Found Deceased OH - Boy, 6, Shelby County, 25 Feb 2018

I've found little on the news so far. We've had widespread flooding overnight and today. Praying this child is found alive!

A 6-year-old boy fell into the Great Miami River this evening while he was playing with a friend along the riverbank, Shelby County Sheriff’s Sgt. Aaron Steinke said.

Crews were called around 5:45 p.m. to the river behind the Pasco trailer park in the 5000 block of state Route 29. Rescuers have boats in the water, and have every bridge covered south from Sidney to the Miami County line, the sergeant said.

http://www.whio.com/news/local/wate...s-child-shelby-county/suB7xHqCTkolgaOqQRacpI/

Well, there's no way I see this ending well. How awful. :(

Well, there's no way I see this ending well. How awful. :(

There were flood warnings since last night. I can't believe he and another child were allowed to play there.

Ugh...I don't understand why they were playing there. Anyone have pictures of the area? I'm just curious what it's like.

Ugh...I don't understand why they were playing there. Anyone have pictures of the area? I'm just curious what it's like.

I tried to find it on google satellite but I'm not sure exactly where it is. He lives in a trailer park in Pasco, near Sidney. Close to rt 29.

a portion of the ground under where they were playing gave way and he fell in, so it does not sound like he was at the water's edge right as a storm was coming in. Lawsuit much?

a portion of the ground under where they were playing gave way and he fell in, so it does not sound like he was at the water's edge right as a storm was coming in. Lawsuit much?

This happened to my sister and me when we were little (1 1/2 and 3); the bank gave out and I went in. My mother went in after me, tossed me up on the bank and this motion forced her back down. She resurfaced to find my sister shaking me and yelling that I had killed out mother.

My heart breaks for this little guys family. It really can happen even when you think you are a safe distance away. Of course the river we were on was not swollen from rain, but I think sometimes it is hard to tell?

This happened to my sister and me when we were little (1 1/2 and 3); the bank gave out and I went in. My mother went in after me, tossed me up on the bank and this motion forced her back down. She resurfaced to find my sister shaking me and yelling that I had killed out mother.

My heart breaks for this little guys family. It really can happen even when you think you are a safe distance away. Of course the river we were on was not swollen from rain, but I think sometimes it is hard to tell?

It was bad everywhere Pink. Deep and rushing. It took my hubby and I all afternoon to repair our driveway. Ruts 2 feet deep and 100 feet long. Imagine the force of that water at flood stage.

RIP Rylan Feruson :rose:

It was bad everywhere Pink. Deep and rushing. It took my hubby and I all afternoon to repair our driveway. Ruts 2 feet deep and 100 feet long. Imagine the force of that water at flood stage.

RIP Rylan Feruson :rose:

Sounds horrible. I hope everything is back to normal soon for you and the area.

Is correcting my grammar really necessary in a thread like this???

I have got to agree AmyPond ... They were my exact thoughts too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back