Found Deceased IL - Dale Kropke, 76, Round Lake Park, 4 March 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Dale F. Kropke was last seen about 10:30 a.m. and was possibly en route to a medical appointment at Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville. Kropke, who lives in Round Lake Park, is described as 6 feet tall and weighing 215 pounds. He has gray hair, blue eyes and a light complexion, and he uses a walker. Police say he was driving a gold-color 2010 Toyota Prius, four-door. The Illinois license plate number is BANI 1.

AR-180309448.jpg&updated=201803051654&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/20180305/round-lake-park-police-search-for-missing-man

$5K reward offered for info leading to missing elderly man

Dale Kropke, 76, was last seen six days ago leaving his home in Grayslake, Ill. He was on his way to a doctor’s appointment a few minutes away at Condell Hospital in Libertyville, but he never showed up.

“It’s almost like he’s vanished,” Sean Kropke, Dale Kropke’s son, said. “We’ve got to prepare ourselves for the worst, so I’m just praying and hoping that – first off – that he’s ok, but let’s face it, it might not be good.”

“The weird part is they can’t find the car,” his son said.

Police said his credit cards have not been used, and the tollway pass transponder in the vehicle hasn’t shown any movement.

More at link-
http://wgntv.com/2018/03/10/5k-reward-offered-for-info-leading-to-missing-elderly-man/

“The weird part is they can’t find the car,” his son said.

More at link-
http://wgntv.com/2018/03/10/5k-reward-offered-for-info-leading-to-missing-elderly-man/

(Snipped by me)

The fact that they haven't found the car strongly suggests he had an accident and the car is "hidden" somewhere just off the road, possibly submerged under water. I'm not familiar with the area, I tried retracing routes he might have taken on the map and it doesn't seem he'd pass close to much water. There are a couple of possible spots, a little spot on N Lake St near Loch Lomond, and another on St. Mary's Lake, if he'd taken a wrong turn. Can any locals offer insight into bodies of water very close to the road in that area?

It appears that Dale has not yet been entered into Namus...at what point does that typically happen?

(Snipped by me)

The fact that they haven't found the car strongly suggests he had an accident and the car is "hidden" somewhere just off the road, possibly submerged under water. I'm not familiar with the area, I tried retracing routes he might have taken on the map and it doesn't seem he'd pass close to much water. There are a couple of possible spots, a little spot on N Lake St near Loch Lomond, and another on St. Mary's Lake, if he'd taken a wrong turn. Can any locals offer insight into bodies of water very close to the road in that area?
He is from (and appointment was in) Lake County, so there are lots of smaller and larger bodies of water all over the place, as well as retention ponds. Loch Lomond seems to be mostly fenced off from the road either via guardrail or home owner fences. One section is a raised berm with railroad tracks. You could drive over it if you wanted to but I'm not sure how far you would get if you, say, fell asleep and left the road. I think you'd come across an obstacle first. St. Mary's is fully enclosed within a seminary and not up along major roads. Parts of the main road abutting the seminary grounds are heavily wooded, unlikely to let a car through. He would have had to make a choice to enter the Seminary grounds.

It sounds like they only have him on camera right outside his subdivision. I'm unsure how many red light cameras he would come across enroute to Libertyville, and there are numerous routes he could take. You've got Petserson which he could have taken straight to Milwaukee or cut over to Winchester and then maybe to 176. Also could have gone via 60. If he took 60 I'd guess he'd turn at 176 and take that to Milwaukee. There's Butler Lake in Libertyville but it's not really abutted my main roads. If he knew the area well, it is possible he went by it via Lake Street to connect with Milwaukee. If he even headed that way.

Always gotta wonder, did he plan this and ditch the car somewhere and have someone pick him up.

I just hope he's found safe, soon.

"A gold 2010 Toyota Prius, matching the description of the missing Round Lake Park man, was found in Mundelein crashed into a tree with a deceased man in the driver’s seat......
The Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Grayslake Fire Department and Countryside Fire Protection District were called at 11 a.m. on Sunday to a field at 20303 West Winchester Road in unincorporated Mundelein.......
The car matches the description of the 76-year-old Round Lake Park man who went missing on March 4. Police said that Dale F. Kropke was last seen going to a medical appointment at Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville....."
"When emergency crews arrived they found the Toyota about a half mile south of Winchester Road and a third of a mile east of Route 83 in the field. Authorities confirmed that a white male was dead in the driver’s seat of the car......
The sheriff’s office said that the Toyota was driving eastbound on Winchester Road east of Route 83 when it entered the field and drove south through the field before striking a tree...."

https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/...-dead-in-car-that-struck-tree-near-mundelein/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ct-lns-body-found-st-0319-20180318-story.html

"Hikers found the body of a man Sunday outside Mundelein in a totaled car, the same make and model as that of a Round Lake Park man reported missing two weeks ago.

The identity of the man had yet to be released as of Sunday evening by the Lake County Coroner's Office, but the vehicle description matched that of the car Dale F. Kropke, 76, was believed to be driving when he left home for a doctor's appointment March 4 and went missing.

A preliminary investigation indicates that the man was headed eastbound in a gold 2010 Toyota Prius on Winchester Road east of Route 83, according to a news release from the Lake County Sheriff's Office....."

sadly it was him :(

http://wgntv.com/2018/03/18/body-of-missing-round-lake-man-located/

MUNDELEIN, Ill. -- Hikers found the body of a missing Round Lake man in Mundelein. He was found dead in his car which had crashed into a tree.
Dale Kropke had been missing for the last two weeks. Tonight his family confirms he is the man who was found in a field this morning. They say they are relieved to finally have some closure.
The family of 76-year-old Dale Kropke had been looking for him for weeks. The Round Lake police were planning a helicopter search for tomorrow but now they don’t need to. Three hikers found Kropke’s car Sunday lodged in a tree in Mundelein just east of route 83 on Winchester Road.
His family says they think he had a medical incident, possibly a heart attack, before running his car off the road. They do not suspect foul play. And they hope to learn more about what really happened from an autopsy which is scheduled for Monday.
Kropke had been on his way to a doctor’s appointment. His family says paperwork for that appointment was found in the passenger seat of his car. But he never made it there.
His family says they are especially grateful to the round lake police department and the community for all of their help. They have felt very supported these last couple of weeks as they searched for answers.

So someone was murdered here. Wonder who this is? 70 yrs old in a plastic bag. So very sad!

I'm trying to pull up any possible matches. Thought Dale might be a possibilities. Guess not.

RIP ((((DALE)))).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back