WA WA - Heather Guy, 29, Vancouver, 8 February 1983

So few information on this case !!

I know this is an old thread but that is the right Heather Guy from Pacifica H.S. I knew Heather and her family from middle school on because she lived a few streets over on Huntley Avenue. Heather had two brothers named Kippy and Billy; I believe both are deceased now.

Heather's mom, Virginia, was Canadian and I think Heather and the two boys were as well, if I recall correctly. Virginia remarried a man named Evans and had another couple of children by the time they moved to our neighborhood. Virginia has also since passed away. I know she had a couple of younger children but don't recall their names but one was a little girl.

Found Virginia's obit so the younger of the kids were Stuart and Erin... that's right.

https://obits.ocregister.com/us/obi...evans-obituary?n=virginia-evans&pid=151917624

Here's Billy's.

https://obits.ocregister.com/us/obituaries/orangecounty/name/william-guy-obituary?pid=150641510

My brother was friends with Billy Guy. Billy told my brother the police know who murdered Heather but couldn't prove it. Not difficult to figure out who it was.

I would guess the reason she's not in the yearbook is because she got pregnant at about 16 y.o. and she stopped attending school with us. I lost track of her and we moved not too long after graduation.

I know this is an old thread but that is the right Heather Guy from Pacifica H.S. I knew Heather and her family from middle school on because she lived a few streets over on Huntley Avenue. Heather had two brothers named Kippy and Billy; I believe both are deceased now.

Heather's mom, Virginia, was Canadian and I think Heather and the two boys were as well, if I recall correctly. Virginia remarried a man named Evans and had another couple of children by the time they moved to our neighborhood. Virginia has also since passed away. I know she had a couple of younger children but don't recall their names but one was a little girl.

Found Virginia's obit so the younger of the kids were Stuart and Erin... that's right.

https://obits.ocregister.com/us/obi...evans-obituary?n=virginia-evans&pid=151917624

Here's Billy's.

https://obits.ocregister.com/us/obituaries/orangecounty/name/william-guy-obituary?pid=150641510

My brother was friends with Billy Guy. Billy told my brother the police know who murdered Heather but couldn't prove it. Not difficult to figure out who it was.

I would guess the reason she's not in the yearbook is because she got pregnant at about 16 y.o. and she stopped attending school with us. I lost track of her and we moved not too long after graduation.
My name is Anne Barron, but I was born Baby Girl Shelton and placed up for adoption by my mother, Heather Mary Guy, with the Orange County Office of Adoptions in Southern California. I have only come to find out who my biological parents were in the last few years after doing my DNA testing through 23andMe. It took about 6 months of research to actually find my parents, I was able to meet my biological father within 2 weeks of speaking with him the first time. Sadly I was able to put some closure on my mom, Heather Mary Guy. I continue to have a relationship with both my father and younger half siblings, as well as my mom's brother, Stuart Evans. According to my Uncle Stuart, my grandma, his mom, was never the same after my mom disappeared. Sadly my grandma passed away before I ever knew who she was. Heres a picture of my mom, Heather, she's about 27 here, this was taken soon before her disappearance.

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_005213.jpg
    IMG_20221130_005213.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I
My name is Anne Barron, but I was born Baby Girl Shelton on September 15, 1970 and placed for adoption at birth by my mother, Heather Mary Guy, with the Orange County Office of Adoptions in Southern California. I have only come to find out who my biological parents were in the last few years after doing my DNA testing through 23andMe. It took about 6 months of research to actually find my parents, but I found both of their names and soon after made contact with my biological dad. 2 weeks after speaking with him for the first time we met in person. Sadly I was able to put some closure on my mom, Heather Mary Guy after finding out about her disappearance. I continue to have a relationship with both my father and my half siblings, as well as with my mom's brother, Stuart Evans. According to my Uncle Stuart, my grandma Virginia, was never the same after my mom's disappeared. Sadly my grandma passed away before I ever knew who she was. Heres a picture of my mom, Heather, she's about 27 here, this was taken soon before her disappearance.

Reactions: nao
Thank you so much for sharing you
The Columbia, 17 Feb 83, pg 14
View attachment 388085

Map showing Washougal, where co-worker said he dropped her off at 3 AM after work
View attachment 388086
Thank you so much for this information. You have no idea how much it means to me. I've known my whole life I was adopted, but I've only known in the last few years that Heather is my biological mother. I cherish every little piece of information I find out about her because it brings me closer to knowing who she was. Thank you!

Thank you so much for this information. You have no idea how much it means to me. I've known my whole life I was adopted, but I've only known in the last few years that Heather is my biological mother. I cherish every little piece of information I find out about her because it brings me closer to knowing who she was. Thank you!

It must be agonising, having tracked down your parents only to find that one of them is missing.

Did your father have any theories as to what happened?

It must be agonising, having tracked down your parents only to find that one of them is missing.

Did your father have any theories as to what happened?
No. It's an interesting story. My parents met when they were im high school in Southern California, my mom 16, and my dad 18. My mom got pregnant so my dad tried to do the right thing, which he thought was to find a job and some place for them to live. His dad lived in Michigan at the time so my dad decided to head out to Michigan and try to get things set up for my mom to move out there. In the meantime, my grandma had other plans for my mom. According to my dad at some point he called to check on my mom and to see how the pregnancy was progressing. What he didn't expect was my mom telling him that she miscarried and there was no baby. Period. End of story. Or so he thought.

My dad was in Michigan by this time and decided he had nothing to go back to in California so he got on with life. Eventually getting married and divorced a few times over the years and went on to have more kids years later (I have twin half sisters a few years younger than me and a younger half brother, all who I've talked to and look forward to meeting someday.) My dad said he thought about my mom over the years and always wondered how life would have been different if my mom and him had started their little family all those years ago.

I was born 9/15/1970 in Garden Grove and placed in foster care immediately after I was born and within a month was placed with my adoptive parents, one year later my adoption was final.

My biological mom went on with her life as well, eventually moving to Camas Washington with her grandparents. I think my biological parents connected several times in the years after I was born, but my mom kept to her miscarriage story and my dad never knew I existed. He heard she had disappeared but really only knew what he heard through friends. He still speaks fondly of her all these years later and tells me what a good person she was, just wish i could have found out for myself.

No. It's an interesting story. My parents met when they were im high school in Southern California, my mom 16, and my dad 18. My mom got pregnant so my dad tried to do the right thing, which he thought was to find a job and some place for them to live. His dad lived in Michigan at the time so my dad decided to head out to Michigan and try to get things set up for my mom to move out there. In the meantime, my grandma had other plans for my mom. According to my dad at some point he called to check on my mom and to see how the pregnancy was progressing. What he didn't expect was my mom telling him that she miscarried and there was no baby. Period. End of story. Or so he thought.

My dad was in Michigan by this time and decided he had nothing to go back to in California so he got on with life. Eventually getting married and divorced a few times over the years and went on to have more kids years later (I have twin half sisters a few years younger than me and a younger half brother, all who I've talked to and look forward to meeting someday.) My dad said he thought about my mom over the years and always wondered how life would have been different if my mom and him had started their little family all those years ago.

I was born 9/15/1970 in Garden Grove and placed in foster care immediately after I was born and within a month was placed with my adoptive parents, one year later my adoption was final.

My biological mom went on with her life as well, eventually moving to Camas Washington with her grandparents. I think my biological parents connected several times in the years after I was born, but my mom kept to her miscarriage story and my dad never knew I existed. He heard she had disappeared but really only knew what he heard through friends. He still speaks fondly of her all these years later and tells me what a good person she was, just wish i could have found out for myself.

Yes. You had a right to be able to find out for yourself. I do hope you had a decent childhood in your adoptive family.

Three o'clock in the morning is an awfully strange time to disappear voluntarily. I wonder if the person who gave her a ride home was fully cleared of suspicion.

Have you contacted police to find out about the investigation? They might give you some information as her daughter.

It might be a good idea to become a verified insider for the thread. It would mean that you could post facts without having to provide a link to show where you found the fact.

You are most welcome. Peace to you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back