Hazel

Height -

Weight -

Medical Details -
N/A

Clothing -
Possibly a tan-coloured winter coat.

Circumstances -
The missing person was last sighted in her home town of Berrien Springs, where she lived alone. She was reported missing by a neighbour at her apartment complex, and has not been seen since.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8228

This matches her extremely well, but there's a timegap that I can't explain. She's not excluded.

Marie disappeared from Berrien County in 1982, this UID died in 1987-1988 and was found in Berrien County in Lake Michigan.

The height is a perfect match, 65 inches. The weight is 20lbs off, 165lbs estimated. She had brown hear that was braided, Marie liked to wear her hair in bangs. Marie was 43 years old, UID was estimated as 43-53 years old.

Edit - UID was found 23 miles away from where Marie disappeared.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8228

This matches her extremely well, but there's a timegap that I can't explain. She's not excluded.

Marie disappeared from Berrien County in 1982, this UID died in 1987-1988 and was found in Berrien County in Lake Michigan.

The height is a perfect match, 65 inches. The weight is 20lbs off, 165lbs estimated. She had brown hear that was braided, Marie liked to wear her hair in bangs. Marie was 43 years old, UID was estimated as 43-53 years old.

Edit - UID was found 23 miles away from where Marie disappeared.

This is a very interesting possibility. As far as I'm aware, there are no indications of foul play in this case, so it is quite possible that she initially left of her own volition for a period of time before returning to the area. The time is a large discrepancy, but there is no harm in forwarding this, because the identifiers are all quite accurate, and the location is quite close. They both have dental records, so this match is viable.

The South Bend Tribune - 30 Mar 1982

BERRIEN SPRINGS - Berrien Spnngs-Oronoko Twp. police requested assistance today in their efforts to locate a 45-year-old Berrien Springs woman missing since March 19. Police said the woman, identified as Marie Strandberg, of 112 S. Main, Apt. 4, was last seen on March 19 - when she kept a doctors appointment. They added they have- no reason at this point to suspect foul play. The woman was described as 5-foot-5, 145 pounds, with short gray hair with bangs and brown hazel eyes. Police said she was wearing a tan winter coat when last seen. Anyone with information pertain ing to her whereabouts is asked to contact Berrien Springs-Oronoko Twp. police

The Herald-Palladium - 30 Mar 1982
BERRIEN SPRINGS Police here are seeking the whereabouts of Marie Strandberg, 45, of 112 S. Main St., Apt. 4, Berrien Springs. According to Berrien Springs-Oronoko Township police, Mrs. Strandberg, who lives alone, was last seen in Berrien Springs on March 19. She was reported missing Monday by a neighbor, officers said. The missing woman was described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing 145 pounds, with gray hair and may be wearing a tan winter coat. Anyone with information about Mrs. Strandberg is asked to contact the poice.

Marie Martha Strandberg

* No Photo

Last Contact: Friday, March 19th, 1982

Missing From: Oronoko Township, Berrien, Michigan

Physical Description:

Race: White
Sex: Female

DOB:
Height: 5’5” (65”)
Weight: 145 lbs.
Hair: Graying Brown Hair, Short w/Bangs
Eye Color: Hazel
Clothing: Tan winter coat
Characteristics/Medical/Scars:

Transportation:
Fingerprint Status: Unknown
Dental Status: Unknown
DNA Status: Unknown

Circumstances:
Marie was last seen Friday, March 19th in Berrien Springs when she kept a doctor’s appointment. A neighbor reported her missing on Monday March 22nd. Marie resided at 112 S. Main Street, Apt 4 Berrien Springs, Michigan.

Investigating Agencies:
Berrien Springs Oronoko Township Police Department
4411 E. Snow Road
Berrien Springs, Michigan 49103
MP Case # 664-82
Tele: 269-471-2813

Web: http://www.bsopd.org/

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 9622: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Case Manager: Lori Bruski
Tele: 817.718.7904

E-Mail: Lori.Bruskil@unthsc.edu

News/Blogs:
30 Mar 1982 – The Herald Palladium
30 Mar 1982 – The South Bend Tribune

Name - Marie Martha Strandberg

Last Seen - 24/03/1982

Missing From - Berrien Springs, Michigan

Age - 46

Race - White

Sex - Female

Hair Color - Greying-Brown (worn in bangs)

Eye Color - Hazel

Height - 65

Weight - 145

Medical Details - N/A

Clothing - Possibly a tan-coloured winter coat.

Circumstances - The missing person was last sighted in her home town of Berrien Springs, where she lived alone. She was reported missing by a neighbour at her apartment complex, and has not been seen since.
I would like to thank everyone for the posts on Marie Strandberg. Marie was my aunt, my mother's sister. The family never heard from her again. My other aunt and her daughters did say Marie was prone to disappear for one or two weeks at a time, that this was normal for her. But nobody ever heard from her again after this last time. My other aunt also said that a letter was discovered in the residence in which Marie said she was going to throw herself off the bridge into the St. Joseph River.

I would like to thank everyone for the posts on Marie Strandberg. Marie was my aunt, my mother's sister. The family never heard from her again. My other aunt and her daughters did say Marie was prone to disappear for one or two weeks at a time, that this was normal for her. But nobody ever heard from her again after this last time. My other aunt also said that a letter was discovered in the residence in which Marie said she was going to throw herself off the bridge into the St. Joseph River.
Any chance you have a photo of her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back