KS - Suspicious Man with Blonde Boy in Car, Paola, 21 Feb 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Paola police officers search for suspicious vehicle[/h]
PAOLA - Paola police officers are searching for a suspicious vehicle after the driver reportedly followed two young girls who were walking their dog at the Ursuline Sisters campus on the afternoon of Feb. 21.

Kathy Mastalsz said two of her foster children, ages 12 and 13, were walking their new dog on the Ursuline grounds at about 1:20 p.m. Feb. 21 when they realized that an older model silver four-door vehicle with Kansas plates was slowly following them.

The girls reportedly started walking faster on the sidewalk, but the car continued to pursue them, and when they looked over they saw the driver motion for them to come to the vehicle.
http://www.republic-online.com/brea...cle_d67a361b-fb81-5441-bce2-28da9721a103.html

According to a news release from the department, a 12-year-old and 13-year-old told police a man in an older silver or white four-door passenger car approached them and asked them to get in.

The driver was described as a heavyset, white male in his 50s with black hair.

The juveniles told police a young boy was inside the vehicle and mouthed the words "Help Me."

The incident happened around 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Police searched the area, but could not find the man.

If you have more information about the case, contact Paola police at 913-259-3640.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/37561701/teens-tell-police-suspicious-man-approached-them-in-paola

cache.php

https://www.facebook.com/PaolaPolice/posts/2033366480254306

Okay, this story creeps the bejeebies out of me. There's a lot here to discuss as it might relate to the case of missing Lucas Hernandez in Kansas. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ichita-17-Feb-2018-5-*Arrest*&highlight=lucas

If this is, in fact, related to Lucas, how? Who might this man be?

There is one thing that really bothers me about the incident, though. My just-turned-five-yr-old wouldn't have the sense to "mouth" the words, "help me." If he felt threatened, he'd start telling everybody about wanting to go home. I'm sure there are different levels of maturity, so I'd be interested if anyone has a different opinion about that. It would also really be interesting to know if this would be how Lucas might behave.

Okay, this story creeps the bejeebies out of me. There's a lot here to discuss as it might relate to the case of missing Lucas Hernandez in Kansas. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ichita-17-Feb-2018-5-*Arrest*&highlight=lucas

There is one thing that really bothers me about the incident, though. My just-turned-five-yr-old wouldn't have the sense to "mouth" the words, "help me." If he felt threatened, he'd start telling everybody about wanting to go home. I'm sure there are different levels of maturity, so I'd be interested if anyone has a different opinion about that. It would also really be interesting to know if this would be how Lucas might behave.

I have more of the thought that this man having a little kid in the car would make the girls feel more trusting and that's why he had him with him. I'm not sure of what the little boy mouthed to them. It's hard to accurately read lips. Seems strange all the way around.

I so hope there are security cameras somewhere in the vicinity. This little boy could be Lucas, as the man could have dyed Lucas’ hair. Or he is someone’s missing child...MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like Lucas has been through so much in his little life, that he would ask for help...MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have more of the thought that this man having a little kid in the car would make the girls feel more trusting and that's why he had him with him. I'm not sure of what the little boy mouthed to them. It's hard to accurately read lips.

RSBM
I agree 100% on both your statements.

JMO, I don't think this is Lucas at all.

I feel like if it was, EG would be talking by now. She would say SOMETHING. She's not talking at all, IMO because the police have nothing to go on. Also, it is a "criminal investigation" with Lucas, which means LE likely has enough information to prove that she did something to harm Lucas.

I think the focus really needs to be on missing boys from that specific area.

I hope this turns out to be all about two girls with active imaginations.

There are several issues with this story. The girls claim they saw the driver motion to them to come over, but also that they did NOT go near the car. So.....how could they then see a small child inside the car, much less read his lips from a distance. It is difficult for a trained and experienced lip reader who depends upon that method for communication to determine what someone is saying precisely, ESPECIALLY when only two syllables are said. For instance, the words "help me" look EXACTLY like the word "happy" and very similar to "hungry" and just for a few more examples.....the same mouth movements also match "elbow" and "apple" and "open" and many more two syllable words. Experienced lip readers depend on context and facial expressions and hand gestures etc. to help them interpret actual content of speech, and they still do not always get it right.

I have more of the thought that this man having a little kid in the car would make the girls feel more trusting and that's why he had him with him. I'm not sure of what the little boy mouthed to them. It's hard to accurately read lips. Seems strange all the way around.

I agree with all this, especially the part bolded by me.

There are several issues with this story. The girls claim they saw the driver motion to them to come over, but also that they did NOT go near the car. So.....how could they then see a small child inside the car, much less read his lips from a distance. It is difficult for a trained and experienced lip reader who depends upon that method for communication to determine what someone is saying precisely, ESPECIALLY when only two syllables are said. For instance, the words "help me" look EXACTLY like the word "happy" and very similar to "hungry" and just for a few more examples.....the same mouth movements also match "elbow" and "apple" and "open" and many more two syllable words. Experienced lip readers depend on context and facial expressions and hand gestures etc. to help them interpret actual content of speech, and they still do not always get it right.

I had the same thoughts.
I am also of the mind that if they were indeed close enough to make out his lip movements, they surely would have noticed his unusual teeth and mentioned that.

Okay, it sounds like we're more or less on the same page that this suspicious man was either a random creep or not as nefarious as the girls thought. However.... what if it does have something to do with Lucas?... I'm just throwing thoughts out there for consideration and discussion.

Scenario 1 - EG gets overwhelmed with trying to move with a couple of toddlers, and calls a man (maybe even a smoking man) to come bring her a fix of whatever she might need a fix of. When she passes out (takes a nap), he takes Lucas for whatever reason (shudder) and ends up three hours away in Paola.

Scenario 2 - Lucas really does just walk out of the house during her nap. A random man picks him up and takes him to Paola.

Scenario 3 - EG or someone close to Lucas owes the man for something, and he takes Lucas.

Can anyone think of a scenario where EG would be driving this man's car for any reason?

Sorry. I have a habit of thinking outside the box. I'm usually not right when this happens -- it usually ends up being the obvious answer. But sometimes thinking outside the box can move things along when they're stuck.

I should probably wait until tomorrow to present these ideas to see what happens in court with EG.

If even a true story, this has nothing to do with Lucas. Too far fetched imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back