MI MI - Christina Castiglione 19 - Cohoctah Twp, 19 March, 1983

Nina Michigan

Verified President/Founder of Missing in Michigan
Reaction score
Link to PDF on cold case

Her case is possibly linked to that of 16 year old Kim Louiselle based on the calendar and location where body was found.

Chrissy was a 1982 graduate of Redford Union HS where she managed the girls volleyball and basketball teams.

Chrissy Castiglione spent the morning of March 19, 1983 running errands with her boyfriend, Christopher Lindsay. The two quarreled and went their separate ways, him out with friends and Chrissy home for a nap. That evening she set out on foot, first visiting Lindsay's sister's house then visiting a friend.

Lindsay reported seeing her walking along the road, but he didn't stop to pick her up. He (and his friends who he was with) went to a store a few blocks past where he'd seen her. this is about 7p in March, so it's pretty dark outside. He walked up the road toward where he'd seen her but she was gone.

Her body would be discovered several miles NW of Redford in rural Livingston County. Cohoctah Twp. which has a nasty reputation because of it's Klan related history.

Her remains were found March 29, 1983.

Biological materials were collected at the time which allowed investigators to eventually obtain a DNA sample. I believe that this eliminated her boyfriend and the man who found her remains.

It sounds like they had good reason to suspect the man who found her body. I wonder if he really was cleared with DNA?

I don't have an article to link to, but I've been speaking with the Livingston County Sheriff Cold Case Detectives and they confirmed for me that DNA ruled out Ron, the guy who found the body and her boyfriend Christopher Lindsay. Obvs that is unverified information, so keep that in mind

I hope that an upcoming story from the Argus Press will offer more information about her case.

Brief mention of Christina in this story from the Livingston Daily.

37 years ago...

a.jpg

Christina Castiglione, 19, murdered 19 March 1983

LINK:
Local Cold Case Team Still Investigating 1983 Unsolved Murder

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics