Nanette Fabray, star of stage, screen, and TV, dies at 97

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Nanette Fabray, star of stage, screen and TV, dies at 97

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Nanette Fabray, the vivacious actress, singer and dancer who became a star in Broadway musicals, on television as Sid Caesar's comic foil and in such hit movies as "The Band Wagon," has died at age 97.

Fabray died Thursday at her home in Palos Verdes Estates, her son, Dr. Jamie MacDougall, told The Associated Press. He said the cause was old age...

https://my.xfinity.com/articles/new...nette-Fabray-b5fd?cid=featuredTV_media_oneday

A friend from high school is a theater manager and invited Ms. Fabray to his home for dinner whenever she performed at his place. He was reminiscing today about what a kind, thoughtful and talented person she was.

I remember her from my younger days - she was a very talented lady. And wow, she lived to 97 years old....that’s amazing. RIP Nanette.

97! Amazing!

I will always remember her from shows like One Day at a Time and The Hollywood Squares.

:rose: RIP Nanette :rose:

Wow - 97 - I remember her from "Caesar's Hour" with Sid Caesar - used to have some episodes on VHS many years ago.

RIP

Fabray, who was herself hearing impaired, was an advocate for education and assistance of the deaf and hearing impaired. She traveled and lobbied extensively to implement sign language interpretation and on television. At the time she received the award, she had been appointed by then-House Speaker Tip O’Neill to the U.S. Senate Commission on Education and the Deaf.

https://www.sagaftra.org/sag-aftra-mourns-passing-nanette-fabray

I didn't know about her hearing impairment and her activism for others with hearing impairments. We need more celebrities like Ms. Fabray!

RIP :rose:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998