Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
:modstop:​

*** Before you post, be sure to READ and THANK this post and the one which follows.
=============

A fresh thread here, open for posting.

There will be zero tolerance for TOS violations, to include among other things:

1. Bullying other members
2. Addressing other members in a rude and degrading manner
3. Posting rumors
4. Posting "facts" without a legitimate, mainstream media or law enforcement source.
5. Posting suspicions and allegations about fellow members.
6. Abusing the private messaging feature to spread rumors and gossip, and to bully others.
7. Abusing the private messaging feature to draw members away from Websleuths. If you're a member of another group, so be it. Don't discuss it here. Leave the remarks and rumors where you find them.

If you lack the maturity to maintain courtesy and respect, and to exercise common sense, then you have no business posting on a public forum.

ETA: No screenshots or images are to be posted unless you include a link to the MSM source where you found them.

Copyright rule:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11371918

Warnings don't seem to be enough in here.

Next person to bring up former members and/or personalize against current members gets a one week, warm and fuzzy time out.

:wave:

Sarah was out Friday night. Ciara was out Friday night. Jane was out Saturday night, missing 00:10 Sunday morning?

Someone had Sunday, but did they have to be back at work Monday? Not a public holiday?

Was Jane placed (sitcks and leaves over) on the Sunday, on the way home from somewhere, car heading north?

In regard to teenage years spent with parents at Huntingdale (1984 to 1989). Although able to obtain a driver’s licence in December 1985, perhaps a pushbike was still utilized. Perhaps when the parents had fish’n’chips from Warton Rd, or pizza from Spencer Rd Thornlie, BRE was quick to offer to pick it up – taking his bike. The parents might have even commented what a good lad he was. Could it be possible, incidents occurred on these occasions?

Perhaps other times were spent riding a pushbike along the pathway spanning alongside the Southern River. Imagine, the isolation for a young woman pushing a pram or teenage girls utilizing the subway to Maddington Plaza. Back then, there weren’t any mobile phones,to capture a photo or video – we relied solely upon a victim’s identikit which was printed in the newspaper.

Gay St is at the far west of Huntingdale, bordering the suburb Southern River. As previously mentioned Gay St in the 1980s was considered to be out in the sticks. Nobody would have known who the elusive teenager was, perhaps the Gosnells police knew there was a problem teenager, described to them as tallish with dark hair, who wore glasses.

They just didn’t know who the teenager’s name or have a clue where he lived!

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-32.0733671,115.9746186,15z

DNA summary

Can sleuths please help compile and confirm this list of dates when:
- DNA collected from taxi drivers (?)
-LCN DNA confirmed on CG(?)
-KK DNA retested (2015)
-HD/Kimono retested (2016)

TIA

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

DNA started to be collected from Taxi drivers shortly after Ciara's disappearance.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...r/news-story/98a7e7f0d5dfdebbaf997b2ab68d59d0

I was posting a reply to the very good post that gave information that David Troy Masters had been convicted for Victoria Clark's vicious sexual assault and murder and Tilbury had been convicted of Vanessa Devlin's. Now I can't use the quote but will try to post the link to the comment. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Western-Australia-19&p=13966590#post13966590

Don't forget that the kimono was front page news a few days after the Huntingdale assault because it was linked to the murder of Victoria Clarke in September 1997. It's not that the kimono is the link but there is DNA on the kimono that is the link between the Huntingdale assault and VC's murder. They have a clue on the kimono that the cops were certain would lead them to the perpetrator of Victoria Clarke's vicious sexual assault and murder.

"Police hope that a distinctive kimono may be the clue that helps solve the brutal murder of Victoria Heather Clark..."

"The CIB have suspected for some time that Miss Clark's killer may have also sexually assaulted other woman in the southern suburbs, but they have been unable to find evidence proving a connection."

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The articles I've put on here before about Victoria Clark's sexual assault make it clear that the American sailor whom she was out with on the last night she was seen alive have been forensically cleared and so had the occupants of the other 7 one bedroom units she was living at.

One of the occupants was David Troy Masters.

So how had these persons of interest been forensically cleared? There must have been semen or blood left at the scene that cops were able to analyse to clear these poi's at the time of VC's murder. I believe that is why cops made the kimono front page news on 17th Feb 1988. They were certain that the forensic evidence on the kimono was the same that was left my the murderer of Victoria Clarke.

And it wasn't David Troy Masters DNA.

We've discussed him before. He left WA not long after VC's murder which occurred when he was 21 years old and went to Qland, NT and the Kimberly's. After a few years drifting around he murdered an English backpacker. He served his 7 years (non-parole which was the going rate in Qland and WA at the time) and while in prison confessed to VC's murder. After serving his time in Qland he was bought back to WA and again sentenced to 7 years non parole. However, after being sentenced the non parole time he's been turned down for release every time he's come up before the parole board and is still doing time. Almost 21 years now and almost 28 including time for the 1991 murder, I think.

In the initial news reports it was thought there may have been ore than one attacker and even a woman was suggested in one report. The end result of Masters confessing and thinking he was going to serve 7 years, was that the kimono with Edward's DNA was put away and forgotten about for a very long time.

PD you posted the article that was in the Post newspaper about the husband now living in floreat do you still have it

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9#post13048729

This was in May 2017 not sure if this link works
Your link takes me to the last page of the thread 11 janwa.

Heres # papatoetoe post about the kimono, its been posted multiple times on here .

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13035298

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13035307

Regarding the DYI DNA testing etc and the standard of testing available to the police. I would expect that it would be the difference between buying a telescope from Nat Geo and having access to the Hubble.

For example the Family Court will only accept tests from specific accredited labs.

http://dnalabs.com.au/dna-test-menu/the-family-law-act.aspx

I was posting a reply to the very good post that gave information that David Troy Masters had been convicted for Victoria Clark's vicious sexual assault and murder and Tilbury had been convicted of Vanessa Devlin's. Now I can't use the quote but will try to post the link to the comment. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Western-Australia-19&p=13966590#post13966590

Don't forget that the kimono was front page news a few days after the Huntingdale assault because it was linked to the murder of Victoria Clarke in September 1997. It's not that the kimono is the link but there is DNA on the kimono that is the link between the Huntingdale assault and VC's murder. They have a clue on the kimono that the cops were certain would lead them to the perpetrator of Victoria Clarke's vicious sexual assault and murder.

"Police hope that a distinctive kimono may be the clue that helps solve the brutal murder of Victoria Heather Clark..."

"The CIB have suspected for some time that Miss Clark's killer may have also sexually assaulted other woman in the southern suburbs, but they have been unable to find evidence proving a connection."

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The articles I've put on here before about Victoria Clark's sexual assault make it clear that the American sailor whom she was out with on the last night she was seen alive have been forensically cleared and so had the occupants of the other 7 one bedroom units she was living at.

One of the occupants was David Troy Masters.

So how had these persons of interest been forensically cleared? There must have been semen or blood left at the scene that cops were able to analyse to clear these poi's at the time of VC's murder. I believe that is why cops made the kimono front page news on 17th Feb 1988. They were certain that the forensic evidence on the kimono was the same that was left my the murderer of Victoria Clarke.

And it wasn't David Troy Masters DNA.

We've discussed him before. He left WA not long after VC's murder which occurred when he was 21 years old and went to Qland, NT and the Kimberly's. After a few years drifting around he murdered an English backpacker. He served his 7 years (non-parole which was the going rate in Qland and WA at the time) and while in prison confessed to VC's murder. After serving his time in Qland he was bought back to WA and again sentenced to 7 years non parole. However, after being sentenced the non parole time he's been turned down for release every time he's come up before the parole board and is still doing time. Almost 21 years now and almost 28 including time for the 1991 murder, I think.

In the initial news reports it was thought there may have been ore than one attacker and even a woman was suggested in one report. The end result of Masters confessing and thinking he was going to serve 7 years, was that the kimono with Edward's DNA was put away and forgotten about for a very long time.
"It's not that the kimono is the link but there is DNA on the kimono that is the link between the Huntingdale assault and VC's murder".

That is your opinion or fact [emoji780]

DNA started to be collected from Taxi drivers shortly after Ciara's disappearance.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...r/news-story/98a7e7f0d5dfdebbaf997b2ab68d59d0

Thanks DRT

(So repeating/continuing with the DNA summary post that I made at end of thread 19)

DNA summary

- DNA collected from taxi drivers (1997-1998)
- LCN DNA confirmed on CG(2008 or 2009)
- [general link made between KK and CG cases (2009)]
-
WAPOL obtain DNA sample from LW and rule him out (date?)- KK DNA retested (2015?)
- DNS Link made public between KK and CG DNA samples (2015?)
- HD/Kimono DNA retested (2016)
- HD/Kimono DNA link made public to KK and CG cases.

Someone please explain to me WHICH DNA sample were the taxi drivers DNAs compared against to rule them in or out?????

TIA

Sarah was out Friday night. Ciara was out Friday night. Jane was out Saturday night, missing 00:10 Sunday morning?

Someone had Sunday, but did they have to be back at work Monday? Not a public holiday?

Was Jane placed (sitcks and leaves over) on the Sunday, on the way home from somewhere, car heading north?

Woolcoot Rd (I believe) could have been used as a 'thoroughfare' in the mid-90's, though part or most of the road was not bitumised at that point in time. Going by JR's location she could have just as likely been placed there on a 'return trip' as she could have been placed there directly coming from the Claremont area for example. It seems the direction was heading North, but that's not a given.

Upon trying to re-view historical aeriel imagery of the area (it's been a while), unfortunately the Landgate Map Viewer isn't playing ball at the moment. The viewer has been a bit hit and miss (for me) ever since it was updated away from the Java platform last year!

Back to the kimono dna connection and THE FILE for the Huntingdale providing information that led to an arrest within weeks.
1) the dna connection says this fella and that fella same fella.
2) BEFORE this connection, the familial dna match or the info needed to provide this WAS not available.
3) after dna connection Huntingdale rape to CSK, the Huntingdale file contained information that led to an arrest within weeks., BUT DID NOT PROVIDE HIS NAME.
4) Familial dna is alluded to.
5) BRE seemed TOTALLY unaware he was about to be arrested. Didn't run, kept up life as normal etc.

Based on these 4 points...
1) BRE wasn't a suspect per se in the Huntingdale rape. If he was, his actual name would be in the file
2) police to that point did NOT have the dna of close family members to BRE on file up until the Huntingdale connection was made otherwise it would have already pinged in the system.
3) given how quickly the case broke from there, someone related to BRE WAS in the Huntingdale file as either a friend/boyfriend/POI and had willingly given samples and were discounted as the offender as their dna did not match. These were then put through the system to run again as part of the investigative protocol would suggest, with no real hope of success until the machine went bing bing bing (or whatever it does). OR dna sales were collected again to be rerun (not sure though. .. this may have tipped BRE off and he did not seem to be aware of the investigation )
4) The people in the Huntingdale file were quite unaware they were being reinvestigated is my conclusion, or if they were, they were pressured into silence.

From this, my theory... BRE sibling knew the Huntingdale victim. He was tested and cleared or investigated and cleared at the time (quite rightly, as he was innocent). When the link was made and the case reopened, he was looked at again and then his dna was the surprise of the decade.

The universe says NO to getting away with heinous stuff.

Bit baffled by this assertion as well. We didn't have DNA testing back then to make a definitive link?

But it's the police pictured in the press holding up A kimono and very casually linking it to the Victoria Clarke murder which is what might have prompted someone to give BRE an alibi on the night the Huntingdale attack occurred.

I can hear it now ... "The police have been asking to see Bradley/Troy over an assault on that girl last week ..... they're trying to connect it to a murder in Victoria Park! omfg!"

Speculation on my part.

"It's not that the kimono is the link but there is DNA on the kimono that is the link between the Huntingdale assault and VC's murder".

That is your opinion or fact [emoji780]

Back to the kimono dna connection and THE FILE for the Huntingdale providing information that led to an arrest within weeks.
1) the dna connection says this fella and that fella same fella.
2) BEFORE this connection, the familial dna match or the info needed to provide this WAS not available.
3) after dna connection Huntingdale rape to CSK, the Huntingdale file contained information that led to an arrest within weeks., BUT DID NOT PROVIDE HIS NAME.
4) Familial dna is alluded to.
5) BRE seemed TOTALLY unaware he was about to be arrested. Didn't run, kept up life as normal etc.

Based on these 4 points...
1) BRE wasn't a suspect per se in the Huntingdale rape. If he was, his actual name would be in the file
2) police to that point did NOT have the dna of close family members to BRE on file up until the Huntingdale connection was made otherwise it would have already pinged in the system.
3) given how quickly the case broke from there, someone related to BRE WAS in the Huntingdale file as either a friend/boyfriend/POI and had willingly given samples and were discounted as the offender as their dna did not match. These were then put through the system to run again as part of the investigative protocol would suggest, with no real hope of success until the machine went bing bing bing (or whatever it does). OR dna sales were collected again to be rerun (not sure though. .. this may have tipped BRE off and he did not seem to be aware of the investigation )
4) The people in the Huntingdale file were quite unaware they were being reinvestigated is my conclusion, or if they were, they were pressured into silence.

From this, my theory... BRE sibling knew the Huntingdale victim. He was tested and cleared or investigated and cleared at the time (quite rightly, as he was innocent). When the link was made and the case reopened, he was looked at again and then his dna was the surprise of the decade.

The universe says NO to getting away with heinous stuff.

Red by me......
Bunnie this point I've highlighted in red doesn't make sense to me.
How can you say the same relative/s' samples (if there was any) didn't match the HD offender DNA sample?
And then you say this relative/s samples do match the HD offender DNA sample?

Thanks DRT

(So repeating/continuing with the DNA summary post that I made at end of thread 19)

DNA summary

- DNA collected from taxi drivers (1997-1998)
- LCN DNA confirmed on CG(2008 or 2009)
- [general link made between KK and CG cases (2009)]
-
WAPOL obtain DNA sample from LW and rule him out (date?)- KK DNA retested (2015?)
- DNS Link made public between KK and CG DNA samples (2015?)
- HD/Kimono DNA retested (2016)
- HD/Kimono DNA link made public to KK and CG cases.

Someone please explain to me WHICH DNA sample were the taxi drivers DNAs compared against to rule them in or out?????

TIA

I would imagine that they ran the TD's DNA against everyone listed on the data base scanner like they do with fingerprints and got quite a few surprises.

Red by me......
Bunnie this point I've highlighted in red doesn't make sense to me.
How can you say the same relative/s' samples (if there was any) didn't match the HD offender DNA sample?
And then you say this relative/s samples do match the HD offender DNA sample?
They didn't match at the time of investigating the Huntingdale rape with simplistic dna methods. When retested with familial dna up came a hit. Sorry if that was unclear. DNA testing back then was like bkack and white tv compared to full colour LED screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear