Identified! PA - Allegheny Co, Female Remains in Backyard of Vacant Home, Feb 2018- Mary Arcuri

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=2]Contractors find woman's bones in backyard[/h]
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Contractors in Pittsburgh found the bones of a woman while building a deck during a house renovation project.

Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Alicia George says police responded to a 911 call Wednesday morning reporting what appeared to be skeletal human remains found in the backyard of a vacant house.

Officials suspect the remains are female.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office and forensic investigators were called to the scene, which was cleared by early afternoon.
https://hosted.ap.org/citizensvoice...083e52/contractors-find-womans-bones-backyard

Possible human remains found behind Garfield home

City police spokeswoman Alicia George said contractors working on the deck of a home in the 5400 block of Black Street made the discovery and called 911 around 9:38 a.m.

After Zone 5 police officers arrived, they notified the Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office, which sent forensics investigators to the scene.
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...nd-Garfield-Black-Street/stories/201802280169

20180228acHumanRemains01.jpg

A neighbor said the home has been under construction for about a year. No one is believed to have been living in the home during the construction.

While digging into the ground to build a new deck, contractors found the bones, which police believe belong to a woman.

“We do not have any info yet as to how long these bones have been there. We do not have any information as to how they ended up there,” said Pittsburgh Public Safety Department spokesperson Alicia George.
The site is on the edge of Garfield and East Liberty, just a block away from where the Wolfe sisters were found murdered years ago.
While police haven’t said if there’s a connection, the feeling is a bit too familiar for neighbors.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/02/28/garfield-remains-found-police-investigating/

Hopefully someone will get their name back
May they R.I.P

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

[h=1]Sources: Human Remains Found In Garfield Possibly Connected To 1950s Cold Case[/h]
Officials are now taking a serious look at whether the remains found are that of Marcella Krulce, a Bloomfield woman who disappeared nearly 60 years ago.

Sources indicate Krulce is the only individual who was missing from the Garfield/East Liberty area of the city at that time.
Retired Assistant Pittsburgh Police Chief Therese Rocco believes the fact that the body was buried indicates the victim was murdered, but Pittsburgh Police and the Allegheny County medical examiner have not yet determined the cause of death.

Forensics experts have not had enough time to officially identify the remains.
Rocco says she’s ready to help any way she can.

“My file, I’d be very happy to relinquish it and give it to whoever is investigating it,” she said.
Sources say homicide detectives will be going to Rocco’s home to pick up that file.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/03/02/garfield-human-remains-marcella-krulce-cold-case/

Someone posted a link in Marcella's thread that it's not her and they are now thinking it's a woman who lived at the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Sources: Garfield Human Remains May Be That Of Woman Allegedly Murdered By Husband[/h]
There was a roller coaster ride of emotions on Friday as police suspected they had found the remains of a woman who disappeared in 1959.

Turns out, it wasn’t her after all. However, it may be the remains of a woman who lived in the home decades ago, and investigators say she may have been murdered by her husband.

The remains were dug up in the house’s backyard this past Wednesday. Construction crews were putting in a deck when they made the gruesome discovery.

Police sources tell KDKA that they believe it could be the body of Mary Arcuri. She used to live in the home, but decades ago, Mary’s husband, Alfred Arcuri, told police his wife ran off with another man.

Alfred continued to raise the couple’s children. But about a year later, investigators say Alfred took his own life.
Police are now working on the possible theory that Alfred allegedly killed his wife and buried her in the backyard.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/03/02/garfield-black-street-human-remains-investigation/

•••• HOME 4SALE? ••••
Wow! I bet the current home owners are loving finding out all this & all the details getting published in the paper. They now own a murder/suicide house...*shakes head*...that’s going to be fun to flip & sell with current necessary disclosure laws...wonder how far the law states disclosure has to occur in that area..*shrugs*...(I presume flipping w/the new const+renov, just a presumption& not fact)...

•••• WHO DONE IT ••••
When I read of the bones find, the first thing I wondered was “I wonder who has gone missing or supposedly left that lived in that house”...I’m not familiar w/the area, so do not know about (but plan to check out next), the story of the “wolfe sisters”, or anything else having happened in that area...but, I was surprised that everyone jumped to the conclusion it was something else 1st & not a “look at who lived there previously situation”...

•••• KARMIC RETRIBUTION ••••
On the more macabre side of things, he killed his wife, buried her in the backyard (got away with it), continued to live there and raise his kids..(again on the macabre side)...humms...wonder if he was just a little bit haunted...considering he killed himself there a year later..(or maybe he had a bit of help in that regard..*muhahaha*)...sounds to me like he got what he deserved, if he was haunted...

Well he actually deserved more than mere haunting for killing his wife & leaving his kids motherless, but then, he wasn’t thinking/caring about the kids if he also took his own life, and left them as parentless/orphans of the state...

I hope that all the kids turned out all right, and that each had better, happier lives in the long term...

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories, views, and possible BIG Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to a direct origin source..Thanks!
The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Man believes discovery of woman's remains solves decades-long family mystery

PITTSBURGH — Charles Sberna grew up in Pittsburgh, but now he now lives in Beaver County. When he heard last week about a woman's skeletal remains unearthed in the backyard of a home on Black Street in the Garfield neighborhood, his mind flashed back more than half a century, CBS Pittsburgh reports. That's when he and his family lived in that same house with Mary Arcuri and her husband, Albert.

Mary disappeared in October of 1964.

Her husband told police she had run off with a man, and her family never heard from again.

Albert Arcuri, who was 40, died eight months after his wife vanished. His car smashed into a brick wall of an auto dealership on Baum Boulevard.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that the car was speeding, and left skid marks for 250 feet.

Officially, neither Pittsburgh Police, nor the Allegheny County Medical Examiner have positively identified the human remains found by construction workers last week.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pittsburgh-discovery-of-remains-solves-decades-long-family-mystery/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back