Convicting a Murderer

missy1974

Reaction score
http://www.slashfilm.com/making-a-murderer-sequel/

Making a Murderer became a cultural phenomenon when it hit Netflix in 2015. Audiences obsessed over the true crime series, desperate to know the truth about what happened to Teresa Halbach, and if Steven Avery was truly guilty of the crime. Now the Steven Avery story will continue with Convicting a Murderer, a Making a Murderer sequel series that will present a whole new side of the case.

Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos’ documentary series Making a Murderer received a lot of acclaim, but it also garnered a fair share of criticism. Many contended that Making a Murderer presented a one-sided story clearly intended to benefit accused murderer Steven Avery. Now, Convicting a Murderer will attempt to tell a different side of the story.

The series comes from documentary filmmaker Shawn Rech. Rech will have “unprecedented access to District Attorney Ken Kratz, Lead Investigator Tom Fassbender, and other major players in State v. Avery.”

The documentary has not been made yet, and as far as I know it hasn't been picked up by any network yet.

Now... here is something cool.... you can submit a question!

http://www.transitionstudios.com/submit-a-question.html

ETA: thanks to ArmchairDetective74 that posted in another thread about this, I just started a new thread to discuss :)

My thoughts....

It may be an interesting show, I don't want to hear anything more from Kratz personally haha I hope they ask the hard questions, I hope that whoever is doing the interviewing has done their research and they ask the hard questions.

I like that questions can be submitted, even if they aren't specifically used or asked, I hope it forces the people making the documentary to wonder why certain questions are being asked and again, forces them to research.

My question I would want answered.... who unlocked the RAV4 door, and how did they do it? How was the rear cargo door opened? (okay, that was 2 questions lol)

I think the target audience will probably be the average viewer, not the hardcore Avery-supporter. If stuff like the hole in the tube, the cut tape, the DNA on the key get the explanations they had at trial and thereafter then many of the average viewers I think well have second thoughts about Making a Murderer.

It's difficult to imagine what value this will have until the appeals play out. I already have a good handle on the arguments on either side.

It's difficult to imagine what value this will have until the appeals play out. I already have a good handle on the arguments on either side.

Me too! and I don't think anyone that has already planted themselves on either side of the fence will be hopping over, at this point, those of us that have stuck it out all this time have our beliefs and there probably isn't much that can change our minds.

Me too! and I don't think anyone that has already planted themselves on either side of the fence will be hopping over, at this point, those of us that have stuck it out all this time have our beliefs and there probably isn't much that can change our minds.

The best I can hope for is that it won't be a fictional account like the REELZ presentation.

From what I have read, this will actually be a documentary, as opposed to propaganda . That means the makers don't get involved with the subjects and remain neutral. I've read some disturbing comments from SA supporters on the documentarians social media accounts because they're very upset that this is being made and I kept envisioning Jack Nicholson screaming at them "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" :)

From what I have read, this will actually be a documentary, as opposed to propaganda . That means the makers don't get involved with the subjects and remain neutral. I've read some disturbing comments from SA supporters on the documentarians social media accounts because they're very upset that this is being made and I kept envisioning Jack Nicholson screaming at them "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" :)

That's good to hear. I also was under the impression that it was going to be a pro-State piece, especially given the title and the confirmed involvement of Kratz (and Fassbender?) but no B&S afaik... or Zellner

That's good to hear. I also was under the impression that it was going to be a pro-State piece, especially given the title and the confirmed involvement of Kratz (and Fassbender?) but no B&S afaik... or Zellner

Is this being produced by anyone from law enforcement or the prosecution in this case?

No.

Does anyone associated with the Avery or Dassey cases - on either side - have creative control, final cut, or any control over the storytelling?

No.

Did anyone associated with the original case fund this docu-series?

No.

Will Avery and Dassey's attorneys be included in this project?

Steven and Brendan's attorneys, both past and present, will be invited and can participate if they wish.

Will viewers hear from police or prosecutors from the original case?

Yes, many have agreed to sit for interviews for the first time.

more can be found here: http://www.transitionstudios.com/convicting-a-murderer.html

I'm looking forward to it myself, just hope that whoever is doing the interviewing is well informed before asking questions, and knows enough to ask follow up questions, regardless of who they are asking.

coo, I hope their attorneys will accept. Perhaps Strang and Buting will. I doubt Zellner will.

Transition Studios twitter:

https://twitter.com/TransitionCLE

They tweeted that they have interviewed Len...

What an interesting interview we had. We're still processing what we heard. This is Judge (and Lt. Col.) Len Kachinski. Brendan's first defense attorney.

Someone replied to their tweet with "Really looking forward to this interview and the whole documentary. Though MAM made him look incompetent, truth is Len was trying to get Brendan a lighter sentence and BD wd prolly be out by now" ... Transition Studios replied with "Not sure our interview will help Len"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back