The broom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florentia

Reaction score
Because they have asserted it this way, it is known that Janelle Kirby and her then boyfriend swept the shards of the porchlight. I was just wandering where the broom was, for it seems unlikely it was in the garden. If logic is followed, they must have surely entered the house to get the broom. Such a tidy woman as Sherrill does not seem to be of the type who leaves cleaning elements outdoors.

Because they have asserted it this way, it is known that Janelle Kirby and her then boyfriend swept the shards of the porchlight. I was just wandering where the broom was, for it seems unlikely it was in the garden. If logic is followed, they must have surely entered the house to get the broom. Such a tidy woman as Sherrill does not seem to be of the type who leaves cleaning elements outdoors.

the cleaning up the porch is totally strange.
the intrusion from these people in the crime scene but yet not forth coming with anything helpful.
one could almost call it sabotage.....:thinking:

the cleaning up the porch is totally strange.
the intrusion from these people in the crime scene but yet not forth coming with anything helpful.
one could almost call it sabotage.....:thinking:[/QUOT

Definitely, it is absurdly strange. I want to believe the Police has investigated in detail everything regarding Kirby ad her then boyfriend... anyway, there is something in their words and supposed actions that does not match. Maybe they saw anything? Maybe the contents of the phone call, if there was one, were different and they got scared? Whatever the case is, I do not take as mere chance the fact that Kirby was the last person to see the girls alive and the first one to arrive at the crime scene.
Sabotage? It well maybe. Among these posts, there are many assertions who go even beyond: a staged scene they would have broken into.

How Mike knew where to find a broom and was comfortable using it to sweep up the glass bothered me when I first read it, and does.

I completely agree with you. Was that broom Sherrill's? Did the boy bring it himself? Something very disturbing and at the same simple underlies all this issue of the couple and their strange actions. Also, nobody really knows what of how they found the house once inside it. Reports are confusing and eerily contradictory.

I don’t know if anyone asked where Mike got the broom. He looked for it (went inside) or knew where it was (was familiar) )though it was supposedly the first time he and Janelle had been to the new house. It’s weird they put the broken glass in a dumpster instead of an indoor trash can since they didn’t have an issue making themselves at home.

I don’t know if anyone asked where Mike got the broom. He looked for it (went inside) or knew where it was (was familiar) )though it was supposedly the first time he and Janelle had been to the new house. It’s weird they put the broken glass in a dumpster instead of an indoor trash can since they didn’t have an issue making themselves at home.

Truth to say, something stinks in this aspect. Why would the police say that everything was neat in the house and then other assertions point at a completely different scene? I have read about Sherrill's clothes being scattered, about Suzie's bedroom being filld with satanic stuff (actually, it is Janice McCall who affirms this in one the most recent videos that can be watched on the Internet about the case) and even about a menacing note left by the kidnappers/killers whose existence the Police denies... surely, reality has overcome fiction in this case.
What did Kirby and her boyfriend really witness or see in Delmar street?
By the way, many months ago there was a mysterius post in the general thread asserting that part of the explanations needed in this case could be found out in Janelle Kirby's divorce reasons. When forumers asked for more details, there was no answer anymore...

Following, have watched an episode about this sad case and yes-- there are so many questions.
And what's with LE not wanting to investigate the three anomalies under the concrete at the hospital parking lot ?

I don't think it's strange for the time period. This was before the rise of crime shows that educated the public at large about how crimes are investigated. I doubt these two teenagers 1. even thought a crime had been committed, or 2. would have known that they were destroying evidence. It's easy to judge now as a society that's been deluged by thousands of shows/podcasts about crime scene investigation.

I know several neat and tidy people that keep a broom in the corner of their car port. And that's where Sherril's car was parked. The broom would be fairly visible if kept there. And it could explain why the glass was disposed of elsewhere. They may have swept the glass up before ever entering the house. Still seems odd, but not necessarily suspicious.

I think I'd dispose of the glass outside if I could, it's just going to rip a hole in the garbage bag inside. And in hindsight, WE know what happened. In real time, if you legit arrived at a house looking for your friends, or even acquaintances, you are not thinking "let's preserve a crime scene" you're thinking "where the eff are they, we had plans!" The only red flag here is how early it was. The night after prom, and presumably either hungover or more likely still tipsy, are you up and about miles from home?

I also don't think 1, 2, and esp 3 teenagers could keep their stories straight with no breaks in the initial questioning assuming the police had any interrogation skills. More likely, if there were suspect statements, they haven't been released in the hopes of tying this up with a bow once there is more evidence.

The crux for me is that Stacey was not supposed to be on Delmar. So this either makes her part of the target because she traveled there on short notice (that FEW knew), or totally excludes her as a cause and the focus should be elsewhere. Unless the house was being watched ALL night (and/or prior), a perpetrator had no way of knowing the third car didn't belong to a Navy Seal Ninja Green Beret Special Forces Stormtrooper (you get my point). If you don't know who the third car belonged to this would be a trickier, though still feasible abduction. If you know it's another unarmed teenaged girl, you were either watching them arrive home or knew ahead of time who you'd be dealing with. Including Cinnamon. Most little dogs go batshit with a stranger, so if you were indeed a stranger, you'd need to swoop in, sequester the dog, and wrangle 3 people out without too much of a commotion. If you're armed, it would be easier, tell one of the girls to shut that dog up, but you'd still have to move quick. Three people would probably move just as you request if one had a gun to her head. And at that hour, it's entirely possible no one in the immediate vicinity heard anything.

Lastly, abducting THREE people is a feat, armed or not. It's easier to shoot three people and leave them for dead than take them elsewhere. So what motive is there to take them off premises (thereby increasing your risk of being caught) besides sexual or torture?

I don't think it's strange for the time period. This was before the rise of crime shows that educated the public at large about how crimes are investigated. I doubt these two teenagers 1. even thought a crime had been committed, or 2. would have known that they were destroying evidence. It's easy to judge now as a society that's been deluged by thousands of shows/podcasts about crime scene investigation.
All good points.

I was a teen in the late 80's early 90's and remember several occasions where I walked into unlocked friends houses and made myself comfortable until they arrived.
Specifically an occasion like this case. We had a group of us teens going to an amusement park early one day and the buddies house we met at was empty because he had gone with his parents to do something extremely early that he didn't mention to anyone. When they showed up we probably had a dozen teens in the house and we probably touched everything in the house at some point. Not being mischievous or anything, just being kids (took a soda from the fridge, used the phone, went to the bathroom).

If it had been a crime scene, we for sure would have contaminated it in some way unknowingly.

Somethings very fishy about Janelle Kirby and her bf. Most Teens at that age usually don’t care about cleaning up mess even their bedrooms. The whole thing screams that Janelle was behind it.
Broken glass and empty house with all cars parked out front. Janelle erased phone messages. Tv was on. Dog was locked in bathroom. ( dog would’ve been barking loudly) Janelle left. Wasn’t worried they haven’t called Janelle all day. Highly suspicious.
If they were abducted before daybreak then tv will not be on.

Jealousy? Rivals?
Somethings not adding up.
Whatever became of Janelle today?

Somethings very fishy about Janelle Kirby and her bf. Most Teens at that age usually don’t care about cleaning up mess even their bedrooms. The whole thing screams that Janelle was behind it.
Broken glass and empty house with all cars parked out front. Janelle erased phone messages. Tv was on. Dog was locked in bathroom. ( dog would’ve been barking loudly) Janelle left. Wasn’t worried they haven’t called Janelle all day. Highly suspicious.
If they were abducted before daybreak then tv will not be on.

Jealousy? Rivals?
Somethings not adding up.
Whatever became of Janelle today?

I have flip-flopped over Janelle and Mike H.'s behavior. I think Janelle lied about something but it might not have been because she was involved in the disappearance. Some of her behavior if true sounds like she sought out Shane Appleby- was she concerned. If she was worried something happened to them, why? Is she lying about that night because she got into a fight with Stacy or Suzie, or did she not approve of plans they made. She could have started out covering for a friend and by the time she realized it was serious she didn't want to damage a reputation or spread rumors if she was wrong.
Cleaning up the porch light cover always seemed weird because Janelle seemed to imply she didn't hang out with Suzie. I could see kicking the glass to the side thinking "how drunk were they?" or "What am I going to find inside?" You would go inside and wake up your friends. It's possible she was pissed and broke the globe herself accidently by opening or closing the door or something. That would make more sense about why she cleaned it up.
Making herself at home in Sherrill's house, and deleting messages is always something that is hard to explain. All the cars were there. Sherrill wasn't expected to be with them. Why would you assume she was okay with you going in and out of her house? MOO

I think I'd dispose of the glass outside if I could, it's just going to rip a hole in the garbage bag inside. And in hindsight, WE know what happened. In real time, if you legit arrived at a house looking for your friends, or even acquaintances, you are not thinking "let's preserve a crime scene" you're thinking "where the eff are they, we had plans!" The only red flag here is how early it was. The night after prom, and presumably either hungover or more likely still tipsy, are you up and about miles from home?

I also don't think 1, 2, and esp 3 teenagers could keep their stories straight with no breaks in the initial questioning assuming the police had any interrogation skills. More likely, if there were suspect statements, they haven't been released in the hopes of tying this up with a bow once there is more evidence.

The crux for me is that Stacey was not supposed to be on Delmar. So this either makes her part of the target because she traveled there on short notice (that FEW knew), or totally excludes her as a cause and the focus should be elsewhere. Unless the house was being watched ALL night (and/or prior), a perpetrator had no way of knowing the third car didn't belong to a Navy Seal Ninja Green Beret Special Forces Stormtrooper (you get my point). If you don't know who the third car belonged to this would be a trickier, though still feasible abduction. If you know it's another unarmed teenaged girl, you were either watching them arrive home or knew ahead of time who you'd be dealing with. Including Cinnamon. Most little dogs go batshit with a stranger, so if you were indeed a stranger, you'd need to swoop in, sequester the dog, and wrangle 3 people out without too much of a commotion. If you're armed, it would be easier, tell one of the girls to shut that dog up, but you'd still have to move quick. Three people would probably move just as you request if one had a gun to her head. And at that hour, it's entirely possible no one in the immediate vicinity heard anything.

Lastly, abducting THREE people is a feat, armed or not. It's easier to shoot three people and leave them for dead than take them elsewhere. So what motive is there to take them off premises (thereby increasing your risk of being caught) besides sexual or torture?
Three cars on graduation night could be well over 6 people in the house. There also could be people coming and going. The perpetrator/s would have to have known what the plans were that night at the last minute. They would have possibly talked to Suzie or Stacy and found out they were going to a house with one other person. Or they Abducted the girls near the house or at another party or location, and took Sherrill because she woke up or was called by her daughter. This was either planned or everything fell into place for some perverts that were hanging out at a party. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123