Found Deceased PA - Mary Arcuri, 54, Pittsbugh, Oct 1964

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
cache.php

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Charles Sberna grew up in the City of Pittsburgh, but now he now lives in Beaver County.

When he heard last week about a woman’s skeletal remains unearthed in the backyard of a home on Black Street in the Garfield neighborhood, his mind flashed back more than half a century. That’s when he and his family lived in that same house with Mary Arcuri and her husband, Albert.

Mary disappeared in October of 1964.
Her husband told police she had run off with a man, and her family never heard from again.
Sberna told KDKA-TV’s Ralph Iannotti on Monday afternoon, “My aunt would have contacted the family. There was no reason for her to disappear, I don’t believe.”

http://www.burghline.com/article/breaking/238537/

Albert Arcuri, who was 40, died eight months after his wife vanished. His car smashed into a brick wall of an auto dealership on Baum Boulevard.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that the car was speeding, and left skid marks for 250 feet.

Sberna said his late mother, and grandmother – Mary's sister – often talked about her strange disappearance.
<snip>

Sberna says he now wonders if the whole story about his aunt's disappearance will ever be fully be known.
"Something happened," Sberna said. "She was buried there, maybe it was an accident, maybe they were having a fight, I can't tell you. I don't know if the detectives will know. It's just nice that they found her."

Officially, neither Pittsburgh Police, nor the Allegheny County Medical Examiner have positively identified the human remains found by construction workers last week. They were installing a patio in the backyard of the home where the Arcuris used to live.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pittsburgh-discovery-of-remains-solves-decades-long-family-mystery/

UID Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...e-Remains-in-Backyard-of-Vacant-Home-Feb-2018

Not sure how old she was, she doesn’t look that old at all, but my heart goes out to her because She looked so SAD!..Poor Woman..

Mary I’m glad they found you, if that is you...but, I’m even happier that it seems like either You or Karma got You some Justice...

it’s pretty obvious that scoundrel/husband Albert killed you, and then either couldn’t live with the guilt or he had some help finding that wall at a very high speed...

I also I feel so sorry for their poor children, and only hope that they had relatives who were able go take them in so that they could have normal happy lives..it’s a shame that so many lives were ruined because of one person..

May you Rest In Peace, and I hope your children all had good, happy, healthy lives..

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to an origin source..Thanks!

Also note: For whatever reason TapaTalk Hates me, so when I click “Thanks!”, it shows that it registered, etc..but, then my “Thanks” disappears a minute, 5mins, next time I log-in. So, even though you won’t see my “Thanks” under your posts, again, because TapaTalk Hates me (Boo!-Hiss!)..Please know that I am Thankful for your Help/Support/Humor/Etc!..so, THANK YOU!

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Press release by Pgh Bureau of Police (via email). Interesting that Therese Rocco actually knew the Arcuris back in the day.

City of Pittsburgh pressrelease@pittsburghpa.gov via yahoo.com
2:10 PM (26 minutes ago)

to xxxxxxxxx
cleardot.gif

Published:
Chris Togneri
Public Information Officer
Public Safety
412-627-3552
chris.togneri@pittsburghpa.gov
CmRgxm84E5qklNAOLOfX_CsSRarwfLF7TfT4lVbLses-y3laRRsc6AA2mXefEJJo2GYWC29YLP-MmzsG2QtC1g1B-Q_1PtBqbb-XEBri5gMiQBBe=s0-d-e1-ft

UPDATE: Remains Found in Yard Identified
PITTSBURGH, PA (Feb. 20, 2019) -- On Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018 Pittsburgh Bureau of Police officers responded to the 5400 block of Black Street for a report of skeletal remains in the rear of a residence.

Responding officers learned that the home had recently changed ownership and the new owners were doing construction in the yard. Workers digging in the yard discovered the remains and called police.

The remains were buried under a slab of concrete and assorted brick. The remains and other evidence, including clothing, were recovered by Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office Investigators and detectives from the Pittsburgh Police Crime Scene Unit. The remains were transported to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office.

An investigation began, led by Detective Edward Fallert.

The remains appeared to have been buried in the yard for a significant amount of time. Detectives checked Missing Persons reports and found no matches.

Det. Fallert conferred with retired Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Assistant Chief Therese Rocco, who had headed the bureau’s Missing Person’s Division for many years before her retirement in 1994. Assistant Chief Rocco was unable to identify the victim from police reports. However, while reviewing former owners and occupants of the residence, Rocco remembered Mary and Albert Arcuri, who were Rocco’s former neighbors and friends more than 50 years ago. She recalled that in the mid-1960s, the story was that Mary had left Albert and was never seen or heard from again. No Missing Person report was filed and police were not notified.

Through further investigation, detectives learned that Albert and Mary Arcuri purchased the residence in the early 1960s, and that in the fall of 1964, Albert told family members that Mary had left him. He stated that Mary had taken her clothing and personal items and left. Less than a year later (May, 1965), Albert Arcuri died when the car he was driving crashed into a building on Baum Boulevard, which was then the Don Allen Chevrolet car dealership.

Investigators obtained a DNA sample from a living family member. The remains and the sample were sent to UNT Center for Human Identification in Texas for analysis.

A forensic analyst from the lab last week confirmed that the remains are those of Mary Arcuri.

The investigation is ongoing. At this time, no charges have been filed and Police cannot speculate on how Mary Arcuri died or why she was buried in the back yard. Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Pittsburgh Police at (412) 323-7161.

Note: Surviving family have expressed their desire to not be contacted by media regarding this case.

May you rest in peace in a much more respected place than you had been, Ms. Arcuri. My condolences to her family, friends, and associates. May God bless all who've worked tirelessly for the answers that have finally been provided. :)

Mary was such a beautiful woman. I've seen her pic for years. I can't imagine the hell though which she lived and died. God bless her soul. Rest peacefully, Mary.

Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date of Last Contact October 1, 1964. - NamUs Case Created March 8, 2018
Exclusions-
UP6629.
02/03/1991
Frederick
VA.
UP12683
06/06/2014
Newport News
VA

In just about a year's time, she'd only been compared to 2 UID'S, well 3 once her body was found. :(

The remains found in the yard have been identified as being Mary. Rest in peace.
Remains Found In Yard In 2018 Identified As Woman Who Went Missing In 1960s

From the link above -
#

In the fall of 1964, Albert allegedly told family members that Mary had left him and taken her clothing and personal items with her. In May 1965, Albert died after he crashed his car into a building on Baum Boulevard.

SNIP

Police say no charges have been filed and they cannot speculate on how Mary died or why she was buried in the backyard.

#
BBM
I certainly can speculate, but I won't do so publicly out of respect for her family. I'll just angrily leave this thread. :mad:

I guess it's just reasonable to assume that Mary's husband Albert must have killed her, especially since he committed suicide running his car into that wall on Baum Blvd. Or maybe that's a rush to judgement. The ME's office could not rule Mary's death a homicide. As KDKA points out, it could have been an accident.

Therese Rocco (some may recongnize her name from Mary Ann Verdecchia's case) wasn't just friends with the Arcuri family, she is the daughter's godmother. The video at the link has Ms Rocco on the phone. She says she couldn't believe Mary would just leave those kids. She also said she couldn't believe Albert would kill Mary. How Mary died is something we may never know.

Remains Found In Yard In 2018 Identified As Woman Last Seen In 1960s

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back