Website
Visit site
Father’s search for daughter ends

By Scott Parrott
Staff Writer
January 03, 2004

Email this story.

• Discuss this story

BERRY | When Amy Files disappeared in September, her father, George Files, hoped she just moved away without leaving word.

The family posted fliers with her photograph throughout the area. The days passed, then a month, then two. Still, Files remained hopeful.

But when Christmas came and went without a phone call, the worry grew greater, and Files intensified his search. The search, he said, ended this week, down a narrow dirt road on the outskirts of the town, in the bottom of an abandoned well.

“I don’t know if we would’ve ever found her, if it hadn’t been for word of mouth," Files said Friday, two days after Fayette County Sheriff’s investigators found a woman’s body in the shaft off Flat Creek Road, submerged in about 6 feet of water.

The sheriff’s department is working to positively identify the woman, who apparently was killedd. The state Department of Forensic Sciences is performing an autopsy.

But Files said he is sure it is Amy, who would have turned 34 next month.

Sheriff Hubert Norris said the woman appeared to be in her 30s. He said cables were tied around her neck, and the cables were weighed down with two concrete blocks.

“We have suspects in the case," he said.

Files said someone who knew his daughter led him to the property where the well is located.

When he came to the well, he said, he didn’t want to look inside.

“I told the kid, 'I can’t look down there, I just can’t do it,’ " he said.

But he had been searching for months. He looked. It was dark, and he could see little.

It wasn’t until later, after the sheriff’s department deputies came, that he said his search for his daughter ended.

Now he is searching for justice.

“I just want them to find the people that did this," he said. “They shouldn’t have done this

Body found in well identified as missing Berry woman
January 08, 2004

Email this story.

• Discuss this story

The body found at the bottom of a well in Berry has been resident Amy Files. Authorities said the death appears to be a homicide.

The 33-year-old woman had been missing since September. Fayette County Sheriff Hubert Norris said cables were tied around Files’ neck and her body was submerged in 6 feet of water in the well off Flat Creek Road. Sheriff’s deputies discovered the body on Dec. 31.

Norris said the state Department of Forensic Sciences informed him of the positive identification on Tuesday. He said officials are trying to determine how Files was killed.

“It could be weeks or months before they determine the cause of death," Norris said.

There are suspects in the case. Officers with the Alabama Bureau of Investigations have questioned a few people, Norris said, but no arrests have been made.

johnny, I have not been able to even find a picture of Amy on-line, not even on the Alabama Bureau of Investigations site

http://www.dps.state.al.us/public/abi/system/missing/adults.asp

Do you have the links to the stories, and if so, do they have her picture?

So sad, one of my families is going through a similar situation, where the feds are checking wells. Bless their hearts!

I will be praying for this family, and for justice for Amy.

Thanks, johnny!
In Him, Lanie

johnny said:
Body found in well identified as missing Berry woman
January 08, 2004

Email this story.

• Discuss this story

The body found at the bottom of a well in Berry has been resident Amy Files. Authorities said the death appears to be a homicide.

The 33-year-old woman had been missing since September. Fayette County Sheriff Hubert Norris said cables were tied around Files’ neck and her body was submerged in 6 feet of water in the well off Flat Creek Road. Sheriff’s deputies discovered the body on Dec. 31.

Norris said the state Department of Forensic Sciences informed him of the positive identification on Tuesday. He said officials are trying to determine how Files was killed.

“It could be weeks or months before they determine the cause of death," Norris said.

There are suspects in the case. Officers with the Alabama Bureau of Investigations have questioned a few people, Norris said, but no arrests have been made.
does law enforcement have any idea at all what motive there was? and do you know who it was that led the father to that well?

so sad for the family to find out that someone you loved faced such a terrible death. they will be in my prayers.

From 2007:

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20070429/NEWS/704290362

A judge sentenced a Fayette County woman to life in prison for her part in the 2003 murder of 33-year-old Amy Files Fuller, whose body was dumped in a well...

Fayette County Circuit Judge James Moore sentenced Heather Pinion to life in prison. The mother of three will be eligible for parole in 15 years.

Her husband Christopher Pinion was sentenced to 20 years after pleading guilty to manslaughter:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=-KcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6278,6178609&hl=en

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back