Laundry room photos

IridescentDreams

Reaction score
There has been some confusion surrounding the photos found in the laundry room in the basement as per the 1998 BPD interview with Haney and Demuth.

http://www.acandyrose.com/1998BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm

One thing that stuck out to me as odd is Patsy continually brings up the time in which the photos were taken. She seems to me, to be rather concerned that "were these taken in the morning, it looks really dark".

There were 3 photographs of JBR listed on items recovered from the December 29, 1996 warrant. I don't know anything about evidence tag codes (maybe someone can clue me in) but they are in sequence with the blue suitcase taken from the room with the broken window. To me that says they were taken from the same general area, please correct me if I'm wrong. Or possibly even from inside the suitcase itself?

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-inventory.htm

I have seen it speculated that the pictures talked about in the 98 interview were possibly of JBR on the night of the murder or in compromising positions. It was never really made known exactly what Haney and Demuth were talking about; were the pictures of JBR photographed in the laundry area, or were they other photos of her relocated to the laundry area. At the time, I didn't think too much of it but after reading back and noticing PR's anxiety about when photos were taken, maybe it's plausible? I know they were shown photos of their own that JR supposedly snapped the morning of the 26th to finish the film so they could hand it over to BPD. So is PR fretting that somehow BPD have pictures the Rs don't want them to see?

Were there photos taken that night of JBR? Why is PR so anxious about when the crime scene photos were taken and the timing; morning/night?

Please, speculate away and help me stop from going wild with insane theories; because right now I'm thinking I'm making a leap from JDI to BDI who decided to take some happy snaps along the way that mummy and daddy needed to make disappear. What are your thoughts, sleuthers?

There has been some confusion surrounding the photos found in the laundry room in the basement as per the 1998 BPD interview with Haney and Demuth.

One thing that stuck out to me as odd is Patsy continually brings up the time in which the photos were taken. She seems to me, to be rather concerned that "were these taken in the morning, it looks really dark".

There were 3 photographs of JBR listed on items recovered from the December 29, 1996 warrant. I don't know anything about evidence tag codes (maybe someone can clue me in) but they are in sequence with the blue suitcase taken from the room with the broken window. To me that says they were taken from the same general area, please correct me if I'm wrong. Or possibly even from inside the suitcase itself?

I have seen it speculated that the pictures talked about in the 98 interview were possibly of JBR on the night of the murder or in compromising positions. It was never really made known exactly what Haney and Demuth were talking about; were the pictures of JBR photographed in the laundry area, or were they other photos of her relocated to the laundry area. At the time, I didn't think too much of it but after reading back and noticing PR's anxiety about when photos were taken, maybe it's plausible? I know they were shown photos of their own that JR supposedly snapped the morning of the 26th to finish the film so they could hand it over to BPD. So is PR fretting that somehow BPD have pictures the Rs don't want them to see?

Were there photos taken that night of JBR? Why is PR so anxious about when the crime scene photos were taken and the timing; morning/night?

Please, speculate away and help me stop from going wild with insane theories; because right now I'm thinking I'm making a leap from JDI to BDI who decided to take some happy snaps along the way that mummy and daddy needed to make disappear. What are your thoughts, sleuthers?

IridescentDreams,
This was a collection of cutesy photographs of JonBenet found in the basement. They could represent staging who knows, e.g. a prior staging, now abandoned?

I think their finding prompted the Charlevoix, Michigan Search Warrant which was looking for naked footage, etc. The results were redacted.

Whomever took them was going to be linked to JonBenet's death, why?

If they belong to Patsy what is the big deal, similarly for either John or Burke?

What they might show is someone is taking an interest in photographing JonBenet?

Cameras never ever really came up as a Burke hobby in this case, anyway why would he want photographs of JonBenet when he sees her every day?

Looks to me as if the photographs were John's?

You have to wonder why Patsy would play dumb on these photographs, if all they are is cutesy snaps?

The photographs taken by JR, to finish off the reel, did show stuff was moved around, i.e. prior knowledge of events. Otherwise how do you know what to move and where?

1 THOMAS HANEY: Today is Wednesday,
2 June 24, 1998 and the time is approximately
3 9:03 a.m. Again we are present in the
4 Broomfield Police Department. Present is
5 Patricia Ramsey (INAUDIBLE) and how did you
6 spend yesterday, how did you feel?
7 PATSY RAMSEY: Fine, great. I
8 think, a couple of things that I thought about,
9 that I wanted to clarify maybe. You were asking
10 about -- particularly about the pictures of
11 JonBenet in the basement, and I remember that I
12 had taken some Xerox copies of her portfolio
13 pictures, you know, studio head shots. And
14 there was a paper cutter down there, and that I
15 used, and that --
16 TRIP DeMUTH: That could be it?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: That could be it.

There are copiers that can make color reproductions with heavier weight paper.

My take on it is the photographs found in the basement were associated with the My Twinn doll that was stored in the laundry room. This was a mail order custom made doll produced from photographs sent in. When the doll was complete the photos were included in the shipment with the doll.

I don't think there were ever pictures taken of Jonbenet in the laundry room. Based on the images made public of the basement it was full of clutter and stuff and junk and likely other pictures may have been found as well.

IridescentDreams,
This was a collection of cutesy photographs of JonBenet found in the basement. They could represent staging who knows, e.g. a prior staging, now abandoned?

I think their finding prompted the Charlevoix, Michigan Search Warrant which was looking for naked footage, etc. The results were redacted.

Whomever took them was going to be linked to JonBenet's death, why?

If they belong to Patsy what is the big deal, similarly for either John or Burke?

What they might show is someone is taking an interest in photographing JonBenet?

Cameras never ever really came up as a Burke hobby in this case, anyway why would he want photographs of JonBenet when he sees her every day?

Looks to me as if the photographs were John's?

You have to wonder why Patsy would play dumb on these photographs, if all they are is cutesy snaps?

The photographs taken by JR, to finish off the reel, did show stuff was moved around, i.e. prior knowledge of events. Otherwise how do you know what to move and where?

That was my thought, prior staging possibly. Maybe accidental snaps of her body, who knows. I thought the cutesy description wasn't actually descriptive of the photos but more to ease PR into opening up and going "oh yeah, if she pulled a cute face I might have taken a few pictures" then roll on from there. I could be wrong on that.

If they are innocent photos, it doesn't matter who they belong to or why. I find it normal for anyone in the family to take pictures of each other in a nice moment. However, given the fact you've stated you believe these photos promoted the Michigan search and the results are redacted; which brings questions of its own, I don't believe they are innocent. Why would perfectly normal photos promote a search of another residence looking for naked footage? Why the need bring them up in interviews, there's hundreds of photos of JB. LE had to take opportunities where they were. They didn't know if the lawyers would jump in and cut the interviews short or if they'd have another opportunity to interview the Rs again so, logically, they'd ask the questions of most importance to them and not waste time on things of no consequence.

It may may not be a hobby of BRs per se, that doesn't mean he's never picked up a camera and fired off a few shots. If it is a case of BDI, we know he seems to have some behavioural and possible personality abnormalities, often in cases when it comes to those who do have these sorts of issues there is often a "trophy" taken. I don't find it a far leap, if I play into BDI and taking previous points into consideration, to think his trophy would be some quick photos to show off his handy work. Never mind someone may find them, mum and dad won't hand them over etc, at that age, full of adrenaline I don't think he'd have the foresight to ponder such things.

Mm, well that's part of my point exactly. She plays dumb on seemingly innocuous things which makes you wonder.

What leads you to believe JR had prior knowledge based on those photos? My take on the additional photos is accidental. He didn't believe LE would go through them in such fine detail and possibly disregard the last photos taken as they were just to finish them film. Who knows.

Another thing I took note of is Haney and Demuth keep bringing up glitter. As I noted before, I don't see them wasting time on things of no consequence. There's nothing on the publicly available AR about glitter, but we don't know what was included in the full report to LE. Glitter on her genitals, part of the birefringent material perhaps (I don't know if glitter is birefringent or not, I'm just bouncing around ideas). The question is, why is the glitter important?

