will eventually breed themselves into another species of wolf.
Here in Australia the dingo is really only a pure breed in sanctuaries, the wild population have bred with wild dog packs for so long there is no longer pure dingo any more. Feral cats are as big as dogs and they have evolved to exist in completely arid areas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back