Status
Not open for further replies.

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Authorities Believe Missing Hunt County Man May Be In Danger

chambers.jpg

March 11, 2017

Deputies searched the home of Michael Chambers after he was reported missing Friday night by family.

Based on evidence found at the home, authorities believe Chambers may be in danger.

Reward Offered For Info On Missing One-Time Dallas Firefighter

March 16, 2017

A $25,000 reward is now being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of a missing one-time Dallas firefighter.

[...]

Investigators were able to locate surveillance video of a person who appears to be Chambers leaving a local Walmart on the day he went missing.

When police initially went to the Chambers’ home searching for the 70-year-old they found a small amount of blood in his workshop, but no other evidence to suggest foul play.

2 Months And Still No Sign Of Missing Retired Texas Firefighter

May 10, 2017

It’s been exactly two months since retired Dallas firefighter Michael Chambers went missing and investigators still have no leads or answers as to what happened to him or where he is.

Quinlan police and Hunt County Sheriff’s Office investigators say they work on the case daily and have even brought in Texas Equusearch, a search and recovery organization based out of Dickinson, to look for the 70-year-old man.

[...]

Chambers was last seen on Friday March 10. Investigators say security camera footage from a local Walmart appears to show him at the store that same day, but his movements and whereabouts after are pretty much unknown.

Family won't give up on missing retired Dallas firefighter in Hunt County

July 28, 2017

It’s been 20 agonizing weeks without answers for Suzy Losoya.

She’s a daughter left in limbo, wondering what happened to her father, Michael Chambers. He’s the retired Dallas firefighter who disappeared from his Quinlan home on March 10.

[...]

The family recently hired a private investigator hoping that he can help them solve the riddle of what happened to Chambers.

[...]

“My greatest fear is that someone has killed my father and has literally gotten away with murder. That's my worst fear,” she says. “I'm convinced this was a crime. I do not think this is just a missing person.”

NamUs

Texas EquuSearch

Verified Insiders:

Pmerle00
Steel54

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

MOD NOTE - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS CASE

It took much longer than I expected to clean up the threads in this case because, quite frankly, the threads were a total mess. There were too many TOS violations to count, bickering, rumors, unapproved sources, discussion of moderation, and the list goes on.

I spoke with Tricia and we seriously considered leaving the threads locked indefinitely and not opening a new thread.

However, all missing people deserve to be found and Michael Chambers does not deserve to have his case forgotten simply because some WS members choose not to follow simple rules.

So we are opening a new thread now for Mr. Chambers. Although this is Thread #5, we'd like all of you to think of it as a starting over point for this case.

Please take note of the following:

TOS and WS rules will be strictly enforced from this point onward. You have been warned. Expect a TO or worse if you choose not to follow the rules of this forum and of this case.

NO ONE has been named a POI or a suspect in Michael's disappearance. Do not sleuth Michael's sons, grandchildren, neighbors, or friends. DO NOT accuse anyone of killing Michael. Do not imply or insinuate that any of Michael's family members murdered him.

If you don't have either a link from mainstream media or law enforcement or a post from one of the Verified Insiders in this case, think long and hard before you post something as fact.

DO NOT tell people to "google" something when they ask for a link. That is a TOS violation. If someone asks for a link, provide it. I don't care if you think they are being lazy or not. Just provide the link.

There are no approved FB pages in this case except for official mainstream media FB pages and official LE pages. The Bring PaPaw Home FB page is a closed group on FB and is, per TOS, NOT approved to mention here or to discuss in any capacity.

Per discussion with Tricia regarding the facts of this case, we are going to allow limited discussion of MC's wife, BC. You must use her initials when discussing her unless you are a Verfied Insider. Limited means limited. Do NOT accuse BC of murdering her husband. You may discuss verified information regarding her actions since her husband disappeared. If these rules are not followed, this thread will likely be shut down again.

Finally, after reading through 4 threads, I would like to make the following request and suggestion as you continue to sleuth this case:

1. Please create a case map, Michael was seen on surveillance camera at a Walmart. I would like to see a map showing the location of the Walmart and the location of Michael's home. Additionally, if there are any confirmed areas that have been searched by LE or the family, those could be put on the case map.

2. Please put together a timeline of the day Michael disappeared using the information from mainstream media and from the Verified Insiders in this case. Even if the information is incomplete, it may help sleuth this case.

Once these are created, I can pin them to the top of future threads. This is something we typically do in missing people cases.

Hey Everyone,

Liltexan's has literally spent hours and hours over the last few days cleaning up the past threads. I told her to forget about it. The threads were so bad, so filled with everything we are not supposed to do on Websleuths, I felt we should just pull them from view for good.

However, Liltexan's felt there was enough good information, especially from our Verified Insiders that it was worth her time and effort to clean up the threads.

Thank you, LT for your time and hard work. You are a dedicated and much-loved moderator. Thank you!

