MA - Sara, 38, Madison, 8, James, 6, Michael Bermudez, 2, slain, W Brookfield, Mar'18 *Arrest*

DexterMorgan

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/tvnewzted/status/969642101209255936/photo/1

WEST BROOKFIELD, Mass. - Police continue to investigate the deaths of a woman and three children after their deceased bodies were found inside a West Brookfield home.

The bodies of an adult female, a 7-year-old girl, a 5-year-old boy and a 2-year-old boy were discovered on Thursday afternoon.

The autopsies were being performed on Friday afternoon, and authorities have not yet confirmed if a crime was committed in the home.

Investigators haven't disclosed much information regarding what happened, but, the initial police radio call seemed to indicate fire damage occurred in the home.

On Friday afternoon, an unidentified man attempted to run past the police yellow tape and into the home's garage where crime scene investigators were working.

The man was apprehended by several officers and taken out in handcuffs. Early says he has since been released from custody, and has only been identified as a family member.

"We did have a distraught family member who was placed in protective custody and has since been released but there have been no arrests in this case," said Early.

A New Hampshire woman who identified herself as the aunt of the deceased children told Boston 25 News she believes the father was in California on business when the bodies were discovered.

She also says the bodies were discovered by a grandfather who was called by the father to check in on the family when he couldn't reach them by phone.

Does anyone knows their names. Im actually surprised that no news agency has posted their names as of yet. Especially since the family has already been notified.

An audio recording of early police radio transmissions suggests it was a family member who found the bodies:

Call 1 (About 3:47 p.m.)

“He’s at that residence, he believes there’s three or four people in the house that are deceased. They appear to be burned.”

Call 2: (About 3:49 p.m.)

“Do we have any information on the reporting party?”

“The reporting party is a family member, the children inside are stepdaughter and grandchildren. He was called to check on the family, they haven’t been to school. When he entered the house, he found them all in different areas of the house.”

http://www.telegram.com/news/20180302/da-early-questions-remain-in-west-brookfield-deaths

How terrible, I will keep checking in here. Sounds like there is not much out there at the moment.

Where does the husband work? How much insurance is their policy for? This is unusually cruel and henious beyond measure. A gang, that stabs and burns children? Doubt has flooded me. A quadruple homicide while the father and husband was 3000 miles away. There are no words for what we've become as a species.

Some articles list James as age 6, and some say he was age 7. Please alert if it's confirmed that he was age 6 and I'll change the thread title. Thanks. If anyone can find the DOBs for all of the victims, that would be useful.

Where does the husband work? How much insurance is their policy for? This is unusually cruel and henious beyond measure. A gang, that stabs and burns children? Doubt has flooded me. A quadruple homicide while the father and husband was 3000 miles away. There are no words for what we've become as a species.

I think he works in California as an offshore worker.

But they owned a local bounce house business and even donated a bounce house to a Fire Dept Charity Event.

So I am surprised to hear that this could be a possible gang related type of thing. Smh

Some articles list James as age 6, and some say he was age 7. Please alert if it's confirmed that he was age 6 and I'll change the thread title. Thanks. If anyone can find the DOBs for all of the victims, that would be useful.

I got this from an article.

7-year-old Madison, 5-year-old James, or 2-year-old Michael

Idk.

I think he works in California as an offshore worker.

But they owned a local bounce house business and even donated a bounce house to a Fire Dept Charity Event.

So I am surprised to hear that this could be a possible gang related type of thing. Smh

Hi Dexter, could you please provide the link for this information about the father's job and the family business? I'm not quite caught up on all of the articles yet. Thank you!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ions-linger/UV7ezO0AmEziSORFjEasHJ/story.html
Rachaul Bermudez said her family is shocked and confused by the deaths and did not know what had happened. Her brother works as an offshoreman in California and takes frequent trips out of state for work, she said. As soon as he got the news, she said, he flew home and went to the police station.

“My brother was really enjoying being a father,” she said as she wept. “He was like a mentor to kids. When he had his own — I could see it. These little scenes of haircuts. The fishing. He had a plan. It’s all gone now.”

Moses Bermudez grew up just a few miles away in Warren and moved to California after high school, his sister said.

He met his wife, Sara, and the two decided to have children. But her brother found himself missing his family in Massachusetts, so about four years ago, they bought a gray Cape Cod-style house with a gabled roof and four bedrooms, and moved back.

“Instead of the kids living in downtown Los Angeles and concrete, he wanted them to go on a boat, and with a fishing pole,” she said. “He had a big house. He wanted to share it with everybody.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back