Identified! NY - Wappinger, Female, 16-25, found in creek, Feb'18 - Ashanti Moore

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
WAPPINGER, NY — The New York State Police responded to a 911 call for a body found in a Wappinger Creek tributary stream Wednesday. The body of a woman was found partially submerged.
The woman is believed to have been about 5' 3" tall and between the ages of 16 and 25. Her weight prior to her death was believed to be roughly 89 pounds. She was found wearing white jeans, a pink t-shirt, a black button up sweater, and black and purple Merrell sneakers.

https://patch.com/new-york/midhudsonvalley/womans-body-found-wappinger-creek

attachment.php

Actual button from sweater of the deceased (Photo: State police/courtesy)

attachment.php

Photograph of shoes similar to those worn by the deceased (Photo: State police/courtesy)
attachment.php

Photograph of jeans similar to those worn by the deceased (Photo: State police/courtesy)

State police are looking for the public's help in identifying the body of a female who was found in Wappinger Creek tributary stream Tuesday.

When asked if there is any indication of the cause of death or any signs of foul play, state police spokesman Aaron Hicks said: "Both are still under investigation."

The forensic examination and autopsy are ongoing and more information will be provided when it's available, police said.

The location at which the unidentified female was found is "accessible from Maloney Road in the town of Wappinger near the LaGrange town line," police said.
Anyone with information "regarding the incident or information that may lead to the identification of the victim" are asked to contact Troop K headquarters at 845-677-7300. All calls can be kept confidential.
https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com.../female-body-found-dutchess-stream/383648002/

Attachments

• 636554448296127643-buttonMaloneyRdbodyfound022818.PNG
    636554448296127643-buttonMaloneyRdbodyfound022818.PNG
    150.1 KB · Views: 588
  • 636554448624197746-MerrellShoesMaloneyRdbodyfound.jpg
    636554448624197746-MerrellShoesMaloneyRdbodyfound.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 636554448623573742-whitejeansMaloneyRdbodyfound022818-1-.jpg
    636554448623573742-whitejeansMaloneyRdbodyfound022818-1-.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 584
[h=1]Body of Mystery Woman Weighing Only 89 Pounds Found Partially Submerged in New York Creek[/h]Investigators said it’s not clear how she died, nor have they indicated whether they suspect foul play. The forensic examination and autopsy are ongoing.
Neighbors say their town is usually quiet, and that they're disturbed by the gruesome discovery in the wooded and muddy area down the road.

Anyone with information that may help identify the woman is asked to call Troop K Headquarters at (845) 677-7300.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...dentified-Womans-Mystery-Death-475503563.html

Some pics where she was found

Attachments

• Knipsel2.JPG
    Knipsel2.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Knipsel.JPG
    Knipsel.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 92
I'm not sure about the white trousers....we usually wear them in summertime...not in February. Could she be coming from warmer parts in the US or another (warmer) country?

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/missing/index.htm#/missing-child/1639

Missing from Binghamton New York, since 02/06/2018

HAILEYANN R KOSKEY CRAWLEY

cache.php

DOB: 11/12/2001
Sex: Female
HGT: 5'03"
WGT: 90 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Race: White

Haileyann is a runaway and may travel to Woodridge or Cuddebackville. She was last seen wearing a hoodie and jeans and may have dyed her hair orange or blonde.

Fits in the stats, also her maybe traveling movements...checked Namus, she is not on there.....we have to wait for more info from the autopsy/investigation.

Attachments

• Knipsel3.JPG
    Knipsel3.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 67
Merrells are common shoes worn by hikers. Any missing hikers? Her weight could be due to being out in the elements for a sustained amount of time leading to weight loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merrells are common shoes worn by hikers. Any missing hikers? Her weight could be due to being out in the elements for a sustained amount of time leading to weight loss.

Would you hike with white trousers on? Think not IMO

Under "Other distinctive
physical characteristics" it says "small ears".

That's a strange thing to note, IMO. I wonder if this woman/teen had a health issue that made her so thin with small ears?
Meier-Gorlin is a possibility if there were other indicators. Could be a chromosome disorder. But this is rare, and other indicators would have to be present.

And if you are 89 pounds you probably aren’t feeling up for a hike.

I’m a wilderness backpacker so it was something I noticed. Sorry I said anything. Didn’t mean anything other than to offer a suggestion

I’m a wilderness backpacker so it was something I noticed. Sorry I said anything. Didn’t mean anything other than to offer a suggestion
It was a great observation! Keep them coming!

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/missing/index.htm#/missing-child/1639

Missing from Binghamton New York, since 02/06/2018

HAILEYANN R KOSKEY CRAWLEY

cache.php

DOB: 11/12/2001
Sex: Female
HGT: 5'03"
WGT: 90 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Race: White

Haileyann is a runaway and may travel to Woodridge or Cuddebackville. She was last seen wearing a hoodie and jeans and may have dyed her hair orange or blonde.

Fits in the stats, also her maybe traveling movements...checked Namus, she is not on there.....we have to wait for more info from the autopsy/investigation.

I found Haileyann's social media and it's been updated regularly and recently. It doesn't appear to be her, but I wouldn't rule her out completely since social media always needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Another thing too that I have a theory about is that if she was 89 pounds, 1. Did she have an eating disorder?? 2. Was there some kind of abuse?? and 3. Is she naturally thin like that??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Looked it up...MYC is regulator gene with a role in genetic conditions. Perhaps she suffered with a genetic condition leading to small ears and being likely hearing impaired. I'm thinking more likely genetically predisposed being so skinny, too. Her poor heart could've given out at that weight.
I'd check the local mom and pop long term care facilities and fosters in the area for developmentally challenged people...

Another clue to ponder-- it says she had a "paper with MYC written on it"

For one Myc (c-Myc) is a regulator gene that codes for a transcription factor. The protein encoded by this gene is a multifunctional, nuclear phosphoprotein that plays a role in cell cycle progression, apoptosis and cellular transformation.[SUP][5][/SUP] It has a role in cancer for what I understand.

Could explain her weight. But why put in on a paper and like that.

Sorry, just missed you post CoffeeAD

No offence meant. Keep posting...

For one Myc (c-Myc) is a regulator gene that codes for a transcription factor. The protein encoded by this gene is a multifunctional, nuclear phosphoprotein that plays a role in cell cycle progression, apoptosis and cellular transformation.[SUP][5][/SUP] It has a role in cancer for what I understand.

Could explain her weight. But why put in on a paper and like that.

Sorry, just missed you post CoffeeAD

Maybe she had just received a diagnosis and wrote it down?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back