There is a very good reason why we are so strict on Facebook. Facebook does not verify anything people post. It all depends on if the admin is willing to watch a thread and remove the outlandish accusations people make on all of these true crime Facebook groups. Not just Michael's.

Once you post some really stupid rumor from Facebook to Websleuths it literally can take seconds before that rumor is being told as "fact". Then Websleuths looks stupid for allowing these ridiculous accusations to stand.

There is a very good reason why Websleuths is considered reliable. It is because we don't do what Facebook does along with a ton of other true crime discussion forums, we do not allow a rumor to take hold as a fact and screw up the whole discussion.

Most of you have been wonderful and I thank you for that. It is a handful of people who are violating Websleuths TOS and those people will be gone if they do it one more time.

Remember this thread is not about you. It's not about your opinion that you have the right to tell others they need to Google things. This thread is not about why you are right and why you should be allowed to post whatever thing we are not allowing you to post.

None of these things have anything to do with Michael's disappearance.

Before you post something ask yourself "Is this post more about me?" If the answer is YES then do not hit "Submit Reply" on your post. Pull back and rewrite your post so it doesn't' look like you are talking about you and making this thread about you.

Sorry to be harsh but Michael and his loved ones deserve to be treated with respect and his case deserves to be discussed in a way that is helpful, not harmful.

Thank you,
Tricia

The circumstances surrounding the disappearance of retired Dallas firefighter Michael Chambers will be the topic of a future episode of the ID (Investigation and Discovery) channel's "Disappeared."

Sheriff Randy Meeks of the Hunt County Sheriff's Office announced Friday that executives with NBC (with which the ID channel is affiliated) had contacted the sheriff's office several months ago saying they were interested in producing an episode about Chambers' disappearance, and that the production team had been shooting recreated scenes in several locations in the Quinlan area this past week.

As of now, there is no tentative air date for the episode.

https://www.firehouse.com/careers-e...ter-michael-chambers-tv-show-firefighter-news

Thank you LT for your dedication to this case, and to Tricia for your generosity in allowing it to continue here on WS!

May answers be swift and justice be fair!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I’m so happy this will be on Disappeared and get some attention... I also can’t wait to watch it because I’ve had a hard time catching up on this case. I’ll have to go back now and re-read since it’s been cleaned up. I do have a question. I read that Texasequusearch was going to be helping search. Did we ever hear back with how that went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m so happy this will be on Disappeared and get some attention... I also can’t wait to watch it because I’ve had a hard time catching up on this case. I’ll have to go back now and re-read since it’s been cleaned up. I do have a question. I read that Texasequusearch was going to be helping search. Did we ever hear back with how that went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.texasequusearch.org/missing-michael-chambers-70-yrs-quinlan-tx-031017/

They did and nothing was found. I know it was posted in an earlier thread but hate to admit, I'm terrible at being able to find and link older WS posts. The link I just posted is from Texasequusearch's offical website, so I hope and pray that link is allowed, even though it's not official LE or an official media page? If not allowed, I apologize! This particular case has haunted me like no other this past year, and I appreciate your efforts more than you can know, liltexan.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/missing-michael-chambers-70-yrs-quinlan-tx-031017/

They did and nothing was found. I know it was posted in an earlier thread but hate to admit, I'm terrible at being able to find and link older WS posts. The link I just posted is from Texasequusearch's offical website, so I hope and pray that link is allowed, even though it's not official LE or an official media page? If not allowed, I apologize! This particular case has haunted me like no other this past year, and I appreciate your efforts more than you can know, liltexan.

Yes, linking to Texas Equusearch's page is perfectly fine.

I've been rereading the previous Chambers' threads in order to refresh my memory, and perhaps jog something loose in my thinking and begin anew with the case.

I haven't a clue how to construct a case map, but hoping others with more expertise than I might jump in.
I don't know if our VIs look in on Papaw's thread anymore, but if so, could we possibly have update in the most general of terms, even if it's to inform there is absolutely nothing new ? At the least, I'm assuming the PI firm is still working on it, and if there is anything concrete we can do here, please let us know.

Hoping cchambers comes back and gets verified. I’d love to hear her and some of the other family members opinions on things. Sucks we are still here with no answers. Poor pawpaw

It's almost one entire year since MC went missing. I'm certain it's a gut-wrenching "anniversary" for his family and friends, but hoping for follow-up media reports that could shake something loose.

According to PaPaw’s daughter, Suzy, there will be a story on Channel 8 tonight at 6:00, and Channel 4, she believes, at 5:00. Will ETA with links to the stations’ websites.

ETA:
Channel 8 (WFAA): http://www.wfaa.com

Channel 4 (KDFW): http://www.fox4news.com

*Dallas is on Central Standard Time.

Here are links to the stories that ran tonight:

1. “FAMILY CONTINUES TO SEARCH FOR MISSING FIREFIGHTER A YEAR AFTER DISAPPEARANCE”

“This past week has been especially difficult after hearing that after nearly four years Christina Morris' body was found.

They say their heart breaks for her family, but also gives them hope.

