CANADA Canada - Karen MacKenzie, 40, Dartmouth, NS, 25 Feb 2018

I know this girl from sight, but not to talk to. I've seen her around in Halifax, but not for a while. I hope she's safe.

Not a lot of information.
Who was the last to see her?

Forensic van was at the apartment and the dumpsters were taped off.
LE must believe whatever has happened, happened either inside ir outside of the apartment.

I don't think Highfield park is the best of neighborhoods or at least it wasn't years ago

Not a lot of information.
Who was the last to see her?

Forensic van was at the apartment and the dumpsters were taped off.
LE must believe whatever has happened, happened either inside ir outside of the apartment.

I don't think Highfield park is the best of neighborhoods or at least it wasn't years ago

I know Highfield Park still has a reputation for being not the nicest neighbourhood, but I guess like everywhere else, it has its good souls. I feel so worried about Karen. Was speaking to someone in Timmy's on Spring Garden, and they were saying they are from Dartmouth and they feel very unsettled about this.

I know Highfield Park still has a reputation for being not the nicest neighbourhood, but I guess like everywhere else, it has its good souls. I feel so worried about Karen. Was speaking to someone in Timmy's on Spring Garden, and they were saying they are from Dartmouth and they feel very unsettled about this.

Yes, well my niece lives there.
Do we know where Karen lives?

I can't find any updates this morning

I've not seen any more updates

Halifax Regional Police have charged a Dartmouth man in relation to the disappearance of a woman in February, but haven’t accused him of killing her.

Police said Wednesday evening that they arrested 40-year-old Owen Patrick Nelson on Tuesday afternoon without incident in the Highfield Park Drive area. They charged him Wednesday afternoon with assaulting MacKenzie, interfering with human remains and two counts of breach of probation.

Nelson, who is known to police, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth provincial court Thursday morning.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/...th-remains-in-case-of-missing-dartmouth-woman

"Even though the charges have been laid, we still want to locate Karen," said McIsaac. "She hasn't been found. Even though we do believe she is deceased, we're still actively investigating that."

Public posts on Nelson's Facebook page appear to suggest he and MacKenzie knew each other.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...icious-disappearance-man-questioned-1.4575878

The day MacKenzie was reported missing, Nelson wrote a post with candid photos asking if anyone had seen her.

The next day he posted a video of a dog with the sound of a woman laughing.

"I miss your laugh babe. I hope that you are finally happy wherever you are," he wrote.

From the reporters tweets Nelson has a history of assaulting Karen and had to have permission to be around her.

So Nelson claims he was Karen's fiancé, yet I work with someone who is friends with Karen's real boyfriend who is just devastated. What a messed up situation

This article states he had previously choked her. It also stated they were living together but I've not seen that stated anywhere else.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...already-faced-charge-of-choking-her-1.4577939

It's believed Nelson and MacKenzie were living together in a Highfield Park apartment when she went missing.

According to court records, Nelson was already facing charges that he had assaulted MacKenzie, including choking her. The two had dated and Nelson had previously been subject to a court order to stay away from her.

"The condition in the probation order, as I recall, allowed him to have contact with Miss MacKenzie, with her consent," James said of her client.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back