Race - White

Sex - Male

Hair Color -
Brown

Eye Color - Blue

Height - 75

Weight - 140

Medical Details - Scar on left leg

Clothing - Blue jeans, a black and red shirt.

Circumstances - The missing person was last seen in his home town of Plainwell, Michigan. At the time of his disappearance, he was carrying a Walkman and headphones.

Despite a long search, I have been able to unearth very little on this case. It appears he has been listed as having preceded his father in death on a recent obituary, but that's where details external to the case file seem to end.

I believe there is a photo of Ralph Nichols in the Plainwell High School Yearbook (Class of 1996) on the Classmates website, but I am unable to access this to determine as to whether this is the case. There is presently no photograph on the case file.

Ralph Nichols from the 1996 Plainwell High School yearbook.
Screenshot_20180306-225127-01.jpeg

1995 Plainwell High School yearbook
Screenshot_20180306-230937-01.jpeg

Ralph Nichols from the 1996 Plainwell High School yearbook.
attachment.php

1995 Plainwell High School yearbook
attachment.php

Thank you so much for uploading these. It's great to able to put a face to a name when we know so little about him and his disappearance.

That's no problem. It's so frustrating that so little is known about his disappearance.

I noticed in his Grandfather's obituary (death - Oct 11, 2013) there is no mention of his having preceded him in death, while as you mentioned he is listed as having preceded his father (death - Jan 23, 2014) and he is also listed as having preceded his grandmother (death - Mar 24 2015).

I grew up with Ralph and sad to hear of his passing. We didn't have the best relationship, but I do have some circumstantial information I can share. He would have been class of '98 if he had graduated. I don't recall ever hearing about him being a missing person either in school or thru my family which was in the local law enforcement.

Ralph was a loner, often out late at night by himself wandering around town and drinking Mountain Dew. I got the impression he didn't have the best family life (financially and otherwise). It was the 90's and mental health was not a popular topic. I wouldn't doubt him leaving home when he turned 18 and not looking back.

Last edited:
I grew up with Ralph and sad to hear of his passing. We didn't have the best relationship, but I do have some circumstantial information I can share. He would have been class of '98 if he had graduated. I don't recall ever hearing about him being a missing person either in school or thru my family which was in the local law enforcement.

Ralph was a loner, often out late at night by himself wandering around town and drinking Mountain Dew. I got the impression he didn't have the best family life (financially and otherwise). It was the 90's and mental health was not a popular topic. I wouldn't doubt him leaving home when he turned 18 and not looking back.

Thankyou for sharing, it’s always good to have some insight about a missing person. Without any other information available From what you said I would tend to lean more towards suicide. He could have certainly walked away however unless he was in trouble with the law etc he wouldn’t have needed to change identities.

Namus #UP8005 is promising. Matching hair, height, Walkman found with remains, age would fit for Nichols. Mentions sleep aid meds found with remains. Do we know if Nichols played a harmonica?

Did he play the Harmonica?

Namus #UP8005 is promising. Matching hair, height, Walkman found with remains, age would fit for Nichols. Mentions sleep aid meds found with remains. Do we know if Nichols played a harmonica?
I came here to suggest this exact match. Was it ever excluded?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back