‘That was encouraging to me that her body was found in an area that was previously searched. It means I should not give up,’ she [Mr. Chambers’ daughter, Suzy Losoya] said.

In their case, there is no video or witnesses and every lead has been followed, so Losoya is pleading for help.

‘I would be them, beg them to give us some peace and come forward. Tell us what you know, even if it's small,’ she said.

Losoya says she is not hopeful her father is alive, but like Morris' family, she wants him back home in a place where he can rest in peace.”

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...hter-a-year-after-disappearance/287-527340641

2. “Still no sign of missing retired Dallas firefighter one year later”

“As the months go by, Suzy Losoya says she has little hope her father is still alive. Her conversations with the Hunt County Sheriff's Office are less frequent. But she's hoping a new private investigator and the timing of the one-year anniversary will help reinvigorate the case to find Chambers.

[SBM]

Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks says investigators have conducted three searches over the past year using cadaver dogs and aerial drones. Investigators have also verified the whereabouts of each person who would have had direct contact with Chambers.

In a statement, Meeks said ‘I know that they have followed up on every single lead that has come into the sheriff's office. Sadly, none of them have panned out

‘We need peace,’ Losoya said. ‘If my dad is out there, I want to bring him home. I want him to rest with dignity.’

[SBM]

‘I wish my dad were still alive,’ she said. ‘I have very little hope, very little hope about that at this point.’

Losoya plans to organize additional searches for her father in the coming months. Losoya will mark the one-year disappearance of her dad by spending it with family. She's asking anyone with information to call the Hunt County Sheriff's Office.” (BBM)

http://www.fox4news.com/news/still-no-sign-of-missing-retired-dallas-firefighter-one-year-later#/

You can hear more from Suzy in the videos that accompany the articles, but they are rather difficult to watch as there is so much pain her eyes.

“Investigators have also verified the whereabouts of each person who would have had direct contact with Chambers”: Who would those people have been?

Here are links to the stories that ran tonight:

1. “FAMILY CONTINUES TO SEARCH FOR MISSING FIREFIGHTER A YEAR AFTER DISAPPEARANCE”

“This past week has been especially difficult after hearing that after nearly four years Christina Morris' body was found.

They say their heart breaks for her family, but also gives them hope.

‘That was encouraging to me that her body was found in an area that was previously searched. It means I should not give up,’ she [Mr. Chambers’ daughter, Suzy Losoya] said.

In their case, there is no video or witnesses and every lead has been followed, so Losoya is pleading for help.

‘I would be them, beg them to give us some peace and come forward. Tell us what you know, even if it's small,’ she said.

Losoya says she is not hopeful her father is alive, but like Morris' family, she wants him back home in a place where he can rest in peace.”

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...hter-a-year-after-disappearance/287-527340641

2. “Still no sign of missing retired Dallas firefighter one year later”

“As the months go by, Suzy Losoya says she has little hope her father is still alive. Her conversations with the Hunt County Sheriff's Office are less frequent. But she's hoping a new private investigator and the timing of the one-year anniversary will help reinvigorate the case to find Chambers.

[SBM]

Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks says investigators have conducted three searches over the past year using cadaver dogs and aerial drones. Investigators have also verified the whereabouts of each person who would have had direct contact with Chambers.

In a statement, Meeks said ‘I know that they have followed up on every single lead that has come into the sheriff's office. Sadly, none of them have panned out

‘We need peace,’ Losoya said. ‘If my dad is out there, I want to bring him home. I want him to rest with dignity.’

[SBM]

‘I wish my dad were still alive,’ she said. ‘I have very little hope, very little hope about that at this point.’

Losoya plans to organize additional searches for her father in the coming months. Losoya will mark the one-year disappearance of her dad by spending it with family. She's asking anyone with information to call the Hunt County Sheriff's Office.” (BBM)

http://www.fox4news.com/news/still-no-sign-of-missing-retired-dallas-firefighter-one-year-later#/

You can hear more from Suzy in the videos that accompany the articles, but they are rather difficult to watch as there is so much pain her eyes.

“Investigators have also verified the whereabouts of each person who would have had direct contact with Chambers”: Who would those people have been?
Three searches in 365 days????

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It was beyond sad, watching SCL's interview tonight. One year ago, I was certain the mystery of what happened to Papaw would be resolved in fairly short order. Boy, was I wrong!

When Sheriff Meeks made mention that the whereabouts of everyone who had known contact with MC was verified, I'm assuming that would have included every single family member ( you always begin an investigation with the innermost circle and work your way outward) , closest friends, and of course everyone known to have at least spoken to MC that day or recently, as per the phone records they did obtain. I doubt we'll get detailed info on exactly who those people were. As far as I know, HCSO still has not classified this as a criminal case, nor expressed any notion that anyone has been cleared of possible foul play.

To this day, I still cannot understand why it hasn't been classified as criminal, especially if that would have brought more professional resources to bear in the investigation.

Sending love to the family.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members