Race: White female
Hair color: Brown

Eyes Color: Hazel
Height: 68.0
Weight: 100.0
Scars and Marks:
nothing

No photos disponible

Penny's vehicle was seen leaving her residence around 2 a.m. on April 1, 1984. She was reportedly dropped off at Orlando International Airport by a friend, but it was never confirmed whether she ever boarded a plane. She was never heard from again. Penny left behind a 14-year-old son. There was a reported history of domestic violence with her estranged husband, with whom she was going through divorce proceedings.

Did some digging on Penelope

05/24/84
Investigators said they have no evidence of foul play, but treating the disappearance as suspicious. Mollett who lived at home with her teen age son never has been known to stay away from home a long time. Investigators are searching for Mollett's car which they believe she was driving when she left home the night of April 1. Police said they do not know where she went. The car is a light metallic blue 1979 BMW 320i sedan with a sunroof and Florida tags.

Penny was married to a GBM, appears they lived in Oregon as well as Orlando. GBM had a bit of a LE issues involved in drug trafficking.

Will continue digging would like a better photo of Penny

Penelope Ratliff Mollett – The Charley Project

Penelope Ratliff Mollett
  • mollett_penelope.jpg
Mollett, circa 1984

• Missing Since04/01/1984
  • Missing FromOrlando, Florida
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth05/09/1952 (67)
  • Age31 years old
  • Height and Weight5'8, 100 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Mollett's nickname is Penny.
Details of Disappearance
Mollett was last seen in Orlando, Florida on April 1, 1984. Her vehicle, a metallic blue 1979 BMW 320i with a sunroof and the Florida license plate number IBV589, drove away from her residence in the 4600 block of Fern Drive at 2:00 a.m. She was reportedly dropped off by a friend at the Orlando International Airport, but it's unclear whether she actually boarded any flights. She has never been heard from again.

Mollett was going through a divorce at the time of her disappearance, and there was a history of domestic violence in her relationship with her estranged husband. She left behind a fourteen-year-old son. It's uncharacteristic of Mollett to be away from home for an extended time period. Her case remains unsolved

Her husband, George Bruce Mollett, died last year (Obituary for George B.... - Percell & Sons Funeral Home | Facebook). I am confident this is the correct man as year of birth and parents names match those on family trees on Ancestry which include his marriage to Penelope. Two children survive him, one of whom is, I think, the son mentioned when she went missing. I do not know whether the daughter was another child by Penelope or from a subsequent relationship.

Missing car and missing body means water searches need to be done. I wonder if any newspaper articles from back then mention what type searches were done. What bodies of water are near her home and where ever she was headed to. Did the "friend who dropped her off" actually drive her car or their own vehicle? If they drove their own vehicle, do they know where her vehicle was left? Hmmm.

Her husband, George Bruce Mollett, died last year (Obituary for George B.... - Percell & Sons Funeral Home | Facebook). I am confident this is the correct man as year of birth and parents names match those on family trees on Ancestry which include his marriage to Penelope. Two children survive him, one of whom is, I think, the son mentioned when she went missing. I do not know whether the daughter was another child by Penelope or from a subsequent relationship.

Orlando Sentinel, 12 Jan 73, pg 26 - this seems to indicate dissolution of the marriage
1694726147913.png

Missing car and missing body means water searches need to be done. I wonder if any newspaper articles from back then mention what type searches were done. What bodies of water are near her home and where ever she was headed to. Did the "friend who dropped her off" actually drive her car or their own vehicle? If they drove their own vehicle, do they know where her vehicle was left? Hmmm.
Agree but for those searches you need the location she left, I can't find what city "4600 block of Fern Drive" is unless it's Fern Pine Drive in Orlando?
I did find an address in Deerfield Beach for a Penelope Mollett at the age she would be now but idk how reliable that is, is it possible she's alive and escaped the situation she was in?

Hopefully she's alive and well out there.

I notice there is another missing person's case one day earlier elsewhere in Florida of a man who was also headed to an airport and never seen again, MP111308. Different city, different airport, so probably just a coincidence, but it's interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back