1 THOMAS HANEY: Today is Wednesday,
2 June 24, 1998 and the time is approximately
3 9:03 a.m. Again we are present in the
4 Broomfield Police Department. Present is
5 Patricia Ramsey (INAUDIBLE) and how did you
6 spend yesterday, how did you feel?
7 PATSY RAMSEY: Fine, great. I
8 think, a couple of things that I thought about,
9 that I wanted to clarify maybe. You were asking
10 about -- particularly about the pictures of
11 JonBenet in the basement, and I remember that I
12 had taken some Xerox copies of her portfolio
13 pictures, you know, studio head shots. And
14 there was a paper cutter down there, and that I
15 used, and that --
16 TRIP DeMUTH: That could be it?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: That could be it.

There are copiers that can make color reproductions with heavier weight paper.

Yes, but that's PR's confirmation, not LE. Note how she does the same thing regarding the heart on the hand in the same interviews. She gives an answer, the next day comes back to back track and clarify. Misdirection.

My take on it is the photographs found in the basement were associated with the My Twinn doll that was stored in the laundry room. This was a mail order custom made doll produced from photographs sent in. When the doll was complete the photos were included in the shipment with the doll.

I don't think there were ever pictures taken of Jonbenet in the laundry room. Based on the images made public of the basement it was full of clutter and stuff and junk and likely other pictures may have been found as well.

I was under the impression they didn't send photos back with the doll, though I could be wrong.

If they weren't taken in the basement, why did LE focus on trying to get an answer and offering a possible description of the photos (paraphrasing): if JB did something cutesy you wouldn't take a photo of her down there (in the basement)?

Yes it's entirely possible there were other photos of her found down there, but you need to ask why these particular photos were noteworthy enough to be included in the interviews.

It is only an idea of mine but I think this is a mix of:

* the only suspect Ramseys
* pieces of Xerox on the floor
* picture returned with a doll
* DNA or other marks on devices in the laundry
* maybe some additional stuff

I truly think that this investigation was grounded on the investigative level below the floor. whatever it means in English.

direct translation: "they reached below the level of mud".

[edit] I am using an idea that the body of JBR was naked or near naked in the laundry and it is possible the Police knew this.

I have no idea why they connected this with some pictures.

I seem to have gone full steam ahead and confused myself. The three photos listed on the warrant weren't directly related, ie they weren't of staging or her body as they wouldn't haven been developed yet. I do believe they may have been indirectly related ie inappropriate in nature before the murder maybe depicting some compromising positions ect.

However I am still of the belief there were pictures on their camera handed over to BPD on the night of the murder:

[FONT=.SF UI Text]16 TOM HANEY: Well, this photo 12OTET8 was on[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]17 your roll of film in your camera. And on the[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]18 same roll is the next photo, a Christmas morning[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]19 photo of the kids.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]20 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-huh (yes). Oh, God.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]21 TOM HANEY: Before we, before we talk too[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]22 much about the next photo, if you can --[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]23 TRIP DeMUTH: You want to just take that[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]24 out for a minute?[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]25 TOM HANEY: Let's talk still about the[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]0528[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text] 1 120TET. Like I say, this was on your role of[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text] 2 film and it's not exactly the same photograph[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text] 3 that was taken by the police.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text] 4 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-huh (yes).[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text] 5 TOM HANEY: But it's, it's, it shows --[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text] 6 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text] 7 TOM HANEY: -- pretty much, I guess, or can[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text] 8 you tell me when that would have been taken?[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text] 9 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't have a clue why[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]10 anybody would take a picture like that. I don't[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]11 know (inaudible). Who took the picture?[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]12 TOM HANEY: Well, it's on your roll --[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]13 PATSY RAMSEY: It's on my --[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]14 TOM HANEY: -- of film on your camera.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]15 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know.

archieil, I'm not sure what you mean?
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads