TX TX - Chris Mitchell, 50, San Antonio, 23 Jan 2006

Sabal

Reaction score
Warrant: Phone records place murdered attorney’s ex-husband near her home on day of death

CHRIS MICTHELL, 50, 01/23/06 – SAN ANTONIO

Warrant: Phone records place murdered attorney’s ex-husband near her home on day of death

As reported by the San Antonio Express-News
February 3, 2006
By James Munoz

Investigators from another state are now looking into the capital murder of an attorney killed last Monday.

Chris Mitchell was found strangled and drowned in her bathtub.

KENS 5 has obtained a search warrant claiming Mitchell's ex-husband was near her home the day she was killed.

Mitchell was a mother of four, and ran a successful law practice. Five years ago, she divorced Victor Antolik.

Court records show years of litigation over their three kids, child support and money — hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The documents also said Mitchell accused Antolik of hiding money in multiple accounts.
The search warrant was carried out last Wednesday, Jan. 25 at Antolik's home near Nashville, Tenn., and it confirms the couple was in litigation over a large amount of money.

The warrant also said two days after Mitchell's murder, Antolik was found with scratches on his face, neck, arms and chest, injuries he said were from his brother. Police took saliva and hair samples from Antolik, according to the warrant.

Officials also said in the warrant that phone records place Antolik near Mitchell's home the day she was killed.

Mitchell was found by her children the afternoon of Jan. 23. Police waited 16 hours before calling the incident capital murder. The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office released the autopsy results four days after the homicide.

Authorities were unable to comment on the case, nor have they named Antolik as a suspect.

Antolik is expected in civil court next Thursday over a family matter involving custody of the children and a temporary restraining order.

I wonder how old their children are. If she was 50 yrs old you wouldn't think the kids are little kids. The murders just go on and on day after day. Don't get pregnant and don't fight anything in a divorce and you just may hold on to your life. That is the way it seems to be these days.

It seems that LE has this guy by the short hairs. He left his wife where the kids could find her. That should add on some extra years to his sentence in my book. Guess he wasn't as smart as he thought he was either. Those cell phones have placed more killers close to the murder site and have proven to be a good witness for the Pros. Hope he is sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. It all comes down to MONEY.

I think they're young - at end of following article, mentions they are staying with their grandmother & her oldest daughter. The obit mentions 4 children - 1 with last name Richardson; 3 with last name Mitchell. They also refer to them as children, not teenagers, etc.

Child Support Becomes Issue for Family of Murdered Attorney
LAST UPDATE: 2/23/2006 11:38:16 PM
Posted By: Lauren Jenkins
This story is available on your cell phone at mobile.woai.com.

The family of a San Antonio attorney, found murdered in her home, wants police to put the woman’s ex-husband behind bars.

Christia Mitchell’s children found her body in the bathtub of her Northwest side home last month. Their mother is gone and police have questioned her ex-husband, Victor Antolik, but have never named him as a suspect. Mitchell’s family wants police to lock Antolik up, for allegedly failing to make child support payments.

Those payments, the family says, would help the couple’s youngest daughter who is in need of ongoing surgeries, for severe leg injuries. The child’s health insurance runs out next Tuesday; the insurance is medical coverage Mitchell paid for after her ex-husband allegedly never came through with the child support money.

Mitchell’s family says Antolik breached the agreement and violated the order promising he would pay for his children to have health insurance. The family is asking he be held in contempt and be confined in the Bexar County jail until he complies with the court order. A judge has yet to rule on the case. In the meantime, the children are staying with their grandmother and Mitchell’s oldest daughter.

Haven't they charged the ex-husband yet? looks pretty open-and-shut--scratches all over him the next day is incredibly incriminating--look at the Central Park yuppie murder back in 1986, Robert Chamberlain had scratches on his face and stomach---and the California state trooper about 10 years ago who pulled over a woman, raped and killed her--he had scrathches on his face the next day also--and of course OJ's cut finger

GaLinHIM04 said:
They were 24, 19, 18, and 11.

So the money battle and battle over medical must have been just over the eleven year old. He probably didn't have to pay support for the two older kids unless they were going to college which they might have been. I'm glad that the little one has the older kids and her grandmother. How sad that he left his ex-wife there for their kids to find. Why do dads do that? Another @sshole that didn't give his children a second thought. Those kids will never get that picture out of their heads. I would hate his gutts if he was my dad.

I hope there is an arrest soon. It is only obvious who the killer is. I wonder what kind of job he held?

I have not, so far, found any evidence that Victor was ever prosecuted. He is not in Texas DOC and I haven't found any articles regarding any arrest. Odd.

ETA: He's not in the Bexar County Jail either. Nor is he in the federal system. Looks like he got off scott-free.

Is there anyone out there who maybe lived in the area, was married into Victor's family and is now divorced, or who just remembers this incident? I would love to get a discussion going again. Please, if anyone is out there with any information or reasonable theories, let's get the conversation going once again. Thanks!

Maybe not. What caused you to originally become interested in this case? Just curious.

I knew Christia in college and it bothers me that no one has been charged in her murder. My prayer continues to be for peace for her children and I hope they are doing well. Their mother was a lovely intelligent person with many friends and she is not forgotten.

I knew Christia in college and it bothers me that no one has been charged in her murder. My prayer continues to be for peace for her children and I hope they are doing well. Their mother was a lovely intelligent person with many friends and she is not forgotten.

I wonder if 48 hrs or one of those programs would feature this case. I'm appalled that there is hardly anything about it when searching.

I didn't glomb on to even half of what is going on in that court document (BIG thanks for posting it!!!). However, it reads messy and complicated divorce to me! I submitted this case as an idea for Dateline on the front page of this forum. I wonder though if Dateline or 48 hrs could be contacted directly.

If you find out more about how to request coverage of this case, please share. Unless the family doesn't want to push it for some reason (maybe to avoid more trauma for her kids), I think more should be done to get justice for Chris.

I didn't glomb on to even half of what is going on in that court document (BIG thanks for posting it!!!). However, it reads messy and complicated divorce to me! I submitted this case as an idea for Dateline on the front page of this forum. I wonder though if Dateline or 48 hrs could be contacted directly.

I just found your submission to Dateline and will do one of my own.

If you find out more about how to request coverage of this case, please share. Unless the family doesn't want to push it for some reason (maybe to avoid more trauma for her kids), I think more should be done to get justice for Chris.

Here is some contact info for "48 Hours"

Have a tip, comment or idea for a crime story we should cover? Let us know! Email us at 48hourscrimesider@cbsnews.com.

Senior Executive Producer:

Address: "48 Hours" 524 West 57th St. New York, NY 10019
E-mail: 48hours@cbsnews.com
Phone: (212) 975-3247

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads