TX - Tiffany & Anthony Strait, shot to death in front of their 3 kids

StephanieH

Reaction score
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article202487739.html

Tiffany Strait (30) and her husband, Anthony, were shot to death by their neighbor's son while they were helping their neighbor move furniture. The shooter was a family practice doctor.

Rudy Soto says he heard six shots.

“I heard this voice ... ‘Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!’,” the neighbor told ABC 12. “Then I heard two more shots, and the voice stopped,” Soto said.

The married couple was killed Sunday by Robert Edward Fadal II outside the gated home, authorities said. The family physician, 56, allegedly walked outside the house in Seguin, Texas (about 37 miles east of San Antonio) and started shooting Tiffany Leann Strait, 30, and Anthony Ray Strait, 27, the San Antonio Express-News reported.

Anthony Strait died at the scene, authorities said. Tiffany Strait later died at the hospital, the Seguin Gazette reported.

The shooting has stunned the people who knew both the Straits and Fadal.

“I think something like this is unusual for any type of neighborhood,” Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Craig Jones told FOX 29.

It happened while the couple was helping Fadal’s mother clean out the garage and move furniture at Fadal’s property, where she lives, the Seguin Gazette reported. The Straits lived nearby and were lending a helping hand, the newspaper said.

Straits
Authorities say Tiffany Leann Strait and her husband Anthony Ray Strait were shot and killed by a doctor on Sunday in Seguin, Texas.
Screenshot from Facebook
Suddenly, Fadal left the home with a rifle and opened fire in front of the couple’s three young sons, authorities said, ABC 12 reported. The children are now with family members, the news station said.

Straits children
Authorities say a couple’s three young sons watched as their parents were gunned down by a doctor outside his home.
Screenshot from Facebook
Soto told ABC 12 he’d known Anthony since he was a child and that Fadal is “one of the nicest persons (you could meet).”

Anthony’s brother, James Strait, described Fadal as a normal guy and told FOX 29 he has no idea how this could have happened.

“I just want to know why,” Strait said.

Authorities haven’t revealed a motive behind the shooting, FOX 29 reported.

“At this time, there are no indications there was a feud, disturbance or anything precipitating or justifying the shooting,” Jones said.

Fadal remains jailed on a charge of capital murder of multiple persons, the Express-News reported. He could face the death penalty if convicted of capital murder, FOX 29 said.

Thanks for posting this link Stephanie. I read about this the other day and it sounds so odd, apparently both families were friendly. This couple was helping Fadal’s mother out and he shot them for apparently no reason. Their poor kids witnessed the murder which makes it even more awful.

I'm wondering if there was something in the garage for them to see/find that shouldn't have been there........

This is so strange. Something must have happened to make the Dr. feel he needed to get rid of them. I wonder what they found. I'm thinking pics of him doing something bad.

This is even worse than initially reported.
https://www.ksat.com/news/seguin-doctor-charged-in-shooting-deaths-of-couple-has-license-suspended

SEGUIN, Texas - The Texas Medical Board has suspended the license of a Seguin doctor days after he was charged in the shooting deaths of a couple who had come to the doctor's home to help his mother move some furniture.

A board spokeswoman says the panel on Thursday suspended the license of Robert Fadal II, a 56-year-old family medicine doctor.

'I just want to know why': Brother reflects on life of couple gunned down Sunday
Guadalupe County couple killed in double shooting ID'd; family doctor charged
Here's everything we know about the 3 inmates who escaped the Bexar County Jail
The board determined that he "poses a continuing threat to public welfare."

The Guadalupe County sheriff's office says 27-year-old Anthony Strait was shot moments after exiting his truck Sunday to assist Fadal's mother.

Strait's wife, 30-year-old Tiffany Strait, was shot as she rushed to her injured husband, officials say.

Authorities say the couple's three young sons were in the truck during the shooting.

Online jail records don't indicate an attorney for Fadal.

so weird. :rose: :rose:

Those poor children. My heart goes out to them. This will take a very long time for them to recover from...if ever...:cry:

Those poor babies :--(

I wonder what in the world possessed him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if this is drug and or pharmacy related. Or prescription related. I wonder if he popped positive for any substance...

When I first read this a though occurred to me that they were helping "his mother" move furniture. Maybe she was kicking the son out or perhaps she was moving out. I mean they did say he was living with his mother. Could he just recently went through a seperation, divorce, legal battle from work? Those are the factors that I would suspect. If he's not talking, I am leaning to it be something with family. JMO MOO

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Do we know if he was still practicing? Wonder what the mother has told them. They will look into his past to see if there were calls to that address. Or if he has a record? MOO

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Scary. We usually think of doctors as competent.

Usually they are - not only are they intelligent, diligent and motivated enough to have gotten a good education and career in a competitive field, they're also under a lot of oversight. But I think (relatively) easy access to prescription drugs can get some of them, for one thing. That would be my first thought. However it's not impossible for even the most intelligent and educated people to suffer untreated/uncontrolled mental illness, or even just be plain evil. So my mind is fairly open on this...

*I'm wondering, like other posters, if there wasn't some unsavoury evidence the Straits might have seen or he feared they had seen among the stuff being moved ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back