Found Deceased WA - Linda Moore, 29, Seattle, 29 October 1990

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

A photograph of Linda has been added to her NamUs profile.

I think you are correct! I will delete my post.

Hmm, it says she was from Charlotte, North Carolina and was age 40, with the middle initial of C. I think that would be a different Linda than the missing woman from Seattle? Linda L. would be now 58.

It looks like Linda C. Moore's remains were identified:
Identified! DE - Dover, Skeletal remains found in woods, Jun'17 - Linda Moore

Sorry for the misinformation. It won't let me edit my post.

*Bump*

There really isn't much info on Linda Lee Moore online. It's practically nothing. I would like to know some more about the circumstances of her disappearanc, like is she considered a runaway, victim of a crime, a late GRK victim, or did she just decide to take off and start over (just naming a few examples)?

Linda Lee Moore - Washington Missing Person Directory

Linda Lee Moore Went Missing In Seattle Washington in October 1990

Missing
Last seen alive: October 29, 1990 at 12:43

First Name: Linda Lee
Middle Name: Lee
Last Name: Moore
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 30
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 64.0
Weight: 115.0
State: Washington
County: King
Appearance
Hair: Black
Eye: Green
Scars And Marks: 2' scar R forearm

Clothing and Accessories

Transportation

*Bump*

There really isn't much info on Linda Lee Moore online. It's practically nothing. I would like to know some more about the circumstances of her disappearanc, like is she considered a runaway, victim of a crime, a late GRK victim, or did she just decide to take off and start over (just naming a few examples)?

Linda Lee Moore - Washington Missing Person Directory

Linda Lee Moore Went Missing In Seattle Washington in October 1990

Missing
Last seen alive: October 29, 1990 at 12:43

First Name: Linda Lee
Middle Name: Lee
Last Name: Moore
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 30
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 64.0
Weight: 115.0
State: Washington
County: King
Appearance
Hair: Black
Eye: Green
Scars And Marks: 2' scar R forearm

Clothing and Accessories

Transportation

Police Say Serial Murderer At Work In 3 Counties | The Seattle Times

Linda Moore is mentioned in this Seattle Times article.

No one is saying any of the murders since 1985 are the work of the Green River serial killer, but whoever is doing the killing shares some habits with the notorious murderer: he abducts mostly prostitutes, kills them, and leaves their bodies in rural areas.

The 12 missing women are: Virginia Rambus, 19; Diane Robbins, 13; Patricia Barczak, 19; Doris Mulhern, 21; Darci Warde, 16; Erin MacGregor, 18; Jami Sherer, 26; Deborah Wims, 31; Linda Moore, 29; Heather Kinchen, 14; Nguyet Thu Phung, 19; and Cora McGuirk, 22.

Rambus, Robbins, MacGregor, Sherer and Phung had no known connection to prostitution, said Tom Jensen, the King County detective who does much of the day-to-day tracking of the women.

Found this from the old (and archived) Green River Killer page, where Linda is listed as a possible victim:

Name: Linda Moore
Date of Disappearance: October 29th, 1990
Location of Disappearance: Seattle, Washington
Date Found: Never Found
Location Found: Never Found

——————————————–

Linda was born sometime in 1959 or 1960. Very little information is available. Linda had a history of prostitution.

Linda went missing on October 29th, 1990. She had disappeared from Seattle, Washington. Linda has never been found.

Linda is included as a possible connection to Gary Ridgway due to the date and location of her disappearance. In addition, many victims of Gary Ridgway had a history of prostitution. It should be noted that Green River detectives have never commented publicly on the case. It is possible that investigators have eliminated any connection between Linda and Gary Ridgway.

On a side note,
Patricia Barczak, 19
Patricia's partial remains were found in 1993, and Ridgway confessed to her murder in 2003.

Erin MacGregor, 18
Erin's partial remains were found in 2001 and identified in 2013.

Erin MacGregor's WS thread:
WA - WA - Erin MacGregor, 18, Redmond, 19 Sept 1990

Deborah Wims, 31
Deborah is the sister of Cheryl Wims, who disappeared in 1983 and was found in 1984, another Ridgway victim.
Deborah is still missing.

Deborah Wims' WS thread:
WA - WA - Deborah Wims, 32, Seattle, 25 Oct 1990

Heather Kinchen, 14
Heather was found a few months after she disappeared. Her murder is connected to two other murders happening at the same time. Ridgway has denied being responsible for these murders, but he still considered a suspect.

Existing WS threads for the remaining missing girls:

Virginia Rambus:
WA - WA - Virginia 'Anne' Rambus, 19, Seattle, 20 May 1985

Diane Robbins:
WA - WA - Diane Nguyen Robbins, 13, Seattle, 18 June 1985

Darci Warde:
WA - WA - Darci Warde, 16, Seattle, 24 April 1990

Jami Sherer:
Deceased/Not Found - WA - Jami Sherer, 26, Redmond, 30 Sept 1990 * S. Sherer guilty*

Nguyet Thu Phung:
WA - WA - Nguyet Thu Phung, 19, Lynnwood, 9 May 1991

Cora McGuirk:
WA - WA – Cora McGuirk, 22, Seattle, 8 July 1991

WS thread for Gary Ridgway, a.k.a Green River Killer:
WA - WA - GARY RIDGWAY - Green River Serial Killer

Found this from the old (and archived) Green River Killer page, where Linda is listed as a possible victim:

Name: Linda Moore
Date of Disappearance: October 29th, 1990
Location of Disappearance: Seattle, Washington
Date Found: Never Found
Location Found: Never Found

——————————————–

Linda was born sometime in 1959 or 1960. Very little information is available. Linda had a history of prostitution.

Linda went missing on October 29th, 1990. She had disappeared from Seattle, Washington. Linda has never been found.

Linda is included as a possible connection to Gary Ridgway due to the date and location of her disappearance. In addition, many victims of Gary Ridgway had a history of prostitution. It should be noted that Green River detectives have never commented publicly on the case. It is possible that investigators have eliminated any connection between Linda and Gary Ridgway.
I see now I forgot to add the link to this information:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140217004151/http://greenriverkillings.com/linda-moore/

Detectives are seeking information about a woman who went missing in Seattle more than 30 years ago, after her remains were found in March of this year.

In late October 1990, 29-year-old Linda Moore was reported missing by her family in North Seattle. In March 2022, human remains were located in a remote wilderness area in Snohomish County. The remains were eventually identified as Linda through dental records.

The Seattle Police Department is asking anyone with any information about Linda’s disappearance and death to contact detectives. Please call Detectives Norton and LaClaire in the Homicide Unit at (206) 684-5550 or call the Tip Line at (206) 233-5000.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back